Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marquess Wilson = Denarius Moore?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G08

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:
Phil Emery on Sirius Radio:

"Extremely excited about Marquess Wilson. He's a vertical player. Doesn't run what I would call an outstanding 40 time but he plays very fast. He's an unusual guy in that he's a long-strider but he can really come to balance, he can really bend-and-break in and out of his cuts very well for a person that has the kind of length that he has. He's a high-point catcher with a lot of catch range."
You realize that Phil is going to talk nicely about every player on the roster right? You think he is going to disparage his 7th round draft pick? Hell I'm pretty sure there was nice blurb about Austin Signor when he was signed, and unless Robbie Gould's leg falls off I can't see Signor making the team either.

Just keeping the board informed. Relax.

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only here would you get an 8-page discussion about our 7th round pick but only 4 pages about our 2nd round pick.

Laughing

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Only here would you get an 8-page discussion about our 7th round pick but only 4 pages about our 2nd round pick.

Laughing

Just wait until you see the thread for Joe Anderson's induction into the HOF as the Hall's first special teams 'gunner'.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

Laughing

Just wait until you see the thread for Joe Anderson's induction into the HOF as the Hall's first special teams 'gunner'.
I go back and forth on whether Steve Tasker deserves to go into the Hall or not.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:

"Extremely excited about Marquess Wilson. He's a vertical player. Doesn't run what I would call an outstanding 40 time but he plays very fast. He's an unusual guy in that he's a long-strider but he can really come to balance, he can really bend-and-break in and out of his cuts very well for a person that has the kind of length that he has. He's a high-point catcher with a lot of catch range."
You realize that Phil is going to talk nicely about every player on the roster right? You think he is going to disparage his 7th round draft pick? Hell I'm pretty sure there was nice blurb about Austin Signor when he was signed, and unless Robbie Gould's leg falls off I can't see Signor making the team either.
Haters gonna hate
G08

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:

Laughing

We're all secret scouts Laughing

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:

Laughing

Some of that might be accounted for by the team already has a player on the roster capable of starting at the second rounder's position. Whereas, the seventh rounder was not so due to a lack of talent. Based on talent some speculated Wilson would be chosen in the same area as Bostic, give or take, were it not for his character being smeared by a coach who has had trouble follow him.

Add to that we currently do not have a starter who can stretch the field and it makes more sense than at first glance that it would produce some discussion. Not to mention, there is more route running and pass throwing than there are explosive hits being made by linebackers when they are in shorts and helmets. Just a thought.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

Laughing

Some of that might be accounted for by the team already has a player on the roster capable of starting at the second rounder's position. Whereas, the seventh rounder was not so due to a lack of talent. Based on talent some speculated Wilson would be chosen in the same area as Bostic, give or take, were it not for his character being smeared by a coach who has had trouble follow him.

Add to that we currently do not have a starter who can stretch the field and it makes more sense than at first glance that it would produce some discussion. Not to mention, there is more route running and pass throwing than there are explosive hits being made by linebackers when they are in shorts and helmets. Just a thought.

60% of the 7 pages is dedicated to defending Joe Andersons roster spot.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

Laughing

60% of the 7 pages is dedicated to defending Joe Andersons roster spot.

Up until your post I was exceptionally happy I had not read it all. Now I am ecstatic.
Before: Smile
After: Very Happy
G08

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post who you think the WRs will be on the 53:

Brandon Marshall
Alshon Jeffery
Earl Bennett
Marquess Wilson
Eric Weems
Joe Anderson

There's my 6. Anderson will be the token inactive.

WindyCity wrote:
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Post who you think the WRs will be on the 53:

Brandon Marshall
Alshon Jeffery
Earl Bennett
Marquess Wilson
Eric Weems
Joe Anderson

There's my 6. Anderson will be the token inactive.

That list makes enough sense. I would really like one of our young guys to step up on ST. I'd love to replace a guy like Weems with a guy like Dale Moss, or anyone else for that matter.

I'd happily take a young guy who is equal in the passing game (essentially non-existent) that could contribute on ST. Depending upon what personnel we keep, having a reserve return guy who contributes on ST and is a ghost in the passing game does not excite me much when he has proven his skill at receiver is severely limited.

One thing is for sure, I will not as much as blink this year during preseason games. I am more concerned with depth than I am our starters, that is barring major injuries.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:

Obviously Phil is not going to say a player is a PoS but he will not go out of his way to praise one who is. And "no" there was no blurb praising Signor. He signing was a quiet as a snowflake in a snowfall.

The fact Emery even mentions a rookie seventh rounder is significant. Praising one means he is likely in their plans.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:

Laughing
Nobody hatin' on the second.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:

Obviously Phil is not going to say a player is a PoS but he will not go out of his way to praise one who is. And "no" there was no blurb praising Signor. He signing was a quiet as a snowflake in a snowfall.

The fact Emery even mentions a rookie seventh rounder is significant. Praising one means he is likely in their plans.

Now we know Sup believes only the GM will use diplomacy, but the QB never would. Rolling Eyes
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards
Sugashane

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:

Now we know Sup believes only the GM will use diplomacy, but the QB never would. Rolling Eyes

The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13

Jump to: