Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marquess Wilson = Denarius Moore?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonsterCityGHS wrote:
MonsterCityGHS wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
What I want to see out of him is his strength improve. He is rail thin and look at how Green Bay dominated almost all our WRs while double and triple teaming Marshall. They were all outmatched and needed more time than our oline could give to get off their presses and get into their routes. Unless he is stronger than he has shown, he will likely have the same issue.

I hope he excels for us, but I would be happy with a solid 3 or 4. We've dealt with Hester as a #1 for a few years, so we can stand to give the guy a chance as a reserve/developmental player. This might be about him being a returner, as Hester cried about thinking of retirement after Lovie was fired, and is a free agent after this season. Weems is due $1.6 mil in 2014 but if Hester wants more money than he's worth, I'd like to have some depth at returner. Filling that hole for a 7th is a good pick.
Huh??? You realize in week 2 Alshon Jeffery was open all game long, right? In week 14 he was robbed of 3 catches 75 yards, a TD, and a chance to tie the game.

Really? By the fact that Cutler couldn't complete 55% of his passes and was sacked 11 times in those 2 games, I think if Jeffery had been able to "be wide open all game long" then those numbers wouldn't be that way. The TD was debatable (I think a bad call), but Jeffery's pass interference later in the game was the correct call. I'm assuming the last pass thrown to Jeffery was one of the three passes you claim he was "robbed" of. Shields barely had a hold of his jersey and was facing the ball, Jeffery had a chance to make the play and didn't fight back to the ball. He let Shields gain inside position when the ball was in the air. Don't make it sound like the offense was efficient and was responsible for keeping the game close, our defense and special teams were the only reasons we were close, that and them having Crosby who was terrible last year.
On the first part, I'll just let someone else show you on tape how stupidly wide open AJ was week 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JqVP437cIo

And what did Jay say about it? Well he admitted that when they reviewed the tape AJ was open all game long and that he forced the ball to Brandon when he should have been looking AJs way, but yep, you're 100% right Jay struggled in that game b/c AJ couldn't get open. LOL

Point #2:
Jeffery had 3 OPIs called on him, 1 legit, the other 2 he was simply disengaging from the defender who HAD A HOLD OF HIM. Yes the defender on 2 plays, 1 being a TD was blatantly HOLDING AJ. If you feel the need to find evidence just search the site for Jrry's terrific screen shot breakdown. And as far as Jeffery not fighting back for the ball on the final pass, what the hell is he supposed to do after being called for back to back to back OPIs. Is he supposed to give the ref another reason to give him an OPI? Why? Especially when it was blatant DPI that oh, we're just not going to call today.
set the record straight my brotha
Just got word via Bears Report Wilson will be fortunate just to make the practice squad.
Wilson might not even make the practice squad.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonsterCityGHS wrote:
MonsterCityGHS wrote:
MonsterCityGHS wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
What I want to see out of him is his strength improve. He is rail thin and look at how Green Bay dominated almost all our WRs while double and triple teaming Marshall. They were all outmatched and needed more time than our oline could give to get off their presses and get into their routes. Unless he is stronger than he has shown, he will likely have the same issue.

I hope he excels for us, but I would be happy with a solid 3 or 4. We've dealt with Hester as a #1 for a few years, so we can stand to give the guy a chance as a reserve/developmental player. This might be about him being a returner, as Hester cried about thinking of retirement after Lovie was fired, and is a free agent after this season. Weems is due $1.6 mil in 2014 but if Hester wants more money than he's worth, I'd like to have some depth at returner. Filling that hole for a 7th is a good pick.
Huh??? You realize in week 2 Alshon Jeffery was open all game long, right? In week 14 he was robbed of 3 catches 75 yards, a TD, and a chance to tie the game.

Really? By the fact that Cutler couldn't complete 55% of his passes and was sacked 11 times in those 2 games, I think if Jeffery had been able to "be wide open all game long" then those numbers wouldn't be that way. The TD was debatable (I think a bad call), but Jeffery's pass interference later in the game was the correct call. I'm assuming the last pass thrown to Jeffery was one of the three passes you claim he was "robbed" of. Shields barely had a hold of his jersey and was facing the ball, Jeffery had a chance to make the play and didn't fight back to the ball. He let Shields gain inside position when the ball was in the air. Don't make it sound like the offense was efficient and was responsible for keeping the game close, our defense and special teams were the only reasons we were close, that and them having Crosby who was terrible last year.
On the first part, I'll just let someone else show you on tape how stupidly wide open AJ was week 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JqVP437cIo

And what did Jay say about it? Well he admitted that when they reviewed the tape AJ was open all game long and that he forced the ball to Brandon when he should have been looking AJs way, but yep, you're 100% right Jay struggled in that game b/c AJ couldn't get open. LOL

Point #2:
Jeffery had 3 OPIs called on him, 1 legit, the other 2 he was simply disengaging from the defender who HAD A HOLD OF HIM. Yes the defender on 2 plays, 1 being a TD was blatantly HOLDING AJ. If you feel the need to find evidence just search the site for Jrry's terrific screen shot breakdown. And as far as Jeffery not fighting back for the ball on the final pass, what the hell is he supposed to do after being called for back to back to back OPIs. Is he supposed to give the ref another reason to give him an OPI? Why? Especially when it was blatant DPI that oh, we're just not going to call today.
set the record straight my brotha
Just got word via Bears Report Wilson will be fortunate just to make the practice squad.
Wilson might not even make the practice squad.

