Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colts trade OL A.Q. Shipley to the Ravens [Also JLaw Thread]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Brady Tribute
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just hilarious, did you ever hear a celebrity talk like this during an interview?

[Watch the whole thing, especially final minute]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5gcBn_Lbo8

JLaw: "Probably explains why I move my body like a colt"

Bradley: "No, it's sexy"

Rest of the interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqS4_dkDN1A
Tom Brady Tribute
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15a3BevZGUQ - Upper left corner Laughing
Tom Brady Tribute
DreamKid

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifer is a good up and coming actress, young hollywood is in good hands as far as it's actresses go. There are very few true "roles" in film for woman, as most films with a female lead are ticky tacky and outlandish. Due to these horrible films existence, you see less and less actresses with true talent gaining notoriety. Usually you would look to foreigns and independants to see an actress get a true part. Studios generally stray away from independents because they don't care about the art or giving widespread release to a true film. They crave money, and while there is nothing wrong with that, that mindset has delivered a major blow to the industries confidence. Everyone is scared, so they put out the same dribble over and over again. That's why a new superhero movie comes out every month, they're viewed as can't miss commodities that deliver money hand over fist.

Now though, with actresses like Jennifer Lawrence and actors like Ryan Gosling, studios who want to attach big names to their movies will have to start accepting risky films again. Personally I don't think Gosling is that good of an actor, but he can draw and has mass appeal. Making the studios desire him greatly, yet he chooses to turn his back on empty roles and films and craves meat. Hopefully we see this trend continue, so more great films get the release they deserve.

I have never and will never watch the Hunger Games, as it is a blatantly plagiarized film based on a plagiarized novel. It truly disgusts me that people worship that trash, Takami's legendary novel "Battle Royale" was so brazenly stolen that it just highlights western ignorance to the origin of some of our greatest films, be it admitted or not. The Departed for example, an adaptation of a chinese trilogy by the name Infernal Affairs. Spike Lee will be releasing his "re-imagining" of Oldboy soon, will anyone know that is truly just a re-imagining. Or will they think a horrid director, just put out a new film. To get back on point though I won't watch HG, but I have seen everything else she has done and she has a bright future. Winter's Bone was a much better film and performance given by Jennifer, than that of Silver Lingings Playbook. But with a very very weak crop of nominees this year she took home the Oscar easily, kind of a sad commentary though when you can win for a Rom-Com. Winning the award isn't meaningful because of how awful the Academy has been with their chosen recipients of the past, but the recogonition she gets is and I'm happy for her. Talent wise I feel Elizabeth Olsen is ahead of her, but I look forward to seeing them battle down the road.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamKid wrote:
Jennifer is a good up and coming actress, young hollywood is in good hands as far as it's actresses go. There are very few true "roles" in film for woman, as most films with a female lead are ticky tacky and outlandish. Due to these horrible films existence, you see less and less actresses with true talent gaining notoriety. Usually you would look to foreigns and independants to see an actress get a true part. Studios generally stray away from independents because they don't care about the art or giving widespread release to a true film. They crave money, and while there is nothing wrong with that, that mindset has delivered a major blow to the industries confidence. Everyone is scared, so they put out the same dribble over and over again. That's why a new superhero movie comes out every month, they're viewed as can't miss commodities that deliver money hand over fist.

Now though, with actresses like Jennifer Lawrence and actors like Ryan Gosling, studios who want to attach big names to their movies will have to start accepting risky films again. Personally I don't think Gosling is that good of an actor, but he can draw and has mass appeal. Making the studios desire him greatly, yet he chooses to turn his back on empty roles and films and craves meat. Hopefully we see this trend continue, so more great films get the release they deserve.

I have never and will never watch the Hunger Games, as it is a blatantly plagiarized film based on a plagiarized novel. It truly disgusts me that people worship that trash, Takami's legendary novel "Battle Royale" was so brazenly stolen that it just highlights western ignorance to the origin of some of our greatest films, be it admitted or not. The Departed for example, an adaptation of a chinese trilogy by the name Infernal Affairs. Spike Lee will be releasing his "re-imagining" of Oldboy soon, will anyone know that is truly just a re-imagining. Or will they think a horrid director, just put out a new film. To get back on point though I won't watch HG, but I have seen everything else she has done and she has a bright future. Winter's Bone was a much better film and performance given by Jennifer, than that of Silver Lingings Playbook. But with a very very weak crop of nominees this year she took home the Oscar easily, kind of a sad commentary though when you can win for a Rom-Com. Winning the award isn't meaningful because of how awful the Academy has been with their chosen recipients of the past, but the recogonition she gets is and I'm happy for her. Talent wise I feel Elizabeth Olsen is ahead of her, but I look forward to seeing them battle down the road.

Really?

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
DreamKid wrote:

Really?

It's widely accepted that both her and Lawrence are the future, I just feel Olsen is better. I can appreciate her style of acting more at this point, though I do feel Jennifer is making better career choices. I promise if you check out some of her films you won't be disapointed.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a third Olsen??????

NextBigThing wrote:
I am a Patriots fan, I know all about excellence.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamKid wrote:

While I agree with some of your points, I think it's also ignorant to deny the greatness of a work simply because it's a re-take or a re-do of something else. So many ideas have already been hashed and rehashed that true creativity is going to be about as common as a blade of grass at the beach.

Batman is simply a rehashed idea, yet you can't tell me that the Directorial spin that Christopher Nolan lent to the Batman universe wasn't an amazing success... or that his retelling differed much from both the animated cartoons or the movies from the 90s... and that they differed themselves from the TV show from the 60s with Adam West. All borrowed from an idea, yet all were classics in their own right.

Many songs are sampled from older songs... leading to new classics. I'd list particular examples but the genres are so wide reaching that I'm sure you could easily think of many examples yourself.

So moving back to The Hunger Games... it may be that Suzanne Collins copied her idea from Battle Royale (not that it's outside the realm of possibility that two uniquely different minds can share an idea- one coming before the other, but not having influenced the later ideas creation). But what's more important is if she did enough in her work to improve upon the original idea... or to change the idea enough to make it her own, using the previous idea as inspiration.

There has never been an artist so grand to not think to copy from works he truly admires. John Harbaugh likes to use the phrase "iron sharpens iron"... but in the world of creativity, it isn't iron that sharpens iron... it is creativity that inspires (sharpens) creativity.

So throwing out the rehashings as plagiarized garbage isn't fair. Appreciate them for what they are... and if one is knowledgeable enough to know about the other versions of that idea/story... compare and contrast and appreciate the fact that due to the retelling many more people, whether ignorant to the original telling or not, will have been allowed the opportunity to experience such a fantastic idea to begin with. Retelling a story allows it to evolve into the cultures and time periods it finds itself within... and therefore become an immortal part of the human experience. Locking away an idea as the only 'correct' version will freeze its relevance to the time of its telling (unless it is an idea that truly transcends time) and eventually the tale will be lost.

Rights and laws are important, but if you're in the creative business, you understand that "plagiarism" is a part of the business.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiritoftruth wrote:
Theres a third Olsen??????

Yup, Lizzie Olsen. She shares comparable beauty to her sisters... just without the eating disorder look to her. She's a little more full-figured... well, about as full figured as they get in Hollywood.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamKid wrote:

It's widely accepted that both her and Lawrence are the future, I just feel Olsen is better. I can appreciate her style of acting more at this point, though I do feel Jennifer is making better career choices. I promise if you check out some of her films you won't be disapointed.

I don't know about that.

I can definitely see Lawrence as being in that class as she has a few heavy hitters to her resume. People know who Jennifer Lawrence is, she has the necessary amount of sex appeal needed to be a strong leading lady, and the kind of charisma that could rival Betty White.

But unless one is attached to the hip of Hollywood (a movie lover) than the vast majority of people probably don't even know a third Olsen exists, let alone is supposed to surpass the star placed by her sisters.

If there are young actresses that will rival Lawrence at this point its probably going to come from someone like Ellen Page, who might not be a household name, but is surely a household face... people recognize her and that gives her versatility. She has great range, a unique personality that gives her extra appeal, and she has plenty of heavy hitters to her resume (Inception, X-Men, Juno).

And if there is going to be a young actress related to a famous actress that competes with J-Law, I'd actually place Emma Roberts above Lizzie Olsen. I mean, while she's not as talented and while she doesn't have a heavy hitter to her resume... she's better looking (which we know counts a lot in Hollywood), she doesn't have to compete with siblings to gain notoriety, all while being able to benefit from the Roberts name that her aunt made famous. It should be easier for her to become relevant than it is for Lizzie. Both are at the point, however, where they really need to add a heavy hitter to their resume to gain notoriety from the masses.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:

While I agree with some of your points, I think it's also ignorant to deny the greatness of a work simply because it's a re-take or a re-do of something else. So many ideas have already been hashed and rehashed that true creativity is going to be about as common as a blade of grass at the beach.

Batman is simply a rehashed idea, yet you can't tell me that the Directorial spin that Christopher Nolan lent to the Batman universe wasn't an amazing success... or that his retelling differed much from both the animated cartoons or the movies from the 90s... and that they differed themselves from the TV show from the 60s with Adam West. All borrowed from an idea, yet all were classics in their own right.

Many songs are sampled from older songs... leading to new classics. I'd list particular examples but the genres are so wide reaching that I'm sure you could easily think of many examples yourself.

So moving back to The Hunger Games... it may be that Suzanne Collins copied her idea from Battle Royale (not that it's outside the realm of possibility that two uniquely different minds can share an idea- one coming before the other, but not having influenced the later ideas creation). But what's more important is if she did enough in her work to improve upon the original idea... or to change the idea enough to make it her own, using the previous idea as inspiration.

There has never been an artist so grand to not think to copy from works he truly admires. John Harbaugh likes to use the phrase "iron sharpens iron"... but in the world of creativity, it isn't iron that sharpens iron... it is creativity that inspires (sharpens) creativity.

So throwing out the rehashings as plagiarized garbage isn't fair. Appreciate them for what they are... and if one is knowledgeable enough to know about the other versions of that idea/story... compare and contrast and appreciate the fact that due to the retelling many more people, whether ignorant to the original telling or not, will have been allowed the opportunity to experience such a fantastic idea to begin with. Retelling a story allows it to evolve into the cultures and time periods it finds itself within... and therefore become an immortal part of the human experience. Locking away an idea as the only 'correct' version will freeze its relevance to the time of its telling (unless it is an idea that truly transcends time) and eventually the tale will be lost.

Rights and laws are important, but if you're in the creative business, you understand that "plagiarism" is a part of the business.

I didn't comment on the value or artistic success of remakes, rather the the ignorance to their origins. The Departed is an amazing film as are many adaptations, I'm not knocking that aspect of cinema in anyway.

Christopher Nolan's works were started before what I am refering to, I'm talking more along the lines of the new Spiderman, Iron Man, and others of that nature. Tbh I'm not a fan of the new Batmans either, Heath was great in that role but I didn't think it was a very good movie. Bale with that voice is so corny that it takes away from the plot, and the plot is stretched as is.

You're giving Collins way too much credit, trust me. If she said "This is my vision for the story", then that would be one thing. It's not a case of that though, if you have not read BR I suggest it.

Don't misconstrue my views on plagiarized works, as the same for remakes. What I am unhappy with in regards to "Oldboy" and "Hunger Games" are two very different things. I love great stories being retold, you're right it keeps them alive.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
DreamKid wrote:

I don't know about that.

I can definitely see Lawrence as being in that class as she has a few heavy hitters to her resume. People know who Jennifer Lawrence is, she has the necessary amount of sex appeal needed to be a strong leading lady, and the kind of charisma that could rival Betty White.

But unless one is attached to the hip of Hollywood (a movie lover) than the vast majority of people probably don't even know a third Olsen exists, let alone is supposed to surpass the star placed by her sisters.

If there are young actresses that will rival Lawrence at this point its probably going to come from someone like Ellen Page, who might not be a household name, but is surely a household face... people recognize her and that gives her versatility. She has great range, a unique personality that gives her extra appeal, and she has plenty of heavy hitters to her resume (Inception, X-Men, Juno).

And if there is going to be a young actress related to a famous actress that competes with J-Law, I'd actually place Emma Roberts above Lizzie Olsen. I mean, while she's not as talented and while she doesn't have a heavy hitter to her resume... she's better looking (which we know counts a lot in Hollywood), she doesn't have to compete with siblings to gain notoriety, all while being able to benefit from the Roberts name that her aunt made famous. It should be easier for her to become relevant than it is for Lizzie. Both are at the point, however, where they really need to add a heavy hitter to their resume to gain notoriety from the masses.

Are you refering more to success as in blockbusters or success related to quality films. I am talking about the latter, regardless though I think they will both be household names. Olsen is going to be in the new Godzilla, and previously mentioned Oldboy(Unfortunately). You should see a rise in her star very soon, I will agree Jlaw has more sex appeal which is important. Remember her sisters are more famous in the fashion industry than in film, they cast no shadow in terms of acting. I don't think she needs to surpass their Star as it doesn't exist.

I don't see Page or Roberts being able to carry a film, Juno imo was an anomaly. Also lets be honest are any of these girls really that attractive? None of them are head turners, I think ability will seperate them above all else. Jennifer at least has some sex appeal, but Olsen and Roberts are kind of bleh. They just look like regular chicks, which is fine. You will never find an actress that shines in the skills and looks department, there is always a trade off. Except for Maggie Gyllenhaal of course, she's the whole package lol.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamKid wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
DreamKid wrote:

I don't know about that.

Are you refering more to success as in blockbusters or success related to quality films. I am talking about the latter, regardless though I think they will both be household names. Olsen is going to be in the new Godzilla, and previously mentioned Oldboy(Unfortunately). You should see a rise in her star very soon, I will agree Jlaw has more sex appeal which is important. Remember her sisters are more famous in the fashion industry than in film, they cast no shadow in terms of acting. I don't think she needs to surpass their Star as it doesn't exist.

I don't see Page or Roberts being able to carry a film, Juno imo was an anomaly. Also lets be honest are any of these girls really that attractive? None of them are head turners, I think ability will seperate them above all else. Jennifer at least has some sex appeal, but Olsen and Roberts are kind of bleh. They just look like regular chicks, which is fine. You will never find an actress that shines in the skills and looks department, there is always a trade off. Except for Maggie Gyllenhaal of course, she's the whole package lol.

Not a fan... and Emma Roberts is definitely someone that I see as beyond bleh... I think she has legitimate appeal.

I wouldn't say that Ellen Page has sex appeal, but she has a dark and cute appeal... which is close enough. I think she can be a sort of female Johnny Depp. She blends so smoothly into her roles. She may not CARRY a movie by herself, but neither do I see Olsen rising to that level either... and very few actresses really "carry" films. I could probably say Angelina Jolie and Hallie Berry are the only two 00s actresses that could do it. Usually it's the male lead that carries the film as you've got Will Smith, Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp, Christian Bale, etc.

And I'm referring to stars with strong acting ability, the whole package. Not just either/or.

J-Law is on her way to that status. And Ellen Page is someone with strong acting ability that has been a very strong supporting actress as well as having been a strong lead in a very popular movie. Ellen Page has made a name for herself with doing popular movies that also happen to get great reviews- ie, the whole package. So I definitely put her ahead of someone, Olsen, who is largely unproven to this point when it comes to big time movies.

And MK & Ashley Olsen are known for fashion but started out as actresses and MK has recently been trying to make a return to the big screen. They may not be taken seriously, but she's going to be competing with their "star". They were/are cultural phenomenons. And they're both young enough to still hold relevance. So indeed they have star power. It's like going to school and having had a popular sibling, you're always going to be in their star light, known as 'the other sibling'... unless you just go out and completely eclipse them... which will be incredibly difficult to do.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:

Not a fan... and Emma Roberts is definitely someone that I see as beyond bleh... I think she has legitimate appeal.

I wouldn't say that Ellen Page has sex appeal, but she has a dark and cute appeal... which is close enough. I think she can be a sort of female Johnny Depp. She blends so smoothly into her roles. She may not CARRY a movie by herself, but neither do I see Olsen rising to that level either... and very few actresses really "carry" films. I could probably say Angelina Jolie and Hallie Berry are the only two 00s actresses that could do it. Usually it's the male lead that carries the film as you've got Will Smith, Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp, Christian Bale, etc.

And I'm referring to stars with strong acting ability, the whole package. Not just either/or.

J-Law is on her way to that status. And Ellen Page is someone with strong acting ability that has been a very strong supporting actress as well as having been a strong lead in a very popular movie. Ellen Page has made a name for herself with doing popular movies that also happen to get great reviews- ie, the whole package. So I definitely put her ahead of someone, Olsen, who is largely unproven to this point when it comes to big time movies.

And MK & Ashley Olsen are known for fashion but started out as actresses and MK has recently been trying to make a return to the big screen. They may not be taken seriously, but she's going to be competing with their "star". They were/are cultural phenomenons. And they're both young enough to still hold relevance. So indeed they have star power. It's like going to school and having had a popular sibling, you're always going to be in their star light, known as 'the other sibling'... unless you just go out and completely eclipse them... which will be incredibly difficult to do.

If you could cite something where you feel Emma Roberts showed potential I would be curious to see it. I haven't seen all of her movies, and if there is one in particular where she shines I would like to check it out.

Both Page and Olsen have already carried movies, at least to the level a woman's role usualy pertains. So they both have the ability, but I see Olsen rising and Page growing stagnant. Woman who fall into that cute role you described aren't big either, it's a small niche for them in Hollywood. Berry has never carried a film in her life, she is awful. Same with Will Smith unless you're talking about earnings wise and not acting wise, which you mentioned you weren't. There is Ed Norton in American History X, and there is Will Smith in I Am Legend. Both carried their respective films but differently, Ed put on an amazing performance and Will brought in money.

I will agree Jlaw is on her way or basically at that status, but I can't see you putting Page above Olsen. And when refering to Olsen being unproven in big time movies, the only big time movie Jennifer Lawrence starred in was the HG. Well Kristin Stewart was succesful with Twilight, so that can't be factored in yet.

My point is she has already eclipsed them, the worlds of fashion and cinema are farther apart than it seems. The twins star light doesn't reach Elizabeth's world in film, true they used to be universal stars but not anymore. They are near recluses whose last name will only propel Liz farther.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamKid wrote:

If you could cite something where you feel Emma Roberts showed potential I would be curious to see it. I haven't seen all of her movies, and if there is one in particular where she shines I would like to check it out.

Both Page and Olsen have already carried movies, at least to the level a woman's role usualy pertains. So they both have the ability, but I see Olsen rising and Page growing stagnant. Woman who fall into that cute role you described aren't big either, it's a small niche for them in Hollywood. Berry has never carried a film in her life, she is awful. Same with Will Smith unless you're talking about earnings wise and not acting wise, which you mentioned you weren't. There is Ed Norton in American History X, and there is Will Smith in I Am Legend. Both carried their respective films but differently, Ed put on an amazing performance and Will brought in money.

I will agree Jlaw is on her way or basically at that status, but I can't see you putting Page above Olsen. And when refering to Olsen being unproven in big time movies, the only big time movie Jennifer Lawrence starred in was the HG. Well Kristin Stewart was succesful with Twilight, so that can't be factored in yet.

My point is she has already eclipsed them, the worlds of fashion and cinema are farther apart than it seems. The twins star light doesn't reach Elizabeth's world in film, true they used to be universal stars but not anymore. They are near recluses whose last name will only propel Liz farther.

1. Are you referring to simply Roberts acting ability? I've already said she's not as talented as Olsen, but I was referring to her being better looking and beyond 'meh'... she's actually quite beautiful. In terms of acting chops, I can't say I've seen a lot of her movies either. I've only seen two: Nancy Drew (Yeah... I know it's not big time or well rated, just was one I caught) and the other movie was "It's kind of a funny story". I thought in the latter film she really showed some potential.

Before that I thought she was moreso limited to the 'cute girl next door' type. But she flirted with being a little dark in that role and I thought it suited her, she had the range... and it was believable.

2. You must be just referring to simply acting ability- because there isn't one movie on Olsen's resume that is truly notable to the masses. She has very little relevance to this point. Page has plenty of awesome performances to her credit and has continued to land roles in big time productions. It's really not a competition to this point.

And sure, I know you have mentioned your judgments are based mostly on acting quality, but the fact remains that Hollywoods is about money. Olsen hasn't proven that she can be attached to a big time movie and have it succeed. Page has done this and has done it in multiple genres, while presenting awesome performances. So why should her "star" stagnate? She has strong relationships with notable directors Bryan Singer and Christopher Nolan (who has shown a tendency to reuse actors and actresses he's worked with) which should only help her land roles in the future. And even on acting quality alone, Page has Olsen beat. I mean, Page has:
An American Crime performance (wow...)
Inception performance (classic movie)
Juno performance (period piece/classic)
Hard Candy (haven't seen this one, but heard really good things)

Page has the ability to seamlessly blend into big time hollywood productions (Inception, X-Men) while also carrying Indie films with her acting presence (HC, AAC, and Juno). She's done action, comedy, romance, drama. She's played as a hero, villain, and victim.

Honestly, I don't see Olsen as having proven herself to be in a class with Page or Lawrence. Especially not so much so that she's 'well regarded as being the future'.

I listed Emma Roberts only as an example of a celebrity family member who is in a similar boat as Olsen (unproven).

But in terms of strictly young talented actresses, in no particular order, I'd have any of these ladies/girls above Olsen:
a. Jennifer Lawrence
b. Ellen Page
c. Dakota Fanning
d. Abigail Breslin

3. Page isn't simply cute though. She's 'cute and dark'. Emma Stone is someone that's 'cute' and is more likely to be a 'flavor of the month' type of actress. But Page is so versatile and mature in her roles. She's very much beyond cute... or she wouldn't have lasted as long as she has. She's been putting in strong performances and having success in films since what, 2005? If I were to compare her to a male counterpart, I'd probably compare her to Jesse Eisenberg vs Michael Cera. Both males are considered in that 'cute' category, yet the former has enough 'edginess' to him that it allows him to fit into more genres. Only Page is a better talent than both.

4. This is biased an completely untrue. Her performance in Monster's Ball was extremely good... and she won an Academy Award for Best Actress along with a boat load of other awards. She also won a Golden Globe and Emmy for her performance in 'Introducing Dorothy Dandridge'. Then you consider her acting performance in Losing Isaiah. Halle Berry DEFINITELY can act and DEFINITELY has carried movies. Her only problem is that she has very little range as an actress. She does well in the graphic/dramatic films- things with abuse or struggle, but she fails quite horribly when thrust into other genres (horror, action, etc.) But to say she is awful is truly laughable.

5. Again, this is extremely biased and untrue. Will Smith is a terrific actor with a tremendous amount of range. I don't even understand how you can say 'I am Legend' wasn't a tremendous performance. Basically every critical review of the movie I've seen listed the movie to be flawed from a CGI perspective and had some notable plot holes... but found Will Smith's performance to be very good. The movie was a box office as well as critical success, to even try and state otherwise is ridiculous. Look at all the top sources: IMDB, metascore, Moviefone, rotten tomatoes, etc.

And you also stated that I'm only talking from an earning's perspective. I've stated over and again that I'm not. I'm talking about success being based on both movie earnings/relevance AND talent. Will Smith is an example of that.. along with the other names that I've listed. That's what I believe it truly means to be 'the future' of Hollywood. You have to be able to do both. Because if you can't than you're not going to have the staying power to maintain relevance. And how can one be 'the future of cinema' if they don't have the staying power to provide a lasting impact. You can't simply be just a strong actor/actress to be worthy of such a label that you threw out, you have to have the total package of both talent and box office relevance.

6. First off, Hunger Games can be counted. Because THG is the movie that will make her face iconic to the masses. They will be more likely to see other big time movies with her face attached to it now that they know who she is and know that she is relevant and talented. Twilight does count for Kristen Stewart. Movies like Adventureland and The Runaways likely saw a box office benefit due to her relevance... that said, Stewart also isn't nearly as talented as Lawrence and therefore fans aren't going to be as likely to follow her into other roles.

Secondly, how is THG J-Law's only big time movie? Are you forgetting that Silver Lining's Playbook was a box office winner, the production budget was only $21m, yet the movie ended up grossing 11x that amount with roughly $236m made.

She also was a part of X-Men: First Class- which brought in just under $354m.

Throw in the sequels to both THG and X-Men that will both likely produce trilogies... and with her star growing, you can probably expect her role in the X-Men movies to only grow... so yes, she has plenty of box office success to her credit in addition to her talents displayed in her Indy films. She's in a completely different class when compared to Olsen.

7. This is unbelievable false. How has Lizzie Olsen eclipsed her sisters when the vast majority of the public doesn't even know she exists yet? Just because she has acting presence does not mean she has cultural relevance. And furthermore, you keep mentioning MK and Ashley as being just known for fashion. Ask anyone and I'd bet the first thing they will list to you about them are Full House or one of those twin movies. They are cultural icons BECAUSE of Full House. Their fashion brand is only leveraging from that cultural relevance, it is not their relevance in and of itself. Lizzie Olsen has yet to even establish cultural relevance let alone surpassed her sisters who ARE global icons. Who cares if they are recluses or not, they still hold cultural relevance... just as Lindsay Lohan and Brittney Spears will always hold a cultural relevance as well. Those girls makeup the faces of a generation of Millennials. Lizzie isn't simply competing with a talented sibling, she's competing with two cultural icons.

Forever the public has known the Olsens as only Mary Kate and Ashley... adding a Lizzie to the equation is almost like changing the formula completely. We're not just talking about Lizzie Olsen establishing her own brand as a talent, we're talking about re-branding the Olsen clan... and 'rebranding is incredibly difficult to do'. It would probably be better for Lizzie early on to avoid as many connections with her sisters as possible or else it will confuse audiences and limit her growth potential as a star.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: