Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys release former Bucs 2nd round pick DT Brian Price
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 10957
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
So are we definitely putting Price on IR at this point?


With him being waived/injured, I don't think IR is an option.
_________________


"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Nextyearfordaboyz


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 17312
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

But if posters here were claiming that Price was legitimately part of the reason, I think they were a little overzealous from the beginning.

Pretty sure no one did. slam has already been invited to provide an example.


I didn't say anyone did. I was just trying to point out that if anyone did, in fact, claim that, they were in the minority. And us claiming that it's not a big deal doesn't mean we are spinning anything or changing our opinions.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dirk Gently


Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 6209
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
So are we definitely putting Price on IR at this point?


With him being waived/injured, I don't think IR is an option.
if no one else claims him, it is. This is what we tried to do with Nagy last but Detroit claimed him (edited for great duh-ness)

Last edited by Dirk Gently on Fri May 10, 2013 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28995
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
So are we definitely putting Price on IR at this point?


With him being waived/injured, I don't think IR is an option.
if no one else claims him, it is. This is what we tried to do with Nagy last year but Baltimore claimed him (why would the great Baltimore want one of our oline? We can't draft or develop the trenches, right?)


It was actually Detroit who got Nagy.
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dirk Gently


Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 6209
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... I corrected it...imadoofus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 10957
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
So are we definitely putting Price on IR at this point?


With him being waived/injured, I don't think IR is an option.
if no one else claims him, it is. This is what we tried to do with Nagy last year but Baltimore claimed him (why would the great Baltimore want one of our oline? We can't draft or develop the trenches, right?)


It was actually Detroit who got Nagy.


That irked me, I really liked Nagy. I didn't think he'd be a superstar, but I thought he could be a solid backup at C and both OG spots.
_________________


"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
PincheJimmy


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 1414
Location: Flower Mound, TX
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webmaster wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

What's really old, is you constantly berating others for having a difference of opinion and posting only to attempt and incite a rise out of others.

Not that it really do any good, but again - here's a WARNING


The_Slamman has ignored all warnings and continues to troll and insult other members. As a result, I'm forced to ban him. This is his second ban and will be for at least three months.


Applause Thank you sir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
atran35


Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Posts: 3099
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

But if posters here were claiming that Price was legitimately part of the reason, I think they were a little overzealous from the beginning.

Pretty sure no one did. slam has already been invited to provide an example.


I didn't say anyone did. I was just trying to point out that if anyone did, in fact, claim that, they were in the minority. And us claiming that it's not a big deal doesn't mean we are spinning anything or changing our opinions.


Well it's all good...Slam just got waived due to verbal injuries for about 3 months.

Bring both Price and Slam back for training camp. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 10957
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
Webmaster wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

What's really old, is you constantly berating others for having a difference of opinion and posting only to attempt and incite a rise out of others.

Not that it really do any good, but again - here's a WARNING


The_Slamman has ignored all warnings and continues to troll and insult other members. As a result, I'm forced to ban him. This is his second ban and will be for at least three months.


=D> Thank you sir


It's kinda like Fight Club. We don't talk about it.
_________________


"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Dallasfan1313


Joined: 08 Apr 2006
Posts: 1532
Location: Rhode Island, USA
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webmaster wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

What's really old, is you constantly berating others for having a difference of opinion and posting only to attempt and incite a rise out of others.

Not that it really do any good, but again - here's a WARNING


The_Slamman has ignored all warnings and continues to troll and insult other members. As a result, I'm forced to ban him. This is his second ban and will be for at least three months.


Wow...wasn't expecting this

I leave for six months to go to school and when I come back I don't even recognize Slam anymore. This isn't the same hilarious poster I made all the cowpoke commercials with. What happened to you dude?
_________________


R.I.P. B2TB and S.A.

ianlewis16 wrote:
you're my favourite poster

Matts4313 wrote:
DF1313 + Anger = Win for the forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 10957
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallasfan1313 wrote:
Webmaster wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

What's really old, is you constantly berating others for having a difference of opinion and posting only to attempt and incite a rise out of others.

Not that it really do any good, but again - here's a WARNING


The_Slamman has ignored all warnings and continues to troll and insult other members. As a result, I'm forced to ban him. This is his second ban and will be for at least three months.


Wow...wasn't expecting this

I leave for six months to go to school and when I come back I don't even recognize Slam anymore. This isn't the same hilarious poster I made all the cowpoke commercials with. What happened to you dude?


Welcome back! You gonna be around for a while?
_________________


"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Dallasfan1313


Joined: 08 Apr 2006
Posts: 1532
Location: Rhode Island, USA
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Dallasfan1313 wrote:
Webmaster wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

What's really old, is you constantly berating others for having a difference of opinion and posting only to attempt and incite a rise out of others.

Not that it really do any good, but again - here's a WARNING


The_Slamman has ignored all warnings and continues to troll and insult other members. As a result, I'm forced to ban him. This is his second ban and will be for at least three months.


Wow...wasn't expecting this

I leave for six months to go to school and when I come back I don't even recognize Slam anymore. This isn't the same hilarious poster I made all the cowpoke commercials with. What happened to you dude?


Welcome back! You gonna be around for a while?


O yea! Went down to Florida for special effects makeup school (awesome time loved it except for crappy internet that kept me off here) Glad to be back finally Very Happy
_________________


R.I.P. B2TB and S.A.

ianlewis16 wrote:
you're my favourite poster

Matts4313 wrote:
DF1313 + Anger = Win for the forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 10957
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallasfan1313 wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Dallasfan1313 wrote:
Webmaster wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

What's really old, is you constantly berating others for having a difference of opinion and posting only to attempt and incite a rise out of others.

Not that it really do any good, but again - here's a WARNING


The_Slamman has ignored all warnings and continues to troll and insult other members. As a result, I'm forced to ban him. This is his second ban and will be for at least three months.


Wow...wasn't expecting this

I leave for six months to go to school and when I come back I don't even recognize Slam anymore. This isn't the same hilarious poster I made all the cowpoke commercials with. What happened to you dude?


Welcome back! You gonna be around for a while?


O yea! Went down to Florida for special effects makeup school (awesome time loved it except for crappy internet that kept me off here) Glad to be back finally Very Happy


SFX makeup school sounds awesome. Bet that was a lot of fun. The Cowpokes are coming up soon. Hopefully, you can entertain us, like in year's past. Your Se7en style interview was one of my all-time favorites. Laughing

And to keep this on topic, I still don't think Price will be missed all that much.
_________________


"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Dallasfan1313


Joined: 08 Apr 2006
Posts: 1532
Location: Rhode Island, USA
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Dallasfan1313 wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Dallasfan1313 wrote:
Webmaster wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

What's really old, is you constantly berating others for having a difference of opinion and posting only to attempt and incite a rise out of others.

Not that it really do any good, but again - here's a WARNING


The_Slamman has ignored all warnings and continues to troll and insult other members. As a result, I'm forced to ban him. This is his second ban and will be for at least three months.


Wow...wasn't expecting this

I leave for six months to go to school and when I come back I don't even recognize Slam anymore. This isn't the same hilarious poster I made all the cowpoke commercials with. What happened to you dude?


Welcome back! You gonna be around for a while?


O yea! Went down to Florida for special effects makeup school (awesome time loved it except for crappy internet that kept me off here) Glad to be back finally Very Happy


SFX makeup school sounds awesome. Bet that was a lot of fun. The Cowpokes are coming up soon. Hopefully, you can entertain us, like in year's past. Your Se7en style interview was one of my all-time favorites. Laughing

And to keep this on topic, I still don't think Price will be missed all that much.


Thank you and you know i'm always up for that fun Twisted Evil Already got an idea for one just from this situation.

But your right lets not hijack this thread with my welcome back party lol I also had hopes Price would regain his previous form but like whats already been said it was low risk high reward. Hopefully we can keep him and he ends up healthy by TC and we'll get a chance to see what he has.
_________________


R.I.P. B2TB and S.A.

ianlewis16 wrote:
you're my favourite poster

Matts4313 wrote:
DF1313 + Anger = Win for the forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
acowboys62


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 10124
Location: NJ/Phila
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
htfryar wrote:
As for the original topic, anyone stop to think that maybe the waived/injured thing also applies to Price possibly still not being psychologically right? Didn't the death of his sister eff him up? Maybe he is still not mentally ready to play at the NFL level. I'm not saying that this is for sure the problem, but it is a possibility.


Actually no, it's not. The first comment I made in this thread was that I couldn't wait to see how people ( and by people I meant homers) were going to try to spin this. Guys, it's old. It's lame. I hope this sinks in... Just because a player puts on a cowboy uniform does not mean he's going to be the next great thing or has amazing talent, etc. Seriously, for as much as people may criticize Jerry jones, the overwhelming majority of you will quickly buy into what he's selling. The examples are endless. Now, many of you are so conditioned by drinking the Jerry Juice that he doesn't even need to say anything for the masses to have unreasonable expectations about players.

But, no... The death of his sister did not total eff him mentally as to not be able to play football. I'm not saying there wasn't grief. Of course there was. But, if anything it probably increased his desire to make it in the NFL so he could shoulder the financial responsibility. His demise was genetic. He had a rare condition with his hamstrings/pelvis. He was never the same after his surgeries.

Not on that, but it's absurd to argue that the death his 2 brothers didn't eff him up mentally and was able to still play football at all American levels... But the death of his sisters did. It's just not intellectually honest. Feel free to keep spinning though... After Jerry can't give press conference everyday.


Little unfair to use "no" since you have no idea how he felt after that.
_________________
Quote:
"I'm going to demolish him. He understands that."
- Kobe Bean Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group