Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Cribbs visiting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ManeLine

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Josh Cribbs visiting Reply with quote

Quote:
Josh Cribbs remains in demand. After meeting with Raiders, Jets and Giants this week, he's on to Detroit next.

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/332578806164496384

I'd love to add him as a returner and a weapon for Linehan to use. (though he kind of lacks creativity...)

What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That dude had a Jahvid Best like knockout last year against the Ravens. Surprised Mayhew would even consider taking that gamble again.
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only if cheap...I still want Freeney.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
That dude had a Jahvid Best like knockout last year against the Ravens. Surprised Mayhew would even consider taking that gamble again.

They don't have to use a draft pick on him this time around, which changes things a little. If his contract demands aren't too high then Cribbs makes a ton of sense for a team that hasn't had a worthwhile return game in a couple of years.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Josh Cribbs visiting Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:
Quote:
Josh Cribbs remains in demand. After meeting with Raiders, Jets and Giants this week, he's on to Detroit next.

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/332578806164496384

I'd love to add him as a returner and a weapon for Linehan to use. (though he kind of lacks creativity...)

What do you guys think?

He doesnt need creativity to improve non-existent return game.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he could be had for cheap, I have no issue with it. We literally have no one there.
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's already visited with the Cardinals, Raiders, Jets, and Giants with no deal.

He's either still hurt, asking for too big of a role ie wanting significant snaps on offense, or asking for too much money.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
He's already visited with the Cardinals, Raiders, Jets, and Giants with no deal.

He's either still hurt, asking for too big of a role ie wanting significant snaps on offense, or asking for too much money.
He'll have to settle eventually.

CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.

R.I.P. Stylish
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:

Actually, he's been offered a deal from Oakland, but keeps visiting teams. Maybe he just wants a better situation.
tippitover

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:

Actually, he's been offered a deal from Oakland, but keeps visiting teams. Maybe he just wants a better situation.

here's the article I read with comment made of the raiders offer for cribbs

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000167978/article/josh-cribbs-has-oakland-raiders-offer-continues-tour

Team Stylish
CalLionsFan

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tippitover wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:

here's the article I read with comment made of the raiders offer for cribbs

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000167978/article/josh-cribbs-has-oakland-raiders-offer-continues-tour

I think he just wants to check all his options and pick the right fit for himself.
Of course he wants a good role and get paid. Wouldn't we all? But he set up meetings with 5 teams that were interested and wants to check all of them. See who has the "best offer."
From the outside looking in,
JETS- I don't like the circus atmosphere, but they will pay.
RAIDERS- haven't been good for a long time. He just left Cleveland!
GIANTS- Could see him signing here. Good team.
CARDINALS- Looking up, but still toward the bottom.
LIONS- All the potential and star power is here, if they can utilize it.

We'll see........I wouldn't mind getting him.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't hate it depending on the money. Definitely will improve our return game the games he does play. His injury concerns weren't really about the concussions it was the knee surgery he just had. Though, I'm sure anyone with concussion history has concerns with them now that the leagues cracking down on these.

With Calvin Johnson, Reggie Bush, and Josh Cribbs on the field for offense and our return game Lions have a lot more chances to go yard on any play, which I like the thoughts of.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
Wouldn't hate it depending on the money. Definitely will improve our return game the games he does play. His injury concerns weren't really about the concussions it was the knee surgery he just had. Though, I'm sure anyone with concussion history has concerns with them now that the leagues cracking down on these.

With Calvin Johnson, Reggie Bush, and Josh Cribbs on the field for offense and our return game Lions have a lot more chances to go yard on any play, which I like the thoughts of.

I might be alone in this one, but if we get Cribbs I want him doing returns and nothing else. His production in the return game has slipped over the last three years while he's been playing on offense (he has only one return TD since 2009), and it's not like he's been that effective on offense either. In fact I believe there's a good chunk of his production that's come from the wildcat formation, if I'm not mistaken.

I would guess he'd rather play for a team that promises him the opportunity to play some offense, though, so that will probably be a factor in his decision.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I want Cribbs doing here is returning kicks. If he's not cool with that then he can move on as far as I'm concerned. Keep the guy focused on his role.

My only concern is that he's had 12 fumbles on punt returns the last 4 years, and 4 fumbles on Kick returns the last 4 years. He has 9 career fumbles on kick returns, but 17 career punt return fumbles. But, like fuller said, since he's been more involved in the offense the last 4 years he's had some mental mistakes on special teams.

Although, in the last 4 years Logan had 14 punt return fumbles, and 4 kick return fumbles.

We'll have to wait and see, though. You never know what'll happen or if he'll even come here.

Team Stylish313
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed with the Raiders.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/334757253716525056

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: