Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 KC Forum Mock Draft (Discussion thread.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
samsel23


Joined: 30 Sep 2008
Posts: 3504
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
Just a little surprised Jennings lasted that long.


Definitely good value. Think he'd mesh well with Wilson too
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22821
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
Rumless wrote:
Just a little surprised Jennings lasted that long.


Definitely good value. Think he'd mesh well with Wilson too


I was banking on him falling to me and Hiccup just HAD to steal him! Dammit.

Anyway, I can live with getting Casey as a consolation prize.
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DT58_lives_on


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5791
Location: St. Cloud, MN
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top two players were Burnett and Jennings...oh well. While my team certainly isn't the bees knees (partially because I am a toolbox and missed so many picks) I'm pretty happy with my young LB group.
_________________
[image]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/jesse_fritsch1/DEEFORD2_zpsef1ad50c.jpg[image]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
samsel23


Joined: 30 Sep 2008
Posts: 3504
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy kind of slipped by me. If he goes in the next 3 picks things will get broken Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikek163


Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Posts: 5537
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jurrell Casey best defender on the Titan's defense?

Oh lawddddd

Rankings from an actual Titans fan:

1.) Derrick Morgan
2.) Zach Brown
3.) Colin McCarthy
4.) Jurrell Casey
5.) Akeem Ayers
6.) Bernard Pollard
7.) Jason McCourty

_________________


Last edited by Mikek163 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HiccupGuy


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 1992
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
samsel23 wrote:
Rumless wrote:
Just a little surprised Jennings lasted that long.


Definitely good value. Think he'd mesh well with Wilson too


I was banking on him falling to me and Hiccup just HAD to steal him! Dammit.

Anyway, I can live with getting Casey as a consolation prize.


To tell the truth I thought Jennings had already been picked. I am just glad I went and looked threw all the WR that got picked.
_________________
Adopt-A-Chiefs: De'Anthony Thomas
7 catch - 40 yards - 0 TD
3 Rushes - 48 yards - 1 TD
11 punt returns - 147 yards - 0 TD
3 kick returns - 114 yards - 0 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22821
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Jurrell Casey best defender on the Titan's defense?

Oh lawddddd

Rankings from an actual Titans fan:

1.) Derrick Morgan
2.) Zach Brown
3.) Colin McCarthy
4.) Jurrell Casey
5.) Akeem Ayers
6.) Bernard Pollard
7.) Jason McCourty


Reading comprehension fail.

Key words: "in the conversation..."
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikek163


Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Posts: 5537
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
Jurrell Casey best defender on the Titan's defense?

Oh lawddddd

Rankings from an actual Titans fan:

1.) Derrick Morgan
2.) Zach Brown
3.) Colin McCarthy
4.) Jurrell Casey
5.) Akeem Ayers
6.) Bernard Pollard
7.) Jason McCourty




Reading comprehension fail.

Key words: "in the conversation..."


What conversation? The one going on in your noggin?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22821
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
What conversation? The one going on in your noggin?


Your own personal rankings had him ranked 4th. Our own Chiefs roster has four or five players who are pretty even as well...

Brandon Flowers
Derrick Johnson
Eric Berry
Tamba Hali
Justin Houston

My point is that it's debatable. I never stated Casey was clearly the best player on their defense because that would be a rather...well...ambitious on my part. But, considering how young he is and how high his potential seems to be, it's certainly not unreasonable to say he's in the conversation as the best defender on the Titans defense when talking about picking him for a draft like this. I mean, for the sake of this draft, it really just depends on which positions you value more for your scheme and what kind of skill set you covet more. Simply put, Casey is a perfect fit for what I'm looking for. He's a run stuffer with better mobility than given credit, the same goes for his ability to shed blocks and he collapses the pocket on a regular basis, which are all traits I was looking for in a DT to compliment Sheard and MJ's quickness off the edges.

For me, he's the absolute perfect fit. I don't blame you if you don't like him for your roster, but for what I'm trying to build here, he's damn good value at this point.
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jakuvious


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 10041
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are also talking the guy who is likely the 4th or so best player on the last ranked defense in the NFL.

Sorry Ryk, but this one, to me, was a reach.
_________________

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
41 catches, 542 yards, 4 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22821
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
You are also talking the guy who is likely the 4th or so best player on the last ranked defense in the NFL.

Sorry Ryk, but this one, to me, was a reach.


Boo.
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OILCHIEFS


Joined: 02 Feb 2011
Posts: 1473
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
You are also talking the guy who is likely the 4th or so best player on the last ranked defense in the NFL.

Sorry Ryk, but this one, to me, was a reach.


Boo.


I like Casey. Awesome young player with a ton of upside.

Defense is a team thing and Casey did his part.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rumless


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 1517
Location: Chiefs Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My upcoming pick is on the block.
_________________
[quote="aceinthehouse"]I personally do NOT think Lewis is the Greatest MLBer ever.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
samsel23


Joined: 30 Sep 2008
Posts: 3504
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryk didn't you draft Peters after an achilles tear last year?

I like Crabtree, but not for this year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marnz


Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Posts: 222
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think we should/can take injured people

i mean ok if you picked crabtree then got injured i think that would be ok and assume he didnt get injured but i dont think we can take a guy who has been injured for a while especially likely a season ending one at that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 70 of 91

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group