Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adopt-a-Viking 2013 (LoverInTheCold may now pick again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robbroy45

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nozizaki wrote:
First page isn't up to date, but I believe I'm up next? Confused

I'm gonna reiterate the point that I made earlier...

Robbroy45 wrote:
I'm doing my best to update it as frequently as possible, but seeing as how I have school until 3 it's been tough to do so with every pick. Plus my phone screws up the first post when I try to edit it, so I just wait until I get home to update the OP. Thanks to all the posters who have been constantly updating while I can't, by the way.

Considering things have changed to where now I have my final projects, my dad forcing me to over prepare for my road test, and that my family recently found out that my aunt has pancreatic cancer, it's been even harder to keep track of things. Patience is a virtue, and that's my final say in the matter...

Heimdallr wrote:
Watching the game with two pcers fans.

Beer s good
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arKnaD7 wrote:
Wow, I can't believe there is a starter still available.

With the 29th pick in the 2013 Adopt-a-Viking, I select Jamarca Sanf.....

....oh, Jamarca recently took part in a poorly edited version of the "Harlem Shake"? That could be a problem.

Instead I select...

I was 50/50 on whether or not to get NFL Rewind last season, and decided not to. This will give me a reason to this year. If nothing else, I will get percentages of what coverages are used in passing situations, as that seems to be a major topic going into the 2013 season. Hopefully I will have time to do more than that.

haha that video is hilarious....I see Harrison Smith, Sendejo and Sanford but who are the others?? Its hard to tell with the towels on their heads

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My third and final recipe, even though it can't top Kellerman's last photo. That's some good "culture" he's displaying.

Husker's chicken in the crockpot:
I love my crockpot. So easy to cook stuff with and this is no different.
Ingredients:
Pasta
3 chicken breasts or about a pound of chicken
Can of cream of chicken soup gravy
vegetables (I use frozen corn and frozen green beans)

Place your chicken and soup gravy and any seasonings you would like in the crockpot, stir, and cook on low for 6 hours. At the 6 hour mark, cook your pasta (I love Penne, but Rotini is good, too. You can use any kind) and add your vegetables to the soup and chicken.

Once the pasta is done cooking, place on a plate and top with your chicken, vegetable, and soup gravy mixture. It should make about 3 servings.

skywindO2 wrote:
I'm still under the impression that the old coaching staff thought intercepting passes was against the rules.
Robbroy45

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
arKnaD7 wrote:

....oh, Jamarca recently took part in a poorly edited version of the "Harlem Shake"? That could be a problem.

Instead I select...

I was 50/50 on whether or not to get NFL Rewind last season, and decided not to. This will give me a reason to this year. If nothing else, I will get percentages of what coverages are used in passing situations, as that seems to be a major topic going into the 2013 season. Hopefully I will have time to do more than that.

haha that video is hilarious....I see Harrison Smith, Sendejo and Sanford but who are the others?? Its hard to tell with the towels on their heads

The one with the long hair has to be Raymond, can't tell the others, maybe Sherels or Felder are mixed in there?

Heimdallr wrote:
Watching the game with two pcers fans.

Beer s good
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see how far Alan Williams moves away from the Cover-Dos this year. Maybe put a little less emphasis on a coverage MLB.

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbroy45 wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
arKnaD7 wrote:

Instead I select...

The one with the long hair has to be Raymond, can't tell the others, maybe Sherels or Felder are mixed in there?

I thought Felder had long hair too. I think the heftier one was either Fred Evans or Christian Ballard.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

today's astronomy tip of the day: NASA's astronomy picture of the day.

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

this is a great site to have as a homepage; you won't find more beautiful and intriguing pictures anywhere. You'll also learn a thing or two.
Nozizaki

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to take John Carlson

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why hasn't anyone picked Eric Sugarman yet?
[UMN]

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fact of the day:

The Crab Nebula was produced by a supernova explosion in 1054 A.D. The Chinese and Arab astronomers at the time noted that the explosion was so bright, that it was visible during the day, and lit up the night sky for months.

twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
fact of the day:

The Crab Nebula was produced by a supernova explosion in 1054 A.D. The Chinese and Arab astronomers at the time noted that the explosion was so bright, that it was visible during the day, and lit up the night sky for months.

When I think UMN I think of

Another recipe that I love

enchilada casserole

Ingredients:
2 lbs ground beef
2 cans of enchilada sauce
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 block of Velveeta
10 ripped up into pieces
shredded cheddar cheese to top

1) Brown and strain your beef and onions.
2) in a big cooking pot add your sour cream, sauce, Velveeta, and tortillas into the pot and mix until cheese is melted. Also preheat your oven to 350.
3) grease a baking pan, and add mixture into the pan. Top with cheddar cheese.
4) Stick in the oven at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese on top is brown.

Enjoy. I like to get a bag o shredded lettuce and some hot sauce with mine, it is whatever you want to add to it.

Joe_is_the_best ^^
Bermuda Viking

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish of de day bie!!!!

Red Snapper! It is just so nice and smooth and silky.

We catch these bottom fishing 50-200 feet with handline. Use a lead weight at the bottom and loop a hook about 2 feet up from that with a free-wheeling strip of squid or baitfish. They have a delicate bite so you have to calmly focus on the line then pull on them to hook them and avoid them going in the rocks. Beautiful white fillet. Goes well with anything. It is wildly popular but often another fish is substituted in it's place as it is very expensive. The best way to get them here is 1000 ft down with electric winch, and to go at night. I don't have such luxuries, but my mate does and he gets big ones. He smokes them and makes a jerky that is out of this world. I don't have a smoker either.

I take the skin off, add salt, pepper, and chili flakes and pan fry them in a little olive oil. Very high heat on one side for about a minute getting a crisp sear on one side. Then flip for about 15 seconds on the second side. Squeeze over some fresh lemon jiuce and serve with a nice garden citrus salad.

Drink of the day is Bermuda Yellowbird! There are arguments on the best recipe for this. This one is mine.

Shot of Bermuda Black Rum.
Shot of Bacardi White
Shot of Galliano
2oz Orange Juice
1 oz pineapple juice
Juice from half a lime
Shake and pour on the rocks then drizzle a little banana liquor on top!

Awesome pairing with the red snapper and citrus salad.

Cheers!

Tomorrow morning I go fishing. Hopefully I get something and it will be fish of the day!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking, instead of getting FF people together for a trip to the new stadium, we visit BV instead, and try the local... cuisine.

Well worth post 17,000 Cool
Bermuda Viking

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I'm thinking, instead of getting FF people together for a trip to the new stadium, we visit BV instead, and try the local... cuisine.

Well worth post 17,000 Cool

I would love to hook up with a bunch of us at a game, but the door is always open here!
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Giant Claw (1957)

**WARNING** This review contains pictures that might make you turn away.

I have seen many ludicrous movies in my short life, but this one might just take the cake as the worst one. And there's one reason for that; a gigantic anti-matter space turkey. Clocking in at 75 minutes, The Giant Claw follows an electrical engineer named Mitch who is flying in a fighter jet in Europe. While flying, he identifies a UFO "the size of a battleship". Nobody in command believes him however, because the UFO didn't show up on radar. Numerous jets are then sent anyways to intercept the object, but they mysteriously disappear. Mitch encounters the UFO yet again when he is leaving Europe and the military plane he's on crashes. For the rest of the film Mitch must discover a way to destroy the UFO (giant space turkey FYI).

For a sci-fi B-movie from the 50s, the acting was actually decent, even though the script was horrendous. The film also does a solid job at creating tension up until you see the space bird. The special effects however, was something that was not good at all. I know these B-movies have really low budgets, but there is one difference between this and other b-movies with good effects. In those other films, the director and SFX people actually put in some effort into the effects. Fake miniatures galore and stock footage make this film look worse than many others before it. Ok now onto the star of the show. This film is the birthplace of the most ridiculous giant monster ever put on film.

I mean just look at the damn thing. *Warning* pictures galore

I could make a puppet that looks better than that.

What I learned:

Somehow this

becomes this pattern

Quotes:
"Something like your flying battleship?"
"I've seen some mighty big chicken hawks back on the farm, but man this baby takes the cake"
"Honest to Pete, I'll never call my mother-in-law an old crow again"

Final thoughts: The only reason to watch The Giant Claw (and the reason why I watched it), is that you have a fascination with B-movies and want to see the giant space buzzard above in action.

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 26 of 31

Jump to: