Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Karlos Dansby

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captainhags

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Karlos Dansby Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap2000000168121/Karlos-Dansby-visits-with-Arizona-Cardinals

So according to Mr Dansby, the Jets are among the handful of teams who have expressed interest in him. He's a little older (32) and wants a multi-year deal with guaranteed money, but he's still an excellent ILB.

What do you think? No need with Harris and Davis manning the inside? Can we put any faith in Davis yet?
green24

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we can put faith in Davis. He should be our starter.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wouldn't be anything more than a depth signing at this point.

Props to JMG on the sig
captainhags

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that I think Davis isn't good, he just hasn't shown much yet (at least that I noticed).

Also, let's say for the sake of discussion that Rex runs a ton of 4-3 sets this season. Who would our 3 LBs be? Harris and Davis have two spots locked down, but who is the third? Perusing the depth chart, we don't have a ton of traditional LBers aside from those two... the rest seem to be OLB/DE hybrid types.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh i see no real reason to sign him. The money would be better served on Offense at this point.

As far as 4-3 sets, I think Barnes would slide in there ok and we can just rush him most of the time.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the right price, sure. But we won't be able to meet his contract demands, he wants more than the vet minimum, he wants starter money. We probably called just to see if any interest, and he is using us as leverage for those other teams. I think he will end up with the Cards at this point, though the Bills could still be in play too.

We have Harris and Davis as the starters, and we have traditional ILBs like Mauga and Bellore as the backups. If we did sign Dansby, it would make me think they would try to trade Harris, which is very unlikely.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea at this point I'd say pass. We are a young team that needs to get our younger players into games. We shouldn't sign him and take reps away from a future player.
teamorange

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

better than both of our ILB at the moment but he is gonna ask for too much.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

JMG

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
I tend to agree. I actually do think he's better than Harris.

[]_[] Family
green24

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:

No, not at all. Despite his contract, he has never been a better player than Harris. For the past few years, Dansby was pretty easily the 3rd best ILB in the division after Harris and Mayo.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Heymangold

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why wouldn't we sign him if he comes at an affordable price? we're putting our faith in the slow david harris and a guy in demario davis that has never been the guy before.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heymangold wrote:
why wouldn't we sign him if he comes at an affordable price? we're putting our faith in the slow david harris and a guy in demario davis that has never been the guy before.

The "slow" David Harris is faster than Karlos Dansby. Dansby in his prime was around the same speed that Harris is now. He's 32 now and has clearly slowed down. Well, why don't we give Davis that shot to be the guy? We're a rebuilding team, it makes zero sense to play a washed up veteran over a young talent. Let's not make the same mistake we did last season by playing Bart Scott over Davis.

aceinthehouse wrote:
Call it a hunch. Idea
JMG

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:

No, not at all. Despite his contract, he has never been a better player than Harris. For the past few years, Dansby was pretty easily the 3rd best ILB in the division after Harris and Mayo.
Noooo way. Easily is not a very good word to use. I'd say debatable. I may even prefer Dansby over Harris. It all depends on how much he would cost.

[]_[] Family
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always liked Dansby, but I want Davis to start and develop. Has great coverage skills, just need to work on playing the run. I wouldnt be mad if we signed Carlos. He's a good player who would improve our run defense. I just want to continue getting younger and faster on defense.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dansby is one of my favorite players and has been since his days at Auburn. I'd say that he's a much more versatile LB than Harris in that he can play inside or outside in both the 3-4 and 4-3. Better? That's hard to quantify since they aren't really the same type of player.

Having said that, he's on the downside of his career, wants more money than the Jets should invest in a player his age and would only take playing time away from Davis and other young players who need to develop.

They should have drafted him; they should have signed him when he left Arizona. But that ship has sailed.

- Cliff Burton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: