Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

One Will Go. Who and Why?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who gets CUT?
Willis McGahee
48%
 48%  [ 12 ]
Knowshon Moreno
52%
 52%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 25

elliot878

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: One Will Go. Who and Why? Reply with quote

One of Knowshon Moreno or Willis McGahee will be released in the coming days, weeks, or months.

Who do you think gets the ax? And Why?

Moreno - 5'11, 200 pounds, 25 years old. Two years remaining on contract, 2013 cap hit is $1.7m

McGahee - 6'0, 230 pounds, 31 years old. Two years remaining on contract, 2013 cap hit is $2.5m.

If it's me, I keep McGahee. He's been a pro since he got here. A leader, a better runner, and he's hungry for that Lombardi trophy. He's got all the intangibles, and talent that Moreno lacks. I'm not letting an $800,000 salary difference keep those good traits from my roster.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think either will go. Both these guys went down in crucial times last year. You would think if Moreno was healthy during the B-more game, he could have nailed that game down by getting extra, tough yards. Instead, they relied on Hester and Hillman. I think Hillman is a better version of Kevin Faulk for the Patriots was. And, I think having a stable of backs: Moreno, McGahee, and M.Ball makes a lot of sense.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it'll be Moreno because we already have a guy similar in a lot of ways in Montee Ball.

The DPO made a good point today. McGahee is the biggest back we have, I think he'll have a role on the team just from the standpoint that he's the biggest and has had success. Obviously Ball and Hillman are safe.

I think we'll keep one of the "other" backs (Ball, Fannin, Johnson etc..) and I'm guessing that will be because of ST ability.

One thing that people I think continuously forget is that it isn't always about straight ability running the ball, it's also about what you can offer on ST. Knowshon's role is redundant, but we don't have an RB who will contribute on ST, so while Knowshon is better than Ball, it remains to be seen if the staff views him as more valuable to the team.

Thanks, Tzimisce
bobdevine

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think McGahee will be traded or cut. McGahee will be 32 this year and carries a salary of $2.5M. Moreno is younger and cheaper.

McGahee still has a little bit of trade value now that he won't in another year. Cowboys, Cardinals, and Colts are probably looking for a RB and would give a late-round pick for one that could start.
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
I think McGahee will be traded or cut. McGahee will be 32 this year and carries a salary of $2.5M. Moreno is younger and cheaper.

McGahee still has a little bit of trade value now that he won't in another year. Cowboys, Cardinals, and Colts are probably looking for a RB and would give a late-round pick for one that could start.

Would love if we could pick up a late rounder for him. You guys don't think there's any chance we keep Ball, Hillman, Moreno, and McGahee? All 4 of them have value on this team. We literally don't need any other backs if we keep all of them.
broncospride95

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO Ball, Hillman, McGahee, and Moreno will be our RB's for 2013.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isnt even a question. Knowshon is history. Elway never mentions him and the team story has his jersey on clearance.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of it will depend on how both Moreno and McGahee heal up. If both are healed I think Moreno should stay and McGahee should go. They way both get hurt, we probably should keep both. lol
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:

I' agree a trade may be likely, but not with Willis. IMO he has no trade value.

Moreno may however be able to get us a 5th or 6th if we keep him around through TC. Lots of RB's go down each year so a decent chance a team could pick him up to replace a TC casualty.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to keep McGahee, despite his annoying fumbling habit. Pretty done with Moreno.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
I want to keep McGahee, despite his annoying fumbling habit. Pretty done with Moreno.

I mean I understand both sides. For and against, for both McGahee and Moreno, but Moreno is making like nothing right? If someone gets injured, it'd be nice to have him around, rather than Jeremiah Johnson or even Mario Fannin. I agree with Jersey though; I don't think the coaching staff feels the same way.
fossilsn2000

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why has no one mentioned Hester? We will keep 4 backs, but the 4th will be Hester. He serves as the goal line/short yardage guy so I don't think McGahee can be considered the "big back". However, I think we expect to lose both next year anyways so we'll keep McGahee simply because is the better overall back. I don't think the salary will be a big issue once the season starts. They'll just go with who can be the most effective at present and who can pick up the most slack if Ball fails.
rhuston

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would keep both and cut L. Ball. He is due 1.3 mil and carries no dead money if cut if I am reading sport trac right. It appears to me that there would be no financial gain to cut Moreno this year as his dead money would be 2.3 million.

I could be reading the salary stuff wrong but it appears to me that Ball is the easy cut that would save 100 percent of the salary.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever performs better in camp IMO. It's a position battle.
mke1010

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barring injury, I am almost certain both will be with the team.

Both have relatively cheap contracts. McGahee provides veteran leadership at the position and can produce. Moreno has shown flashes. No need to cut a veteran who provides depth and can step up when called upon. I think the way Moreno handled himself last season when he was benched has ensured to some extent that he will see out his contract with this team. He showed he is a team player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: