Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Numbers!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
EMG58


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 155
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
I think Ball should have bold and taken 44.


I think thats Retired for Floyd Little isn't it?


I am not positive, but I think #7 is the only number retired by the Broncos.


#7 and #44 are retired. #18 was also retired but was unretired when Peyton was signed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackAtBroncos07


Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 3223
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EMG58 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
I think Ball should have bold and taken 44.


I think thats Retired for Floyd Little isn't it?


I am not positive, but I think #7 is the only number retired by the Broncos.


#7 and #44 are retired. #18 was also retired but was unretired when Peyton was signed.


Huh. How would you like to be that player?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnAngryAmerican


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 18532
Location: Loveland, CO
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
EMG58 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
I think Ball should have bold and taken 44.


I think thats Retired for Floyd Little isn't it?


I am not positive, but I think #7 is the only number retired by the Broncos.


#7 and #44 are retired. #18 was also retired but was unretired when Peyton was signed.


Huh. How would you like to be that player?

Frank Tripucka asked Peyton to wear his retired #18. Peyton, being one who appreciates the history of the game, said he considered it an honor and was humbled by Tripucka's request, and did it to honor him and the Broncos franchise.
_________________
big_palooka:

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PackAtBroncos07


Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 3223
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
EMG58 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
I think Ball should have bold and taken 44.


I think thats Retired for Floyd Little isn't it?


I am not positive, but I think #7 is the only number retired by the Broncos.


#7 and #44 are retired. #18 was also retired but was unretired when Peyton was signed.


Huh. How would you like to be that player?

Frank Tripucka asked Peyton to wear his retired #18. Peyton, being one who appreciates the history of the game, said he considered it an honor and was humbled by Tripucka's request, and did it to honor him and the Broncos franchise.


Ah yeah I actually remember that now. Cool then.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 15622
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Rippy was cut, his knee never seemed recovered from his 2011 ACL tear.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
champ+jay+al=SB


Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 15459
Location: Boulder
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
I freaking love 38. Guessed it right. Numbers in the 20s generally are for finesse backs. 30 and upwards is where the nastiness begins. 17 for Oz is better as well.


Agree. 69 on Q is kind of weird

Jared Allen is 69 also.


It's always time for 69
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Russell2Bailey


Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 12905
Location: Where I will, I'll roam.
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osweiler #17? Ewww. Only Tannehill can make that number look good on a QB.
_________________
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Reggie Nelson#1


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 3293
Location: Montreal, Canada
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Osweiler #17? Ewww. Only Tannehill can make that number look good on a QB.


He's just getting back the number he always wore before becoming a Bronco. (That was his number during high school and college)
Looks better than seeing him wear #6.
_________________
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Russell2Bailey


Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 12905
Location: Where I will, I'll roam.
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Osweiler #17? Ewww. Only Tannehill can make that number look good on a QB.


He's just getting back the number he always wore before becoming a Bronco. (That was his number during high school and college)
Looks better than seeing him wear #6.
That's true. 6 will always be ugly now.
_________________
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jsthomp2007


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 7319
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Osweiler #17? Ewww. Only Tannehill can make that number look good on a QB.


He's just getting back the number he always wore before becoming a Bronco. (That was his number during high school and college)
Looks better than seeing him wear #6.
That's true. 6 will always be ugly now.


What are you guys talking about? Bubby Brister wore number 6.
_________________
Ninja stealth muggers in the Bellagio has left me in a state of congitive disonance...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Reggie Nelson#1


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 3293
Location: Montreal, Canada
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Osweiler #17? Ewww. Only Tannehill can make that number look good on a QB.


He's just getting back the number he always wore before becoming a Bronco. (That was his number during high school and college)
Looks better than seeing him wear #6.
That's true. 6 will always be ugly now.


What are you guys talking about? Bubby Brister wore number 6.


Since Cutler.
_________________
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
germ-x


Joined: 06 Apr 2009
Posts: 7817
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, i like #17 on Osweiler better than #6. I didn't like him wearing Cutler's old number.

I was reading on denverbroncos.com why players took certain numbers about a week ago. Williams took #92 for the obvious reason that it was his number in college. It appeared Ball wanted #28, but obviously it was taken, #30 was his next choice, but it was taken, so he chose #38 because it was Mike Anderson's number and he was a 1,000 yard rusher. Kayvon Webster chose 36 because his college # was 6 and he was selected in the 3rd round so he combined them to make 36. The rest i can't really remember.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncoinGermany


Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 2463
Location: Bad Nauheim
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, that looks sexy... Mile High Salute and Anderson's 38




_________________

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jonnyj20


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 10739
Location: SLC
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he actually looks quite a bit like Mike Anderson there, and it's not just the number.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group