I wouldn't count on that.... I don't see Eric Weems fit on this team, nor do I see Hester being listed at WR. Wilson will definitely make the active 53.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
G08

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still so, so early. Can't make roster decisions before a kid puts on the pads...this was more to ruffle feathers/pass time until camp.

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Sirius NFL Radio a minute ago they were ripping on callers who talk up 6th and 7th round picks before they even make it to training camp. Laughing
lucasbears

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquess Wilson=Rookie of the year.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucasbears wrote:
Marquess Wilson=Rookie of the year.

Ohhhhh boy.
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
On Sirius NFL Radio a minute ago they were ripping on callers who talk up 6th and 7th round picks before they even make it to training camp. Laughing
Yeah that was a big mistake on my part. Just wanted the rookie Wilson to be good so bad. He has made a few good plays that show he has great potential so he does have some bright spots in his game. His consistency needs a lot of work. So right now he is very low on the depth chart and looks like he will land on the Bears practice squad. The Bears will most likely keep five wide receivers: Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Earl Bennett, Joe Anderson, and Devin Aromashodu. Marquess Wilson will have to step his game up big time to beat out Aromashodu in the preseason to make the team.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonsterCityGHS wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Yeah that was a big mistake on my part. Just wanted the rookie Wilson to be good so bad. He has made a few good plays that show he has great potential so he does have some bright spots in his game. His consistency needs a lot of work. So right now he is very low on the depth chart and looks like he will land on the Bears practice squad. The Bears will most likely keep five wide receivers: Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Earl Bennett, Joe Anderson, and Devin Aromashodu. Marquess Wilson will have to step his game up big time to beat out Aromashodu in the preseason to make the team.

You don't think Eric Weems will stick on ST?

RIP Stylish
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonsterCityGHS wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

I don't see DA sticking over Weems - he is nothing special on offense, has no upside and no ST value. Weems has no offensive value but he's a pro bowl ST player.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
MonsterCityGHS wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

I don't see DA sticking over Weems - he is nothing special on offense, has no upside and no ST value. Weems has no offensive value but he's a pro bowl ST player.

Agreed…If I had to guess right now we keep Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Anderson, Weems, Wilson & they Hester as a special teamer only…I don’t see any way DA makes the team.
G08

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I see Weems making the team unless it's strictly as a special teams guy.

Marshall
Jeffery
Bennett
Anderson

I think those 4 are your locks. The next one (or two?) spots IMO will be a battle among Marquess Wilson, Eric Weems, and Devin Aromashodu.

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:

Aromashodu has played special teams with the Vikings and Bears, but his ST value is probably low. It'll be an interesting battle. I've always liked what I've seen out of Anderson, so it would be nice if he solidified himself as a WR and special teamer in the preseason and locks up that #4 spot.

Also, if Weems and Hester are on the team as "strictly special teams guys", they still take up roster spots, and you have to trim elsewhere. If both of them make the team, I could see one WR spot left for a probable inactive guy waiting in the wings in case of injury.
G08

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
-Rookie WR Marquess Wilson took reps exclusively with the second team. His transition from third team to second team is now complete. On one snap, he easily burned CB Isaiah Frey on a slant pattern.

WindyCity wrote:
G08

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wilson, the Bears seventh-round draft choice, is intriguing because although his 6-foot-4, 184 pound frame may not be ready to contribute much for the Bears on offense or special teams this season, would he clear waivers if the team cut him with the intent of bringing him back on the practice squad? The last thing the Bears want to do is completely cut ties with a 20-year old receiver, who if he stayed in school and continued producing at the same rate he had over his first three years at Washington State, would've been a first-round or second-round pick in 2014.

WindyCity wrote:
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
MonsterCityGHS wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Agreed…If I had to guess right now we keep Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Anderson, Weems, Wilson & they Hester as a special teamer only…I don’t see any way DA makes the team.
First preseason game gives us good insight on this position. The only Bears player close to scoring a touch down was Wilson. So I think he will edge out DA we still have to keep an eye on that. Man MadMike you did a pretty good job of narrowing it down. Weems had a good game so that helps his case for making the team big time. I don't know about DH Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: