Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

One Will Go. Who and Why?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who gets CUT?
Willis McGahee
48%
 48%  [ 12 ]
Knowshon Moreno
52%
 52%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 25

Donut

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I can see the arguments for and against both players.

That said, I think Knowshon is the odd man out, I just don't think the coaches trust him. McGahee is older but he's also more reliable and I think Fox would just feel more comfortable with than with Moreno. Although I have heard rumors that Gase prefers Knowshon, likely because his mentor and friend Josh McDaniels made him his #1 pick.

Oh come on. You yourself just said you could see arguments for both players, so let's not act like it would be ridiculous to keep Knowshon over Moreno.

Being on staff he knows both players. This isn't like draft and you see 2 similar guys available and because a coach loves a program's HC they'd choose that guy over the other. He may like Moreno because he's a natural pass catcher and sees potential in him and thinks McGahee might not have much left. Or he may see McGahee as consistent vet and like him more. I dont see why its ridiculous to keep both.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest rumor -- McGahee won't attend OTAs.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000204565/article/willis-mcgahee-not-expected-for-denver-broncos-otas

There's lots of speculation that his absence means he might be cut. I don't know.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowshon is younger and more versatile than McGahee. I'll take Moreno.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
bobdevine

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One less RB --Mario Fannin was waived today.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6582/mario-fannin
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:

I must have been watching a different team than you the last two years. Weird, team I was watching had the same names on the back of the jerseys though.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
Latest rumor -- McGahee won't attend OTAs.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000204565/article/willis-mcgahee-not-expected-for-denver-broncos-otas

There's lots of speculation that his absence means he might be cut. I don't know.

Pretty sure McGahee hasn't gone to first set of OTA's in any offseason with the Broncos. His offseason training has him in Miami this time each year. Fox even said thats a normal absence, so I wouldnt read much into it.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

I must have been watching a different team than you the last two years. Weird, team I was watching had the same names on the back of the jerseys though.
You've got to be kidding me.

Knowshon is 10x the receiver that McGahee is. And just as good if not better than him as a blocker. Plus, he ran the ball well last year.

McGahee is injured, old, and can't do as much as Moreno.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

Knowshon is 10x the receiver that McGahee is. And just as good if not better than him as a blocker. Plus, he ran the ball well last year.

Lol ok.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

Wut...

Knowshow is an average receiver, average blocker and an average runner. When McGahee ran the ball in the beginning of the year, he was clearly the better back, I thought he was a good blocker and receiver when needed to be.

Stats 2012:
Willis (10 games): 167 att 731 yds 4.4 avg 4 TD, receiving 26 rec 221 yds 8.5 avg 0 TD

Knowshon (8 games): 138 att 525 yds 3.8 yds 4 TD, receiving 21 rec 167 yds 8.0 avg 0 TD

We don't even need to talk about 2011 stats.

Btw, Knowshon is injured often, young, and can't do much of anything consistently.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think Knowshon isn't a better receiver or at least on par with McGahee as a blocker, I don't know what to tell you.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
If you think Knowshon isn't a better receiver or at least on par with McGahee as a blocker, I don't know what to tell you.

You don't need to tell me anything, I just showed you their stats and to me looks like McGahee was a better player based on numbers. At least I provide some sort of evidence, while you are using your biased opinion which is just as fair as mine. To me, they are both average at all aspects, but McGahee is a better runner and was more reliable over the course of his two seasons compared to Moreno's three.. Both should be cut but we need depth unfortunately.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Ok don't watch the games. Knowshon's blocking was one of the reasons he was inactive for so many weeks.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Ok don't watch the games. Knowshon's blocking was one of the reasons he was inactive for so many weeks.
Laughing

Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy.

Right now, Knowshon is better to have than McGahee. That's it.

Knowshon's 2nd season, he was better as a receiver than McGahee ever was. He's on par as a blocker. And his youth alone and with how well he performed late last year is enough for me to take him over McGahee.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Laughing

Knowshon's 2nd season, he was better as a receiver than McGahee ever was. He's on par as a blocker. And his youth alone and with how well he performed late last year is enough for me to take him over McGahee.
Ok.. Stats say otherwise. You have no basis for an argument. The only argument you have is Moreno is younger.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Laughing

Ok.. Stats say otherwise. You have no basis for an argument. The only argument you have is Moreno is younger.

Moreno's 2nd season, 37 catch, 372+ yards, 3 TDs. 10.1 YPC.

McGahee's best season receiving, 43 catches, 231 yards, 1 TD, 5.4 YPC.

Moreno is the better receiver. And on par or better as a blocker. His blocking/3rd down ability is a big reason why he's still on the team. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: