Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Inside the Browns' War Room. Kind of.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ensman13

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deleted my post because I read it and he wasn't even allowed in the war room Laughing made me laugh

Thomas Jefferson wrote:
The Declaration of Independence
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bruceb

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
I would have made that trade. In a heartbeat.

And taken Jamie Collins in the second.

I'm actually upset if this is true. That's a ton of picks.

I don't know about Collins specifically, but I would have made it, too.

This year is going to be about the new staff learning what they have got in terms of talent.

With that learning, the picks they would have gained in the trade and the picks from the trades they made, they would have been positioned to get a blue chip or two, at least, next year.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ensman13 wrote:
I deleted my post because I read it and he wasn't even allowed in the war room Laughing made me laugh

My sources, which weren't allowed near the parties speaking, has informed me that bulldog strong armed ensman into taking the blame for the deleted thread.

Not talking
ensman13

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmk wrote:
Was really impressed how he managed to salvage an article out of 3 days of guys telling him "this is off the record". You can almost see him seething with frustration as he was writing it, wishing he could share all he heard but knowing that he would just have to fill a few pages prancing around it. Really enjoyable read for an article that doesn't really say anything.

I'd be mad if I were him. They kick me out of the war room, but Manti Teo's girlfriend gets to stay? I call BS

Thomas Jefferson wrote:
The Declaration of Independence
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the proposed trade goes, I'd rather have the bird in hand. Especially if you think that bird is a double digit sack artist.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
As far as the proposed trade goes, I'd rather have the bird in hand. Especially if you think that bird is a double digit sack artist.

duke2056

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late 2nd and two late future 1sts....................................the value for pick 6 doesnt seem to add up, but I think the deal would have been good. In 2014, or 2015 when some franchise looking QB pops up, we would be able to get the guy, even if we needed to overpay if the team picking at #1 that year needed a QB.

But I can't fault them for not doing that (if it is even true).

I also can't see why San Fran would do that deal. Seems they would rather give up like 5-6 that the picks they had THIS year.

Now, OBVIOUSLY we could have done the trade with the Rams if we wanted to, considering that deal happened with a team who picked right after us. I definitely wish we did that deal.

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:

I would have been extremely tempted. And you guys know my love for Barky. I think he will be the best player from this draft. But those 2 1sts would be awesome ammo to trade up for a QB next year, if you believe he is a game changer.

Now the 6 for 16 and 46? No freaking way. 2 fringe starters for an above ave/elite pass rushing ROLB? Hales no!

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
buno67

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

I would have been extremely tempted. And you guys know my love for Barky. I think he will be the best player from this draft. But those 2 1sts would be awesome ammo to trade up for a QB next year, if you believe he is a game changer.

Now the 6 for 16 and 46? No freaking way. 2 fringe starters for an above ave/elite pass rushing ROLB? Hales no!
why trade up for a QB? This class is going to so loaded that if we need a QB we will get one. Class seems as loaded as the eli rivers big ben draft class

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

why trade up for a QB? This class is going to so loaded that if we need a QB we will get one. Class seems as loaded as the eli rivers big ben draft class

Because I want our guy. Or the best QB in the draft. Whoever that is more than likely will go #1. So I would definitely move up to get him.

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

Go get your guy, no more standing around. If we need a QB, we better go get him and not try and play fancy. Could be you're waiting on Big Ben, could be your waiting on JP Losman

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

Go get your guy, no more standing around. If we need a QB, we better go get him and not try and play fancy. Could be you're waiting on Big Ben, could be your waiting on JP Losman

Yeah but why sacrifice this years draft for a guy you might like and might need to trade up for...
Look at last years after draft. It had smith and barkley pegged as top10 players. A lot can happen.
Like bridgdwater made a lot of strides last season but now opposing defense have a offseason to pick him apart. Also can he stand the glory. He wasnt the the spot light the entire season but this year every decidion he makes will be looked at.
Mock drafts can drastically change.

I dont want the leaders teading out of this draft to prepare for a trade up.
Hell, they could fall in love with fales and trade for him or etc.

If they think this QB is the best for the browns then trade for them but dont ruin this draft for next year.
Iike in 07 the QB the steelers wanted was Eli not Big ben. But imo with thisnupcoming draft if the browns are picking top15 a franchise QB will be there if were not picking in the top15than Weeden proved himself

Location: 2014 Adopt a Brownie: Jim Dray: 10 Receptions, 144 Yards (14.4 ypc), 1 TD, 8 FD
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

Yea, I'd be pissed if we need to draft a QB next year and we wait around for one to fall to us. If we have the resources to move and get the guy the Coaches want, then [inappropriate/removed] do it, and dont be dumb about it.

Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the question, imo, you have to ask yourself..

It's Barkevious Mingo vs. Who?

If you traded what was essentially Barkevious Mingo for a 2014 and 2015 1st..who would you be able to get?

Are you thinking that the 49ers will finish with a Top 10 Draft pick? Or are you thinking they'll pick in the late 20's?

Because honestly, the value of a late first a year and 2 years from now, doesn't add up the value of Barkevious Mingo RIGHT NOW. You wouldn't get Clowney with the 49ers' pick, you wouldn't get a lot of guys that're sure to be top 10 draft picks more than likley. So ask yourself, do you value a couple 'late 20's' in the future more than you value the selection of Barkevious Mingo. You could look at it as "we'd have 2 first round picks for the next two seasons, we could get anyone we want". That's true, very true, but again, with the utmost respect you guys have grown rather used to losing... Barkevious represents a chance to change that...why give it up to push back your opportunities at success? That's just my opinion and I'm just a Steelers fan.

I said this during the draft and I'll remind you here that I did say this..

I hated the Barkevious Mingo selection. Why? Because it makes perfect sense for the Browns and it was a great freakin' pick. I like Jarvis over Mingo. But I'm sure there' are plenty of you who like Mingo over Jarvis, that's completely fine with me. Mingo, imo, is going to be a great player, I think both Jarvis and Barkevious are looking at high quality careers. I just hate that Mingo is in our division lol.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!

Last edited by wwhickok on Fri May 10, 2013 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
[
If they think this QB is the best for the browns then trade for them but dont ruin this draft for next year.

Sure, my point wasn't really as it relates to this trade (which I maintain was never happening anyway so this is all speculation) but as it relates to trading up for the guy you want.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: