Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titus Young....arrested, a FOURTH time.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitFML wrote:
Forgive my ignorance, but just so I understand this, his brain touching his skull while being compressed is causing him to do illegal things? Or is it not knowing right from wrong? Or is it just causing him to become angry? Sorry again, just trying to understand.

I'm guessing, since i have no knowledge on this but i assume that it has kind of affect on his social intelligence, he doesn't know how to act around people/society... explains why he fought with his coaches and sabotaged the Lions last season.
Tom Brady Tribute
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god, Titus Young was arrested a 4TH TIME!!!

For robbing a convenience store.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/05/titus-young-had-a-4th-unreported-arrest-on-may-4th-for-robbing-convenience-store/

4 arrests in 9 days.

Thread title change again.
Tom Brady Tribute
stylish313

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, his dad is FOS and just doesn't wanna admit his son is a POS. This isn't a guy acting out of control in public, he's committing premeditated criminal acts. Whatever, throw him in a mental institution for a year or so then toss him in prison for his crimes.

Same result.
Maverick12

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an article summing all of this up:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000200010/article/titus-young-arraigned-on-eight-charges-tuesday

He faces 7 years in prison if convicted on all chargers. Bail is set at $50,000.

Team Stylish
armsteeld

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on what his dad was saying, I think he may be suffering from Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus. There can be others but I am thinking this. Here is alil info from Wikipedia...

Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH), also termed symptomatic hydrocephalus, occurs when there is an increase in intracranial pressure (ICP) due to an abnormal accumulation of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) in the ventricles of the brain, which can cause ventriculomegaly. The ICP gradually falls but still maintains a slightly elevated level and the CSF pressure reaches a high normal level of 150 to 200 mmH2O. Measurements of ICP, therefore, are not usually elevated. Because of this equilibration, patients do not exhibit the classic signs that accompany increased intracranial pressure such as headache, nausea, vomiting, or altered consciousness, although some studies have shown pressure elevations to occur intermittently. However, the enlarged ventricles put increased pressure on the adjacent cortical tissue and cause myriad effects in the patient. The classic symptom triad (gait disturbance, urinary incontinence, and dementia or mental decline) was first described by Hakim and Adams in 1965.[1] NPH is often misdiagnosed as Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, or dementia, due to its chronic nature and nonspecific presenting symptoms [see below]. Although the exact mechanism is unknown, normal-pressure hydrocephalus is thought to be a form of communicating hydrocephalus with impaired CSF reabsorption at the arachnoid granulations.

There are 2 types of normal pressure hydrocephalus: idiopathic and secondary. The term idiopathic means that it has no known cause. The secondary type of NPH can be due to a subarachnoid haemorrhage, head trauma, tumour, CNS infection, or a complication of cranial surgery.[2]

Recent population-based studies have estimated the prevalence of NPH to be about 0.5% in those over 65 years old, with an incidence of about 5.5 patients per 100,000 of people per year.[3][4] This is in accordance with comparable findings stating that although normal pressure hydrocephalus can occur in both men and women of any age, it is found more often in the elderly population, with a peak onset generally in the sixth to seventh decades.[5]

Patients with dementia who are confined to a nursing home and may have undiagnosed NPH can possibly become independent again once treated. So far only one study was able to evaluate the prevalence of NPH, both diagnosed and undiagnosed, among residents of assisted-living facilities, showing a prevalence in 9 to 14% of the residents.[6]

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
armsteeld

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding my last post, simply put NPH is an imbalance of cerebrospinal fluid. The skull needs CSF to stay balanced or the pressure can become too great to the brain and leads to dementia, gait and balance problems, and urinary incontinence. This is normally found in older people but can be caused by a Traumatic Brain Injury or Concussion.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Regarding my last post, simply put NPH is an imbalance of cerebrospinal fluid. The skull needs CSF to stay balanced or the pressure can become too great to the brain and leads to dementia, gait and balance problems, and urinary incontinence. This is normally found in older people but can be caused by a Traumatic Brain Injury or Concussion.

Well, he did p!ss all over his career... so he's showing the symptoms.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Yeah, his dad is FOS and just doesn't wanna admit his son is a POS. This isn't a guy acting out of control in public, he's committing premeditated criminal acts. Whatever, throw him in a mental institution for a year or so then toss him in prison for his crimes.

Same result.

While I tend to think that this is a cold and callus way to look at things the more I read, the more I agree.

Young has issues but I wonder if those issues relate to an actual mental disorder or if a disorder is being sought for his actions. Some people just aren't made for the NFL or society.

I hope in his case, Young just needs meds/counseling and he can get his life on track.

Sounds like the NFL is done but I wish the best for him.
stylish313

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/18/teammate-says-titus-young-opened-up-about-issues/
Quote:
Lions linebacker Stephen Tulloch said he was on the same flight from Miami to Detroit as Young recently, and Young opened up about a mental issue he was dealing with, even showing him documents about the condition.
Quote:
“He’s aware of the situation that he’s dealing with and he showed me a paper and we went over it and I looked over it, and I understand it,” Tulloch told Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “A lot of people laugh about it and ke-ke-ke about it, but it’s real. He has head issues, and the Titus Young when he came in as a rookie and the Titus Young now is two different people.
Quote:
“We had some long discussions and he showed me some things and I was like, ‘All right.’  The fact that before he didn’t realize it, now he realizes it. He just needs help. Basically he’s reaching out for help. He’s asking questions and he wants to be cured. And it’s tough when people laugh at him and think it’s a joke. ‘Oh, Titus did this.’
Most importantly, this interaction with Tulloch supposedly happened before the string of recent incidents. I still don't understand how a mental condition could make you repeatedly commit premeditated criminal acts such as burglary?

Does make me feel a little worst about being so difficult on him. I had a cousin who went into a hospital due to a bleeding ulcer, and he ended up being committed to a mental health clinic for in-patient treatment for 3-4 months. Completely unexplainable. Only answer we received was that he had some sort of chemical inbalance, but there was no answer as to the cause.

But burglary!?! I still don't get that, however I am curious to see how this all ends and maybe I'm not so stern in looking towards his incarceration. Although he obviously dug himself into a huge pit, regardless of his mental instability.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the mental disorder made him commit burglary. However it does effect judgement and the ability to process information. Sure other people with the same condition may not commit burglary or rob a convenience store, but a lot of that will be an outlet based on social upbringing. I'm sure plenty of people with the same disorder have done bad things, just because judgement and thought process doesn't work out. It said he stole some food from a convienience store and then returned to take something else not long after. That's not something a normal criminal would do.

I think it's a cry for help, it's like Tulloch said been hard on him with the media and everyone laughing and makes ng jokes about him. It adds up and eventually he exploded. I don't condone what he did, and jail may be what's best for him after getting treatment to make sure he realizes there are consequences to his actions when he isn't medicated or seeking counseling.

Another thing that Tulloch said that stood out is that he wasn't the same person from his rookie year. When those around him every day didn't see it is no wonder the Lions staff didn't see it through out the process. Something happened to him, wether it was a concussion or him quitting his meds. But i don't blame the Lions for not being able to detect it.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
I don't think the mental disorder made him commit burglary. However it does effect judgement and the ability to process information. Sure other people with the same condition may not commit burglary or rob a convenience store, but a lot of that will be an outlet based on social upbringing. I'm sure plenty of people with the same disorder have done bad things, just because judgement and thought process doesn't work out. It said he stole some food from a convienience store and then returned to take something else not long after. That's not something a normal criminal would do.

I think it's a cry for help, it's like Tulloch said been hard on him with the media and everyone laughing and makes ng jokes about him. It adds up and eventually he exploded. I don't condone what he did, and jail may be what's best for him after getting treatment to make sure he realizes there are consequences to his actions when he isn't medicated or seeking counseling.

Another thing that Tulloch said that stood out is that he wasn't the same person from his rookie year. When those around him every day didn't see it is no wonder the Lions staff didn't see it through out the process. Something happened to him, wether it was a concussion or him quitting his meds. But i don't blame the Lions for not being able to detect it.

At this point in time all that really matters is him getting the help he needs. It sounds like everyone, including the Lions has been supportive but like so many disorders if a person goes off the medication they don't realize they have a problem.

The entire situation is just sad.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
davisblack

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/24/titus-young-appears-in-court-refuses-to-address-judge/

Well Titus went to court and refused to respond to the judge.

Quote:
Judge: “Good morning, sir.”

Young: No reply.

Judge: “Can you hear me?”

Judge: “Are you Titus Demetrius Young?”

Quote:

When Young refused to even confirm his name, the judge called the attorneys over and had a sidebar discussion with them, during which time Young continued to stand silently. At one point Young’s father, who was in the courtroom, called out to him, but Young still did not respond. Young’s attorney later said that Young was exercising his right to remain silent.

His family also decided not to post bail.
2013 Adopt-A-Lion: #92 DE Devin Taylor
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow

R.I.P. Stylish
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's actually hilarious. Exercising his right to remain silent. I find a lot of humor in that.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
That's actually hilarious. Exercising his right to remain silent. I find a lot of humor in that.

Honestly from what I have seen/heard from him in the last year or so, it may be the smartest thing he has done in a LOOOOOOONG time. There are alot of people that could learn from his example. Just keep your mouth shut.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: