Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agent Josh Cribbs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Free Agent Josh Cribbs Reply with quote

Does anyone else like the fit if we bring Cribbs in at the minimum? He can be the return guy and a backup to Cobb's package. Yes he had an ACL redone, but with the market this bad I think there may be some juice left in the orange with the fit--even though I think he was overrated in Cleveland.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will learn. Sooner or later.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Boykin-Ross-Johnson-Dorsey is enough competition for WR, plus I don't think he has the upside of these guys either. No thanks.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:

Kind of a snooty answer to someone who's been here over 5 years longer than you eh?

As far as Cribbs goes, it's going to be tough because of those 7th round picks. One of those guys is probably going to make enough noise to be the 5th WR. If they suck and Ross doesn't workout in TC, than I could see a Benson like signing of someone like Cribbs to just be a returner.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Cribbs really any good beyond a PR/KR/Tazer role? I'm not sure that's worth a roster spot.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
Is Cribbs really any good beyond a PR/KR/Tazer role? I'm not sure that's worth a roster spot.

I think it is for sure, that's all Ross would be on this roster. Field position is huge in the game now, but Ross is on the up, while Cribbs is obviously on the way down, so I think as Ross is showing potential, he gets the nod.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the fact he couldn't even get on the field in Cleveland, where there is a massive void at WR............................No.

We have three locks at WR in Nelson, Jones and Cobb. Then we have Boykin, Ross, Dorsey and Johnson all fighting for two roster spots. This would be just a move to make a move.

Sig brought to you by Justo
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Returners should be treated with even more prejudice then running backs when it comes to the age thirty wall.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd have say not interested. there's probably a reason he's still available and that Cleveland let him go.
he would pretty much be a special teams only guy and i'm not sure how his tackling is but imma guess he's no ace.
it would be nice to have someone who is an experienced returner aside from Cobb but i still just don't think it'd be worth the roster spot.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he'd be worth a 53-man roster spot. My two cents.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's an OK KR with no upside at WR. His years of experience increase what that minimum contract would require, but I would bet part of the reason he doesn't have a team is probably related to him thinking his value is higher than the offers he has received. Personally, I don't think a KR only is worth a roster spot unless they are Devin Hester type elite. Maybe that ends up being the only role you use them for, but they have to have some positional value outside of KR/PR.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kal-El

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Agent Josh Cribbs Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Does anyone else like the fit if we bring Cribbs in at the minimum? He can be the return guy and a backup to Cobb's package. Yes he had an ACL redone, but with the market this bad I think there may be some juice left in the orange with the fit--even though I think he was overrated in Cleveland.

I do, in fact, not want him in GB. =]

Lorde <33333333
jfinley88

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. We're not going to...
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a guy who had a fluke year, then wanted to get paid, didn't get his contract, complained, then Peyton Hillis one-upped him in the money whine category and they both got cut.

So yeah....I too say hell-to-the-no...
Beast

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Packers have Ross to be a returner and back-up Cobb and MM was even getting him involved late last season in the offense using his speed. And Ross would be cheaper than vet minimum.

I do admit to wanting RB LaRod Stephens-Howling before the draft, but that's because

1) I thought he'd be cheap

2) I think he could of been the next Darren Sproles if he was in the right system and had better blocking.

3) I think he can do all the things Cobb did in the back-field and would be better at running between the tackles than Cobb because he's more physical.

4) Great 3rd down back, and a willing blocker, though he's not the best at it because of his size but he gives it 100% which is better than you can say for some.

5) Back-up the return guy (or be the return guy)

6) He's stayed healthy, which I can't say is true for Starks and Green.

Packerraymond wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:

Kind of a snooty answer to someone who's been here over 5 years longer than you eh?

For a person from the Midwest, that would be called snooty.

For a person from New Jersey, that would be called being polite. Razz Very Happy

haha... sorry I just wanted to bust on Jersey for a bit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: