Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pick your starters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen, I'm not banging the drum for Ausberry. I'm not his biggest man crush fan or something. I just like how he's looked when he has had the ball. Yes, those few times. It doesn't make me think absurdly of him like he's the next great TE. Honestly I just wonder. Is there something wrong with him we don't know about? Probably... Maybe half of his routes are totally messed up and we can't tell, and that's why he never gets the ball - because he's not where he is supposed to be. Maybe he blows 80% of his assignments.. I dunno...

But I don't think any of the other 4 guys in camp are so flawless that any of them don't have significant knocks, just like Ausberry.. And yet each one has some plusses, including Ausberry. So who makes it? I dunno, who's better than the others? Once again, I dunno...
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been trying to think of who Sio Moore reminds me off. Not quite Von Miller. Finally it hit me. Duh. Clay Matthews. Except Sio had better college production and performed better in every combine drill as far as I know.

Clay has an inch or two in height but other than that they are the same player coming out except Sio is a little better in coverage imo.
Rolni

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Been trying to think of who Sio Moore reminds me off. Not quite Von Miller. Finally it hit me. Duh. Clay Matthews. Except Sio had better college production and performed better in every combine drill as far as I know.

Clay has an inch or two in height but other than that they are the same player coming out except Sio is a little better in coverage imo.

Man I hope you are right. If he could have a Clay like impact...
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Wow, you are really biased against Ausberry. All you've ever done is rip on the guy for as long as I can remember. You always jump on his back for his good plays as few as they are.

I wouldn't say it's bias. He's simply done nothing notable for me to say he has a chance at being a TE for the Raiders.

A lot of people here want him to start and I don't get it. He doesn't show anything in practice, so why should he get a look to start.

Make or break this year IMO. Year 3 is when Reece started to mold into a decent option at FB. Ausberry needs to show out, or he's done here.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oak42069 wrote:
RaidersJagsFan9 wrote:

Well I didn't want to just give rookies the starting spot I want to see them earn it. Gordon is the best blocking TE we have and with the team going back to the PBS it seemed like the most logical choice.

This is true, Gordon is the best blocking TE on the roster and the most experienced out of that group. Based on that alone i can see why you start him. However, i think it is bad news, guy can def block but is hella slow and is no downfield threat.

This is true, however on first down we are going to be running the ball in the power run scheme a lot more then sending our TE on the fly. Especially as having a plus blocker like Gordon will help Watson early on. Gordon is a worker, despite what fan's think/want to plug into their madden roster, Gordon should be the favorite for our Day 1 starter.

Nick Kasa has uber potential but come game 1 and 1st down (which is essentially what we are doing here) it should be Gordon. As the season moves on I could see it being a different situation. I would love to see Kasa come in and dominate the camp and earn the starter spot, but I like what Richard Gordon can bring to the position, and I even more so love the idea of playing smash mouth power running game football.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Knapp is so conservative it shouldn't surprise anyone guys like Ausberry didn't get any playing time. Knapp's main goal was to hang onto his job and he shied away from giving a shot to any of the young guys for most of the season.

Like Tibo said, i wouldn't be surprised if we go into the season with 4 TEs. Last year we had 3 TEs and 2 FBs, i could see 4 TEs and 1 FB in 2013. Rivera is an H-back and Gordon played some FB under Hue Jackson.
Raidin

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:

Only in the Vert and broad. Clay was better in the 3 cone and shuttle. Moores numbers in the 3 cone were actually pretty terrible. He got 7.49(Clay got 6.91).
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Greg Knapp is so conservative it shouldn't surprise anyone guys like Ausberry didn't get any playing time. Knapp's main goal was to hang onto his job and he shied away from giving a shot to any of the young guys for most of the season.

Like Tibo said, i wouldn't be surprised if we go into the season with 4 TEs. Last year we had 3 TEs and 2 FBs, i could see 4 TEs and 1 FB in 2013. Rivera is an H-back and Gordon played some FB under Hue Jackson.
This^ DA and Knapp were trying to win games and didn't want to put any trust in our young players, Meyers was having a good season so to think Ausberry was going to get much playing time is a little backwards.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
New rule: If you call him She-Mac, you can't start him Cool

Call me crazy but I think tp's skill set would benefit dmac in a major way esp with the bootleg threat.

Not when teams are stacking the ball knowing that Pryor can't beat them with his arm.

i just hope flynn doesnt end up being a statue and frozen goods like cp cause our o-line will keep him on his toes.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Rolni wrote:
QB- Matt Flynn
HB- Darren McFadden
FB- Marcel Reece
TE- Nick Kasa

WR- Denarius Moore
WR- Rod Streater
WR- Jacoby Ford

LT- Jared Veldheer
LG- Tony Bergstrom
OC- Stefen Wisnewski
RG- Mike Brisiel Lucas Nix by end of season
RT- Khalif Barnes Menelik Watson by end of season

LE- Lamar Houston
NT- Pat Sims Christo Bilukidi by end of season
UT- Vance Walker
RE- Andre Carter

SLB- Kevin Burnett
MLB- Nick Roach
WLB- Miles Burris

CB- DJ Hayden
CB- Mike Jenkins
CB- Tracy Porter

FS- Usama Young
SS- Tyvon Branch

+1

Probably the most realistic. I had a huge crocodile tear in my eye when I saw Cough's lineup but then you brought me back. Thanks.

I think tp gives us the best chance. hate it or love it. its kinda funny how you rag on tp all the time. but say flynn as a starter will get you clowney.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
New rule: If you call him She-Mac, you can't start him Cool

Call me crazy but I think tp's skill set would benefit dmac in a major way esp with the bootleg threat.

Not when teams are stacking the ball knowing that Pryor can't beat them with his arm.

i just hope flynn doesnt end up being a statue and frozen goods like cp cause our o-line will keep him on his toes.

Only Palmer wasn't a statue.

bungleodeon wrote:
Sorry, it's Tuesday and that means I drink.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Rolni wrote:
QB- Matt Flynn
HB- Darren McFadden
FB- Marcel Reece
TE- Nick Kasa

WR- Denarius Moore
WR- Rod Streater
WR- Jacoby Ford

LT- Jared Veldheer
LG- Tony Bergstrom
OC- Stefen Wisnewski

LE- Lamar Houston
UT- Vance Walker
RE- Andre Carter

SLB- Kevin Burnett
MLB- Nick Roach
WLB- Miles Burris

CB- DJ Hayden
CB- Mike Jenkins
CB- Tracy Porter

FS- Usama Young
SS- Tyvon Branch

+1

Probably the most realistic. I had a huge crocodile tear in my eye when I saw Cough's lineup but then you brought me back. Thanks.

I think tp gives us the best chance. hate it or love it. its kinda funny how you rag on tp all the time. but say flynn as a starter will get you clowney.

#Swag. Only thing NCOUGH needs to see to want a QB to start for the Raiders. Actual skills..... don't need those. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we just the TP hate go already? If he wins out, he deserves it. Some of you are up in arms about Flynn who has two career starts and was beat at by Russel Wilson last year after signing a contract with Seattle..you act as though he is a stud. Then there's Wilson a fourth round pick and you guys are ready to see him start, but those who hate Pryor already have their minds made up.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Rolni wrote:
QB- Matt Flynn
HB- Darren McFadden
FB- Marcel Reece
TE- Nick Kasa

WR- Denarius Moore
WR- Rod Streater
WR- Jacoby Ford

LT- Jared Veldheer
LG- Tony Bergstrom
OC- Stefen Wisnewski

LE- Lamar Houston
UT- Vance Walker
RE- Andre Carter

SLB- Kevin Burnett
MLB- Nick Roach
WLB- Miles Burris

CB- DJ Hayden
CB- Mike Jenkins
CB- Tracy Porter

FS- Usama Young
SS- Tyvon Branch

+1

#Swag. Only thing NCOUGH needs to see to want a QB to start for the Raiders. Actual skills..... don't need those. Rolling Eyes

skills in the red zone esp

garbage time or knapp or not we scored 3 tds in his first game.

check and see how many times cp did and didnt get us at least 21 points garbage time or knapp or not.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Only in the Vert and broad. Clay was better in the 3 cone and shuttle. Moores numbers in the 3 cone were actually pretty terrible. He got 7.49(Clay got 6.91).

Your are right about the 3 cone and shuttle. However Moore's numbers were better in the 40, bench press, broad jump and vert. Which are the explosion drills. Also lets not forgot Moore packed on 20+ pounds right before the combine. Maybe helped in bench but would have hurt him if anything in the others.

But beyond the numbers just the type of player and skill set are very similar.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: