Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pats sign former Titans WR Lavelle Hawkins to a 2-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
It has been a long week.

"You can't ever truly judge a wide receiver until he's either succeeded/failed in the right situation......this is the right situation for Hawkins and we'll see what he is."

Laughing

What makes WR different from any other position?

Hawkins has had a half-decade to prove that he is an ineffective receiver. He has been given a multitude of opportunities. I'm honestly flabbergasted that we're having this conversation. I'm not sure how out of ~3,000 players, this is the guy people are randomly giving the BotD.

Because a wide receivers production is directly reliant upon a quarterbacks ability to get him the ball. It's the most frustrating position to play on a football field.

Defensive players create their production by attacking the ball. Quarterbacks have it directly snapped to them, running backs have it handed to them, offensive linemen have their assignment coming at them on every play. As a receiver, if your quarterback is unable to get the ball to you with some frequency, you're basically just running 20-25 sprints and calling it a day.

So it's just a coincidence he couldn't produce with multiple QBs? Even though other receivers produced on the same teams?

Yeah....many receivers have produced in New England and gone onto other teams and done nothing. Not saying Hawkins WILL, but until it's proven he can't/won't.....we'll just have to see

Why Hawkins? Why is he the one people are randomly latching onto? There are other guys there who are either younger or have done more elsewhere without a Tom Brady.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
It has been a long week.

"You can't ever truly judge a wide receiver until he's either succeeded/failed in the right situation......this is the right situation for Hawkins and we'll see what he is."

Laughing

What makes WR different from any other position?

Hawkins has had a half-decade to prove that he is an ineffective receiver. He has been given a multitude of opportunities. I'm honestly flabbergasted that we're having this conversation. I'm not sure how out of ~3,000 players, this is the guy people are randomly giving the BotD.

Because a wide receivers production is directly reliant upon a quarterbacks ability to get him the ball. It's the most frustrating position to play on a football field.

Defensive players create their production by attacking the ball. Quarterbacks have it directly snapped to them, running backs have it handed to them, offensive linemen have their assignment coming at them on every play. As a receiver, if your quarterback is unable to get the ball to you with some frequency, you're basically just running 20-25 sprints and calling it a day.

So it's just a coincidence he couldn't produce with multiple QBs? Even though other receivers produced on the same teams?

Yeah....many receivers have produced in New England and gone onto other teams and done nothing. Not saying Hawkins WILL, but until it's proven he can't/won't.....we'll just have to see

Why Hawkins? Why is he the one people are randomly latching onto? There are other guys there who are either younger or have done more elsewhere without a Tom Brady.

Because this is a thread created to announce the signing of him.......who else would we discuss in here ??

Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you understand.

There seems to be this notion that he's guaranteed a roster spot and going to all of a sudden become a great player. He has had half a decade to prove he's terrible. Why latch onto him? Amendola, Dobson, Boyce are all guaranteed roster spots. I'd be surprised if Edelman didn't stick. Jenkins has proven throughout his career to be at least a dependable depth guy. Having him on the roster as the #4/#5 option is ideal as he can work the inside and get catches when people are focusing on other players. He has proven that. Jones has even done more than Hawkins - a lot more. Hawkins has literally done almost nothing in his five year career. Why should I buy that he's going to figure everything out and beat out guys who are better than him?

Fact of the matter is, barring injury, I don't see any reason to believe that he won't be let go before the first regular season game. His best bet to make the roster is if New England decides to keep 6 WRs (not even counting Slater who is one of the better ST players in the NFL) and he can beat out Jones. I don't think he will though as there is zero reason to believe that he will.

therealdeal

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what some of you don't understand is, when Hawkin was in the game and he made plays there were a lot of us actually rooting for him to play a lot more.

Keep in mind, Tennessee has been horrible in the past developing wideouts.

Hawkins is one of those receivers that some of us believe has more potential than what was shown in Tennessee.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
I think what some of you don't understand is, when Hawkin was in the game and he made plays there were a lot of us actually rooting for him to play a lot more.

Hawkins is one of those receivers that some of us believe has more potential than what was shown in Tennessee.

I understand your viewpoint. I just think it's a stretch.

therealdeal

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

At the end of the day it's an opinion. I just cant say if one guy wasn't productive with one team (whose mindset & playcalling is different) then he won't do anything with another.

For all we know this may even opens up another part of his game.

Who knows..

I just can't sit back and say the guy sucks when that's not true. In my opinion..
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

At the end of the day it's an opinion. I just cant say if one guy wasn't productive with one team (whose mindset & playcalling is different) then he won't do anything with another.

Who knows..

I just can't sit back and say the guy sucks when that's not true. In my opinion..

I can sit back and say he sucks cuz he does. Until he proves otherwise, he sucks.

titans0021

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a capable No. 4 receiver. Good enough to be on a roster, but he'll never make a real impact.

Adopted Titans - Sammie Lee Hill and Jackie Battle
therealdeal

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Who knows..

I can sit back and say he sucks cuz he does. Until he proves otherwise, he sucks.

Good for you.. have fun doing that lol
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Who knows..

Did I strike a nerve?

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Who knows..

Did I strike a nerve?

Hence the lol, I'd say no or he could care less.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

Thank you for this A_F.

Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

Thank you for this A_F.

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do

therealdeal

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

Thank you for this A_F.

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do

How about.. I have not one ounce of care in this world? Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: