Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears LB Situation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Walshy

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Bears LB Situation Reply with quote

What do you think the starting lineup will be?

I'm hoping for:

Bostic-Greene-Briggs

I think that giving the rookies the start this year even if the position battles are close would be the best thing to do. It gives our rookie LBs starting experience for the future.

But I believe that the starters will be:

D.J Williams-Bostic-Briggs

Honestly, I think Greene and Bostic have just as much talent as Williams does. Mostly because I loved both LBs before the draft (mostly Greene) but it should be interesting to keep up with the battles for the LB spots.

I think we have 7 LBs

Khaseem Greene
Bostic
Briggs
Williams
Anderson
Thomas
Constanzo

Side note- Greene will be wearing #60 and Bostic will be wearing #57. meh. I like 60 better than 57 but those are average #s.

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
G08

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will be Bostic, DJ Williams, and Briggs. I like Khaseem quite a bit, but I think he's best suited for the weak side and that will belong to #55 until his days are done in Chicago.

Those numbers will change once the final 53 is determined.

GOGRIESE wrote:
Sorry when I smell BS I tend to not let it go.

G08 wrote:
Try a shower and watch where you step.
dabears32

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
I think it will be Bostic, DJ Williams, and Briggs. I like Khaseem quite a bit, but I think he's best suited for the weak side and that will belong to #55 until his days are done in Chicago.

Those numbers will change once the final 53 is determined.

Yea I think #52 makes sense for Bostic, he wore that for a year in college. And #56 seems to fit well for Greene.

Agreed that Greene is gonna have to wait for Briggs, but hopefully he'll be able to see some field time at the SAM.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Bears LB Situation Reply with quote

Walshy wrote:
What do you think the starting lineup will be?

I'm hoping for:

Bostic-Greene-Briggs

I think that giving the rookies the start this year even if the position battles are close would be the best thing to do. It gives our rookie LBs starting experience for the future.

But I believe that the starters will be:

D.J Williams-Bostic-Briggs

Honestly, I think Greene and Bostic have just as much talent as Williams does. Mostly because I loved both LBs before the draft (mostly Greene) but it should be interesting to keep up with the battles for the LB spots.

I think we have 7 LBs

Khaseem Greene
Bostic
Briggs
Williams
Anderson
Thomas
Constanzo

Side note- Greene will be wearing #60 and Bostic will be wearing #57. meh. I like 60 better than 57 but those are average #s.

It seems like an unconventional idea to take the MLB we drafted and play him at SLB and to take the OLB we drafted and move him inside. If Bostic plays outside I don't think it will be so Greene can play inside - I think it will be because the staff doesn't think he is ready to run the defense from the middle yet so they're going with DJ there.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briggs / Bostic / Williams
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one thinks Anderson has a chance to start?

Adopt a Bear.... Ka'Deem Carey.... HB.... Arizona
28 att for 130 yards 4.6avg. HALL OF FAME!
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

I think Anderson starts out the season at SLB…my opening day line-up would be…

WLB…Briggs
MLB…Williams
SLB…Anderson

But I reckon by the mid-way point of the season we will see Bostic moved into the starting line-up at either SLB or MLB with Anderson dropping out in either scenario.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

WLB…Briggs
MLB…Williams
SLB…Anderson

But I reckon by the mid-way point of the season we will see Bostic moved into the starting line-up at either SLB or MLB with Anderson dropping out in either scenario.

I think it will be the same. While we drafted two talented LBs they are still going to be rookies, and experience can overshadow physical abilities. I wouldn't be overly surprised to see us rotating Bostic and Greene in at MLB and SAM much like we rotate on the line, always keeping fresh bodies. The only one I don't really see getting rotated out much at all is Briggs.
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards
RTD

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sugashane"][quote="Madmike90"][quote="DABEARSLCF04"]no one thinks Anderson has a chance to start?[/quote]

WLB…Briggs
MLB…Williams
SLB…Anderson

But I reckon by the mid-way point of the season we will see Bostic moved into the starting line-up at either SLB or MLB with Anderson dropping out in either scenario.[/quote]

I think it will be the same. While we drafted two talented LBs they are still going to be rookies, and experience can overshadow physical abilities. I wouldn't be overly surprised to see us rotating Bostic and Greene in at MLB and SAM much like we rotate on the line, always keeping fresh bodies. The only one I don't really see getting rotated out much at all is Briggs.[/quote]

I agree. I also see the rookies getting playing time in a rotation and certain packages. But see both starting next year.
bears2308

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

WLB…Briggs
MLB…Williams
SLB…Anderson

This ^

Although I could see Anderson keep his role the entire season with Bostic moving in at MLB for DJ. Anderson is no scrub.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

WLB…Briggs
MLB…Williams
SLB…Anderson

This ^

Although I could see Anderson keep his role the entire season with Bostic moving in at MLB for DJ. Anderson is no scrub.

This is what I envisioned happening too. In the end it's a 4-man rotation w/Bostic to start with K.Greene working his way in later.

Willie Young - Adopt a Bear

#TurnUp
bkokot

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many years Briggs has left. It's hard to imagine that he might only have 2 or 3 years left himself, but given how fast Urlacher declined. Briggs is under contract through 2014, can you see him getting resigned after that? Or is that when Greene will hopefully step into a starting role at the WLB spot. SLB's are much easier to find in our system than either other LB position, and they come off the field when we play nickel. If both Bostic and Greene pan out, this draft will have set up our linebacking core very well moving forward.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkokot wrote:
I wonder how many years Briggs has left. It's hard to imagine that he might only have 2 or 3 years left himself, but given how fast Urlacher declined. Briggs is under contract through 2014, can you see him getting resigned after that? Or is that when Greene will hopefully step into a starting role at the WLB spot. SLB's are much easier to find in our system than either other LB position, and they come off the field when we play nickel. If both Bostic and Greene pan out, this draft will have set up our linebacking core very well moving forward.
First reports are very positive for Bostic playing in the center. Good to hear.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: