Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top Free agents available for the Redskins
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62161
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Top Free agents available for the Redskins Reply with quote

http://www.footballnation.com/content/the-top-25-best-available-nfl-free-agents/22682/?ref=email

Guys I'd be interested in for us for the right price if we can rework Rak and Trent Williams' deals to create cap space:

1. Karlos Dansby, ILB
2. Eric Winston, RT
3. Josh Cribbs, KR/Wr
4. Kerry Rhodes, FS
5. Quinten Jammer, CB/FS
6. Richard Seymour, DE
7. Charles Woodson, FS
8. Bradie James, ILB
9. Chris Kluwe, P
10. Thomas Howard, LB
11. Corey Lynch, S
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 13; Final Cuts 36; Reg Season 44


Last edited by turtle28 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
daskins


Joined: 08 Jan 2012
Posts: 80
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I like the top 3 - Im not totally sold that the rest of the guys in that article would be an upgrade on what we currently have considering their age.

Couple they didnt consider, some that I have been thinking about:

Gerald Sensagaugh - I think he still has something left, and would be decent insurance if a rookie flops or gets injured. You could also make the case that he is currently better than Doughty and Pugh.

Aaron Curry - I know its stupid but i feel like there has to be some talent there, I think I am more neurotic after hearing him talking to the Giants and worrying that he could become the player he was supposed to be. But I am sure there is a reason that he is unemployed 4 years after being the #4. Side note, my brother who is a diehard seahawks fan (he met Steve Largeant in the 80's and it was over), still considers Curry a better pick than Sanchez at #5 because it would have put them in a perpetual cycle of suck Very Happy . Makes me thankful that Barkley stayed in school, and we didnt settle for a guy that would have been there for us.

Titus Young - Just kidding. What an idiot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62161
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daskins wrote:
I think I like the top 3 - Im not totally sold that the rest of the guys in that article would be an upgrade on what we currently have considering their age.

Couple they didnt consider, some that I have been thinking about:

Gerald Sensagaugh - I think he still has something left, and would be decent insurance if a rookie flops or gets injured. You could also make the case that he is currently better than Doughty and Pugh.

Aaron Curry - I know its stupid but i feel like there has to be some talent there, I think I am more neurotic after hearing him talking to the Giants and worrying that he could become the player he was supposed to be. But I am sure there is a reason that he is unemployed 4 years after being the #4. Side note, my brother who is a diehard seahawks fan (he met Steve Largeant in the 80's and it was over), still considers Curry a better pick than Sanchez at #5 because it would have put them in a perpetual cycle of suck Very Happy . Makes me thankful that Barkley stayed in school, and we didnt settle for a guy that would have been there for us.

Titus Young - Just kidding. What an idiot.
hahaha! Good one. As for Sensenbaugh, I've seen our qbs burn him enough to stay away and that includes Jason Campbell, Donovan McNabb and Rex Grossman, not just rg3.

Aaron Curry. I'd love to be optimistic but I think his ship was sailed. All potential, no production just like Vernon Golston
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 13; Final Cuts 36; Reg Season 44
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
daskins


Joined: 08 Jan 2012
Posts: 80
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:


Titus Young - Just kidding. What an idiot.hahaha! Good one. As for Sensenbaugh, I've seen our qbs burn him enough to stay away and that includes Jason Campbell, Donovan McNabb and Rex Grossman, not just rg3.

Aaron Curry. I'd love to be optimistic but I think his ship was sailed. All potential, no production just like Vernon Golston


Haha, Young is just such a ridiculous story.

I agree with you, I just have such little faith in our veteran safeties (except Meriweather, if hes healthy, hes great). What you said about Sensabaugh, the plays I remember Doughty missing bothers me more, ands in my eyes it boils down to potential. Not sure he could be coached up any more, Sensabaugh I think could be
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daskins


Joined: 08 Jan 2012
Posts: 80
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And as you can see, despite multiple edits, I still have no idea how to quote.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62161
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daskins wrote:
turtle28 wrote:


Titus Young - Just kidding. What an idiot.hahaha! Good one. As for Sensenbaugh, I've seen our qbs burn him enough to stay away and that includes Jason Campbell, Donovan McNabb and Rex Grossman, not just rg3.

Aaron Curry. I'd love to be optimistic but I think his ship was sailed. All potential, no production just like Vernon Golston


Haha, Young is just such a ridiculous story.

I agree with you, I just have such little faith in our veteran safeties (except Meriweather, if hes healthy, hes great). What you said about Sensabaugh, the plays I remember Doughty missing bothers me more, ands in my eyes it boils down to potential. Not sure he could be coached up any more, Sensabaugh I think could be
Hes going to be 30 in june. He is what he is now and he misses the same type of things doughty does. He's not good in coverage

If Sensenbaugh was any good, Dallas would re-sign him but they must see him like we see Madieu Wlliams, which is actually who i'd compare him to. In his prime 2 or 3 years ago he had a few good moments but that's past now.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 13; Final Cuts 36; Reg Season 44
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62161
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daskins wrote:
And as you can see, despite multiple edits, I still have no idea how to quote.
all you have to do is hit the quote button and the write pas the /quote part. Then you're post will below what you are quoting
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 13; Final Cuts 36; Reg Season 44
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
S. Taylor


Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 11247
Location: By the Lake
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they'll pursue any of those guys....

Maybe Cribbs.
Maybe Kluwe.

Kerry Rhodes has so much off-field baggage.
He may be done in the NFL.
At this point, the Skins should have their safety situation settled, so that's a moot point.
_________________
"I ain't stopping 'til I figure it out
I went home that night, like 'I'ma figure it out!'
5 Years later. Look at me! I FIGURED IT OUT!!!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SeanTayorsaPIMP


Joined: 14 Oct 2006
Posts: 3568
Location: Boston, Ma
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Seymour. As we learned last season, Yoh can never have too many good d-linemen.
_________________



mike23md on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skinsfanLA


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 5273
Location: In Thaiphoon's Head
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
[quote="daskins"]And as you can see, despite multiple edits, I still have no idea how to quote.[/quote]

If you write outside of the bracket quote="name" and bracket /quote you will be fine.
_________________
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
If you're paying for steak, and you get it well done, just order a burger.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daskins


Joined: 08 Jan 2012
Posts: 80
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Hes going to be 30 in june. He is what he is now and he misses the same type of things doughty does. He's not good in coverage

If Sensenbaugh was any good, Dallas would re-sign him but they must see him like we see Madieu Wlliams, which is actually who i'd compare him to. In his prime 2 or 3 years ago he had a few good moments but that's past now.


And he just retired, guess I was a bit off Smile

Yeah, there's really not too many players that could be Redskins for a long time left out there, regardless if we have some sudden money do to extensions. Cribbs is 30 this year as well
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62161
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
I don't think they'll pursue any of those guys....

Maybe Cribbs.
Maybe Kluwe.

Kerry Rhodes has so much off-field baggage.
He may be done in the NFL.
At this point, the Skins should have their safety situation settled, so that's a moot point.
yeah. I hope this is true. We will see how our rookie Safeties play through camp and the preseason. It seems they are starting off well, but its so early.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 13; Final Cuts 36; Reg Season 44
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62161
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles Woodson is willing to play for a contender, a non-contender, or pretty much anyone wp.me/p14QSB-8Nd2

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/09/charles-woodson-is-willing-to-join-a-rebuilding-effort/

Quote:
"When this process first started out, that was my thing, I needed to go to a contender,” Woodson said Thursday on NFL Network. “I know I am towards the end of my career. At this point, I want to play football. So if it is a rebuilding stage, at this point if that is the circumstances I have to play under, then that is what I am going to do.”
.

“It is kind of the process, but at the same time it is frustrating,” Woodson said. “You have guys that can flat out play football. You look at Dwight Freeney and what he is able to do. They had a system last year that is different than he is used to playing, but he can play football. John Abraham, he led his team in sacks and you say, ‘We don’t have a spot for you on our roster?’ I can’t understand that. Myself, I am just a ballplayer. I need to be on a team.”

_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 13; Final Cuts 36; Reg Season 44
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PSID412


Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Posts: 1382
Location: Bristol England
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me Kluwe, Seymour, Jammer and Woodson are the only one I be interested in bring for a camp shot. I also read that Sensagaugh is set to retire.
_________________

^ Awesome sig by Mike23md
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
S. Taylor


Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 11247
Location: By the Lake
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Charles Woodson is willing to play for a contender, a non-contender, or pretty much anyone wp.me/p14QSB-8Nd2

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/09/charles-woodson-is-willing-to-join-a-rebuilding-effort/

Quote:
"When this process first started out, that was my thing, I needed to go to a contender,” Woodson said Thursday on NFL Network. “I know I am towards the end of my career. At this point, I want to play football. So if it is a rebuilding stage, at this point if that is the circumstances I have to play under, then that is what I am going to do.”
.

“It is kind of the process, but at the same time it is frustrating,” Woodson said. “You have guys that can flat out play football. You look at Dwight Freeney and what he is able to do. They had a system last year that is different than he is used to playing, but he can play football. John Abraham, he led his team in sacks and you say, ‘We don’t have a spot for you on our roster?’ I can’t understand that. Myself, I am just a ballplayer. I need to be on a team.”


The veterans are realizing that teams aren't as generous with the payroll.
I doubt that the Skins look at Woodson.

D. Hall is the Captain.
I doubt they add another.
_________________
"I ain't stopping 'til I figure it out
I went home that night, like 'I'ma figure it out!'
5 Years later. Look at me! I FIGURED IT OUT!!!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group