Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys release former Bucs 2nd round pick DT Brian Price
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price was a low risk, high reward situation, like putting a 12th round pick on Staubach or Hennings-- if it doesn't pan out, no big loss. If it does, your team got a lot better.

But don't count on anything.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I should have seen this coming. Assumed Dallas knew enough about Price at this point that they viewed drafting some DL depth was unnecessary.

Silly me.

Kiltman on avy Pepper90 on sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Northland

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webmaster wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

What's really old, is you constantly berating others for having a difference of opinion and posting only to attempt and incite a rise out of others.

Not that it really do any good, but again - here's a WARNING

The_Slamman has ignored all warnings and continues to troll and insult other members. As a result, I'm forced to ban him. This is his second ban and will be for at least three months.

I am disappointed that there was no other option but a ban. However, we all must abide by the rules. If warnings are ignored what choice do the moderators or the webmaster have?
GrassyKnoll

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To ban a long term poster in this forum for disagreeing about the direction of the team we all love was not necessary. I don't always agree with Slam, but I never saw him get out of line or personal. Others have done worse in the past and the mods did nothing. We seem to have mods who let their personal disagreements effect their judgement about individual posters. I think this 3 month ban is way over the top.
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrassyKnoll wrote:
To ban a long term poster in this forum for disagreeing about the direction of the team we all love was not necessary. I don't always agree with Slam, but I never saw him get out of line or personal. Others have done worse in the past and the mods did nothing. We seem to have mods who let their personal disagreements effect their judgement about individual posters. I think this 3 month ban is way over the top.

So...blatantly lying about what other people have said, and saying they're drinking the Jerruh juice isn't trolling? If you feel there's a problem with the moderators, take it up with Webby.

^^^mack
Runaway Jim

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
The best DL coach in the NFL went after him when he came here.

Didn't we sign Price before Rob Ryan was fired?

^daboyle250
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrassyKnoll wrote:

Slam has been calling several regulars "Apologist", "Homers", "Drinking Jerry Juice" and more for a while now. In fact, he was just banned for this same thing a couple months ago. How did he respond? By making this:

Calling people mental midgets and puppets.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
GrassyKnoll wrote:

Slam has been calling several regulars "Apologist", "Homers", "Drinking Jerry Juice" and more for a while now. In fact, he was just banned for this same thing a couple months ago. How did he respond? By making this:

Does it really matter? I agree Slam should probably have worded things differently, but do the words apologist, homer, etc, really bother anyone that much?

Doesn't Dirk wear that sig? Can't be all that bad when one of the self admitted "homers" dons the sig, can it?

Not really worth pursuing since what's done, is done, but jeez, seems like we're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Kiltman on avy Pepper90 on sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk lost a sig bet; he isnt wearing it because he agrees with it.

Im going to drop it from here.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
GrassyKnoll wrote:

Does it really matter? I agree Slam should probably have worded things differently, but do the words apologist, homer, etc, really bother anyone that much?

Doesn't Dirk wear that sig? Can't be all that bad when one of the self admitted "homers" dons the sig, can it?

Not really worth pursuing since what's done, is done, but jeez, seems like we're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Yeah, we've all pushed the line at times, but when a MOD warns you, you need to take a step back. If Webby is communicating with you, good things are not coming.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys. The focus on the thread should be about Price and being cut.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@RJBrasilcdn: @BryanBroaddus so Price cleared waivers, and is property of Cowboys, and on IR? They put him on IR yesterday.

Just in case anyone was wondering.

As for my .sig, I wear it with pride: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=509204
and
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/12/31/3821560/no-regrets
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
Quote:
@RJBrasilcdn: @BryanBroaddus so Price cleared waivers, and is property of Cowboys, and on IR? They put him on IR yesterday.

Just in case anyone was wondering.

Sweet. I am really pulling for him.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
textaz03

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentleman (and ladies if in here) we do not discuss about banned members weather short term or permanently banned. Lets move on and get back on topic please! Or we will be forced to lock the thread.

Thank you

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Gentleman (and ladies if in here) we do not discuss about banned members weather short term or permanently banned. Lets move on and get back on topic please! Or we will be forced to lock the thread.

Thank you

Its nice and sunny here - taking Em to the park

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: