Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cousins vs Griffin - Hypothetical
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that will happen regardless how well Cousins play. You don't give up two 1st and a 2nd rd draft pick for a QB, who won ROY, and don't play him. Not when so much has been invested in him . And the team would look even more foolish if they got a better option in the 4th rd the same year.

If Kirk does start the season I have faith he and the team will do well but when RGIII is healthy he will start again.
Better run better run faster than RG3.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfanLA wrote:
It's just a hypothetical guys.

I found the topic interesting because at least one caller said he would trade Griffin in that scenario. Trading RGIII is insane IMO, because he is a once in a generation talent,

And his contract is fully guaranteed without offsets, so we'd be paying him to play somewhere else (while they're paying him as well).

Quote:
but sitting him longer than 4 weeks isn't out of the question if Kirk is doing well. And the better Cousins does, the more we will get for him in the 2014 offseason. (I don't think we will trade him until he has one year left on his deal, if we trade him at all).

Having Griffin sit until he's truly healthy and in game shape would make sense. I could even understand not trading Cousins next year in this situation since the QB class looks pretty solid so we might not get very good value for him (there's also a much smaller pool of teams needing QBs).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: