You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training-Camp (Rooks report 7/21)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An everything I've heard fro. Media in attendance at the practices has been wowed by Hopkins and fully expects him to contribute big time right away. Add in the probability of him not having a safety deep on his side of the field, it'll be exciting watching him and what defenses do if he begins to excel.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its hard to say how good they are since they are competing with other rookies. I think Hopkins and DJ are the real thing, but everyone else will be MEH when TC starts. They will need time to get better.
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a feeling Chris Jones is gonna be special too.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLZ someone give me a roster of 90 and what areas do we still need to address.. I still see seymour out there and think he would look good at our DT position with watt and smith ... but i want to see some ideas of 90 man training camp roster and and depth chart
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
PLZ someone give me a roster of 90 and what areas do we still need to address.. I still see seymour out there and think he would look good at our DT position with watt and smith ... but i want to see some ideas of 90 man training camp roster and and depth chart

I have an on ongoing roster thread just scroll down

Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collin Klein didnt get a contract from us for TC.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/22230092/2013/05/12/qb-collin-klein-does-not-get-contract-from-texans

Quote:
"No, I did not sign," Klein said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports before catching a flight. "I think they're working through some things.

"I feel very good that I put my best foot forward and just so grateful they gave me the opportunity."

Read more: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/22230092/2013/05/12/qb-collin-klein-does-not-get-contract-from-texans#ixzz2T917JA2N

I think he would serve well as an assistant coach in a few years at KSU. Wish him well in the future.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/22230092/2013/05/12/qb-collin-klein-does-not-get-contract-from-texans

Quote:
"No, I did not sign," Klein said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports before catching a flight. "I think they're working through some things.

"I feel very good that I put my best foot forward and just so grateful they gave me the opportunity."

Read more: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/22230092/2013/05/12/qb-collin-klein-does-not-get-contract-from-texans#ixzz2T917JA2N

I think he would serve well as an assistant coach in a few years at KSU. Wish him well in the future.

It's too bad for him that Josh McDaniels isn't a head coach somewhere. Laughing

I think he would have really had to impress the staff with his QB skills to jump ahead of Case or McGee. It would be interesting to have a more mobile QB, but not by sacrificing accuracy, decision making, and overall system knowledge. I like the kid and think he could potentially have an NFL career if he's willing to try out at other positions. Teams that want his QB skillset may seek him over Tebow to avoid the media circus.
kenney

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Quote:

It's too bad for him that Josh McDaniels isn't a head coach somewhere. Laughing

I think he would have really had to impress the staff with his QB skills to jump ahead of Case or McGee. It would be interesting to have a more mobile QB, but not by sacrificing accuracy, decision making, and overall system knowledge. I like the kid and think he could potentially have an NFL career if he's willing to try out at other positions. Teams that want his QB skillset may seek him over Tebow to avoid the media circus.

Stephen McGee is a best case scenario for Collin Klein, IMO.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OTA's start Monday morning!

lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Footballs back!

Here's a vid from the Texans website on the first day of OTA's

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/1st-Look-OTAs-Day-1/c15e29c9-63f6-4845-9722-69328348df73

And here's a pic DJ tweeted this morning.

Although he pimps out his mixtape quite often, he has that swagger and the look of a beast.

lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of observation that some media members had and quotes from some players.

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 18m
Andre Johnson says Hopkins looked good but was thinking a lot. Added that happens with all rookies and Hopkins looked better than most.

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield 17m
Brooks Reed practiced at ILB today. #Texans are taking a look at Sam Montgomery, Trevardo Williams and Bryan Braman at OLB

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 14m
@HoustonTexans best improvement from Yr1 to Yr2? just eyeballing, Brandon Brooks. In much better condition for what Texans do

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 12m
A nice surprise of the day. RT @PatDStat: Darryl Sharpton was a full go today at OTAs. Moved well without any issues. #Texans

Adam Wexler @awexler 6m
Brooks Reed essentially conceded he's an ILB. no final decision but there now, pending how rookies look outside

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield 7m
Brooks Reed said #Texans coaches told him "Be prepared for either way (ILB or OLB). It all kind of depends on what these new draftees do."

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield 5m
Gary Kubiak on Brian Cushing: "Doing great. Heíll be ready to go. Our goal's been training camp the whole time." #Texans

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooks Reed getting time at ILB already. Not sure why they are so skeptical about Trev or Montgomery starting at SOLB as rookies. Brooks Reed started at SLB 10 weeks and 2 playoff games as a rookie after Mario went down. Not exactly a stretch for a 3rd or 4th rounder to start out there (which will be nominal anyway) since they'll only be out there on running downs and first off the field when we go to 4-3 or nickle/dime.

I expect Hopkins to be a day 1 starter and Swearinger to get starter # of snaps as #3 safety. Brennan Williams has a decent shot of winning the RT job if he can work out pass protection kinks and Trevardo/Montgomery are easily in line to get a combined 40-50% of snaps at SOLB as rookies. Barring injury, I don't expect to see much of the 6th round superfectecta of Quessenberry, Bonner, Jones, or Griffin in 2013 (not going to shock me to see Bonner & Griffin on the PS).

Will be a little interesting to watch Ben Jones, Brooks, Quessenberry battle for RG spot (My $ is on a slimmed down Brooks). I wouldn't rule out yet another "rotation" year as Williams/Brooks present the best run blocking tandem, with Harris/Jones as the best pass protectors (I still can't figure out what Newton is best at as he is so inconsistent and mistake prone). Obviously you can't rotate down by down, but if we are down, I'd expect to see more of the latter and more of Williams/Brooks when we are ahead and pounding the ball.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6539/brooks-reed

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last, but not least.

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield 27m
"Iím starting to feel like me again, and thatís a hell of a feeling. Itís full throttle now." @briancushing56 #Texans

biggio7

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Brooks Reed getting time at ILB already. Not sure why they are so skeptical about Trev or Montgomery starting at SOLB as rookies. Brooks Reed started at SLB 10 weeks and 2 playoff games as a rookie after Mario went down. Not exactly a stretch for a 3rd or 4th rounder to start out there (which will be nominal anyway) since they'll only be out there on running downs and first off the field when we go to 4-3 or nickle/dime.

Because neither were LBs in college. I think Trev played a little LB. Montgomery played with his hand in the ground and minimal coverage.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggio7 wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

Because neither were LBs in college. I think Trev played a little LB. Montgomery played with his hand in the ground and minimal coverage.

Reed was also a 4-3 DE and never played OLB.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: