Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

One Will Go. Who and Why?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who gets CUT?
Willis McGahee
48%
 48%  [ 12 ]
Knowshon Moreno
52%
 52%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 25

broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do people get the idea that Moreno is a good blocker? Go back and watch the Atlanta game, he's awful there's a reason why he lost his job to Ball after that game. McGahee isn't near as good pass catcher but he's no slouch. What separates them is McGahee has proven he can do it, Moreno has proven nothing and cannot be relied on.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who the hell cares who the better receiving running back is. Knowshons had a 6 game stretch where he was solid (last year). Before that he was a bust.

Do we forget that McGahee came here after Knowshon's time was up, and he was officially a bust, and rejuvenated this teams run game?

The only argument that can be made for Knowshon is he has a smaller salary, and is younger. Both backs got hurt last year, and at the moment, it appears McGahee is more healthy, so you cant even argue health in Moreno's favor. McGahee is a better runner, more decisive, better on the goal line, better blocker. Moreno is a better receiver, and younger.

Really ask yourself which player makes this team better, since McGahee got here, and took Moreno's job, its really not a hard question to answer.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowshon Moreno is a terrible football player. He looked "solid" last year playing his simple role in an offense where Peyton Manning checks to running plays at the right time(cutting down on the running back's decision making) in the same way that Dominic Rhodes looked "solid" a handful of games in that same offense, yet sucked everywhere else. Just because I'm quoting elliot doesn't mean I'm lumping him in with what I'm about to say, but allow me to be insulting and suggest that if you think Knowshon Moreno is in any way a good player, you have no eye for talent at all. The guy is a scrub. He has terrible vision, terrible discipline, he's slow, and he's not overly powerful either. I totally reject this notion that Knowshon Moreno is an average football player. He's dreadful.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
if you think Knowshon Moreno is in any way a good player, you have no eye for talent at all. The guy is a scrub. He has terrible vision, terrible discipline, he's slow, and he's not overly powerful either. I totally reject this notion that Knowshon Moreno is an average football player. He's dreadful.

So I take it you think John Fox has no eye for talent too? After all, he kept him on the roster to run the scout team plays (and at 4th on the depth chart) then immediately through him into the starting lineup once McGahee went down and seemed like a genius at the time. But he cant identify talent. Come on dude.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
if you think Knowshon Moreno is in any way a good player, you have no eye for talent at all. The guy is a scrub. He has terrible vision, terrible discipline, he's slow, and he's not overly powerful either. I totally reject this notion that Knowshon Moreno is an average football player. He's dreadful.

So I take it you think John Fox has no eye for talent too? After all, he kept him on the roster to run the scout team plays (and at 4th on the depth chart) then immediately through him into the starting lineup once McGahee went down and seemed like a genius at the time. But he cant identify talent. Come on dude.

To be fair, you did say that Lance Ball was trash, as have most people, and yet Fox kept him on the team. So...

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:

To be fair, you did say that Lance Ball was trash, as have most people, and yet Fox kept him on the team. So...

This is true Sensei. I digress...

In my defense, I believe my argument was that he shouldnt play over Knowshon or Hillman, and he didnt. That said, I dont think he makes the team this year with the addition of Montee Ball.

You cant keep two guys with the same last name, playing the same position.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Knowshon Moreno is a terrible football player. He looked "solid" last year playing his simple role in an offense where Peyton Manning checks to running plays at the right time(cutting down on the running back's decision making) in the same way that Dominic Rhodes looked "solid" a handful of games in that same offense, yet sucked everywhere else. Just because I'm quoting elliot doesn't mean I'm lumping him in with what I'm about to say, but allow me to be insulting and suggest that if you think Knowshon Moreno is in any way a good player, you have no eye for talent at all. The guy is a scrub. He has terrible vision, terrible discipline, he's slow, and he's not overly powerful either. I totally reject this notion that Knowshon Moreno is an average football player. He's dreadful.

No where did I say Moreno was some outrageous talent, he's just a better option to have on the team than McGahee at this point.

Younger, better receiver, on par as a blocker.

He may be cheaper too but I'm not sure what his numbers are. I THINK McGahee has a 2.5 mil this year.

McGahee fumbles all the time as well. I know ball security is not a strength of Moreno but he's not as bad as McGahee.

Sometimes I wonder if Lance Ball is our best option. He's a decent blocker, special teams, cheap.

He sucks still but hey, it's our 3rd string running back.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:

In my defense, I believe my argument was that he shouldnt play over Knowshon or Hillman, and he didnt. That said, I dont think he makes the team this year with the addition of Montee Ball.

The Broncos already did it with Tatum Bell and Mike Bell.
The Vikings also did it 2 brothers playing LB (E.J and Erin Henderson)
They also did it with Pat and Kevin Williams (DT)

Currently: Mike Thomas and Devin Thomas for the Lions. (WR)
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:

All those coaches are dumb. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:

I just wish we could make Montee's number 1, and Lance 2. And line them up in two back sets, side by side, with peyton between them.

looking like this:
----------P-----------
--Ball 1 --- Ball 2--

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:

I just wish we could make Montee's number 1, and Lance 2. And line them up in two back sets, side by side, with peyton between them.

looking like this:
----------P-----------
--Ball 1 --- Ball 2--

Peyton has twice the balls under him as compared to any other QB. I like our chances.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:

looking like this:
----------P-----------
--Ball 1 --- Ball 2--

Radio:
"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drop the ball and Ball scoops it up! He's going down field, TOUCHDOWN!!! Ball then spikes the ball and Ball pat him on the back as a thank you sign for negating his mistake when he dropped the ball."
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have McGahee at this point. Knowshon isn't completely useless, but he consistently gets less yards than he should. Aside from the fumble problem, there's no reason why you shouldn't prefer McGahee.

I guess you have to ask yourself, was McGahee's fumble problem a fluke, or a sign of things to come?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe_is_the_best wrote:
I'd rather have McGahee at this point. Knowshon isn't completely useless, but he consistently gets less yards than he should. Aside from the fumble problem, there's no reason why you shouldn't prefer McGahee.

I guess you have to ask yourself, was McGahee's fumble problem a fluke, or a sign of things to come?
He's fumbled a lot his whole career. Another reason to cut him.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really doubt the FO is having this conversation. Why exactly does one of them have to go? It's the NFL and it's hard to have too many RB's heaing into camp.

Who knows, maybe JJ or CJ Anderson really step up and impress. That'd make one of them expendable. At this point though it just seems strange speculation. IMO we're talking about backups anyway. Ball will see the field early and often. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if he starts the season #1 on the depth chart. Actually, I'd be surprised if he wasn't.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: