Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cousins vs Griffin - Hypothetical
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember when I said last week I don't like looking too far forward? This thread is pure proof of it. Let's not worry about what'll happen after Cousins goes 2-0 until after Cousins goes 2-0. Laughing Wink
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
Remember when I said last week I don't like looking too far forward? This thread is pure proof of it. Let's not worry about what'll happen after Cousins goes 2-0 until after Cousins goes 2-0. Laughing Wink

That's all fine and well, but what do you suggest we talk about instead? Rookie #s all day long... Laughing Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:

Usually I agree with you. The whole "Stay Medium" or "Quiet Pride" thing is how I try to roll.

But this topic really interested me. Mainly because the Redskins have had QB controversies in the past like Kilmer vs. Jurgensen, Theisman vs. Kilmer, Williams vs. Schuler or Wrecks vs. Becks (last one was a joke). And they've played out either in the media or on the field.

Kilmer vs. Jurgensen had people all around DC wearing election buttons that said either "I Like Sonny" or "I Like Billy" similar to "I Like Ike" and apparently that controversy was bigger than people seem to remember, at least according to my pops, who used to talk about it all the time.

And I am intrigued by anyone who says they would rather keep my hypothetical Cousins over RGIIi.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirk won't put up Pro-Bowl numbers in his his second through 5th starts in the NFL so the whole thread is irrelevant.

With that said, even if he somehow did, it would still be defending Redskins MVP and ROY RGIII. No brainer.

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets say you're right "OP"?
Lets say we start 3-1 or 4-0 hypothetically. (Philly, G.B., Det, Oak)
and lets say at least 3 of these 4 wins are (Philly, Det & Oak)
and then the BYE.........

RG3 is ready to go!

You start RG3 @Dallas. (let him put his money where his tweet is...lol)
While Cousins trade value just went up to a 1st rd pick....MINIMUM

You roll with RG3 the rest of season.
If we at least make the Playoffs,all is good.

If we don't, we have a Predicament on our hands.

Regardless of what happens after Wk-5.
If we did go 3-1 or 4-0 with Cousins starting?

I wouldn't trade him(cousins) for ANYTHING less, than a 1st rd pick. (I personally would want more....)

Lets just hope, this scenario does NOT happen.

I would rather Cousins value drop like the stock market cause he never plays in a regular season game because RG3 is the real deal.....

Than to have yet, another QB controversy on our hands.

You ALL....should be prayin' that RG3 starts Wk-1.
Because if not....

This scenario is very possible.

Not because I don't think RG3 won't be ready by wk-1....

But because I personally thing Cousins, is that good.
(I think we drafted 2 good QB's in 2012. Not just 1...)

Please...lets not make the top 10 NFL network list of most controversial QB pairs of all-time that was on last night. (Montana/Young......Waterfield/Van Brocklin......Staubach/Morton...etc.)

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:

That's all fine and well, but what do you suggest we talk about instead? Rookie #s all day long... Laughing Wink

Hmmm... How about OTAs, roster projections, and stuff that isn't hypothetical? Laughing Well then again, roster projections ARE hypothetical. I don't know, turtle! You're making my brain hurt! Ahhh! I guess this hypothetical stuff is fine, as long as it isn't too in-depth, like this Cousins case. I think we're best off on how the Capitals are gonna go up 3-1 against the Rangers tonight. Wink
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, I had a dream last night and RG3 started week-1

Everyone was reasonably healthy & we went undefeated.
16-0

Then played Saints in Divisional round--17-0

Then played 49ers in NFC Championship game--18-0

Then played Patriots in Super Bowl 48--19-0

RG3 does, what no team has ever done.
Run the table

Lets hope my dream happens, over OP's hypothetical.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
Btw, I had a dream last night and RG3 started week-1

Everyone was reasonably healthy & we went undefeated.
16-0

Then played Saints in Divisional round--17-0

Then played 49ers in NFC Championship game--18-0

Then played Patriots in Super Bowl 48--19-0

RG3 does, what no team has ever done.
Run the table

Lets hope my dream happens, over OP's hypothetical.

Come on, Ace. We all know that ain't happening. Laughing You clearly have some interesting dreams, though! I had a dream last night my brother's girlfriend was pregnant. Shocked
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:

Hmmm... How about OTAs, roster projections, and stuff that isn't hypothetical? Laughing Well then again, roster projections ARE hypothetical. I don't know, turtle! You're making my brain hurt! Ahhh! I guess this hypothetical stuff is fine, as long as it isn't too in-depth, like this Cousins case. I think we're best off on how the Capitals are gonna go up 3-1 against the Rangers tonight. Wink
OTA's are weeks away also. What would we talk about with them when they aren't going on?

If there isn't some hypothetical topics going on in the offseason, then there is nothing to talk about. Everything on the offseason is hypothetical and could "potentially" happen. From free agency, to the draft, to OTAs, minicamp and training camp projections on how someone might perform to the roster. It's all hypothetical till September.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
Lets say you're right "OP"?
Lets say we start 3-1 or 4-0 hypothetically. (Philly, G.B., Det, Oak)
and lets say at least 3 of these 4 wins are (Philly, Det & Oak)
and then the BYE.........

RG3 is ready to go!

You start RG3 @Dallas. (let him put his money where his tweet is...lol)
While Cousins trade value just went up to a 1st rd pick....MINIMUM

You roll with RG3 the rest of season.
If we at least make the Playoffs,all is good.

If we don't, we have a Predicament on our hands.

Regardless of what happens after Wk-5.
If we did go 3-1 or 4-0 with Cousins starting?

I wouldn't trade him(cousins) for ANYTHING less, than a 1st rd pick. (I personally would want more....)

Lets just hope, this scenario does NOT happen.

I would rather Cousins value drop like the stock market cause he never plays in a regular season game because RG3 is the real deal.....

Than to have yet, another QB controversy on our hands.

You ALL....should be prayin' that RG3 starts Wk-1.
Because if not....

This scenario is very possible.

Not because I don't think RG3 won't be ready by wk-1....

But because I personally thing Cousins, is that good.
(I think we drafted 2 good QB's in 2012. Not just 1...)

Please...lets not make the top 10 NFL network list of most controversial QB pairs of all-time that was on last night. (Montana/Young......Waterfield/Van Brocklin......Staubach/Morton...etc.)
I really don't see there being a qb controversy because of how well Rg3 led this team last year.

Those other controversies were usually with an older qb vs a washed up qb, very young qbs where the top pick sucked or when we just didn't have a definite starter and our coaches chose to go with two guys and neither should be starting in the league.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm starting a franchise today, RGIII would be the 2nd guy I choose to run the team behind A-Rod. Shocked to see this even being discussed. Don't take advantage of the superstar you guys have in RGIII...
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
If I'm starting a franchise today, RGIII would be the 2nd guy I choose to run the team behind A-Rod. Shocked to see this even being discussed. Don't take advantage of the superstar you guys have in RGIII...

Just FYI, I only threw it out there as a hypothetical because I am intrigued by the mindset that would want to keep rolling with Cousins. And because, it's the middle of the doldrums of the offseason and until something happens, there's no football to talk about.

If you have read most of the answers here they are pretty strong on the side of your post. Almost everyone has said "you roll with the once in a lifetime talent."

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hypothetical is interesting to me because my pet peeve in sports and LIFE is...."Don't fix it, if it ain't broken".

I can't tell you the number of scenario's in life of things and sports I have lived where everything ewas fine & then I myself or someone else decides to get cute and everything goes up in smoke.

Your sink works fine and your brother-in-law wants to tinker with it cause that's what he does....What happens?
Your sink clogs up in a week.

Everything is fine/great with this girl your dating because you haven't told her how you feel....
So you decide to tell her how you feel. What happens?
She breaks up with ya in 3 days.

You car has worked fine, but you decide to take it to the shop for an oil change.
The Mechanic says you should try this new muffler that just came in. He's got a great deal for ya....You're kind of wishy washy about it....He convinces ya to do it...What happens?
You have the loudest car in the neighborhood now.

You work 3rd shift at your Job and you love it! You're offered 1st shift even though EVERYTHING at work has been great. What happens?
You get fired by Company man's son who runs the place on days, because he don't like you.

(btw..none of this has happened to me....there just lame things that could happen as an example)
Point is of this story and why it's interesting to me is, I would actually be nervous about switching Cousins to RG3 if we started 3-1 or specially 4-0.

Cause you know a collapse is just sittin' there for ya to drop 6 out of your last 7. lol

In all honesty. You might want RG3 in there to prove the critics we got our man, but the smart football decision would be to leave Cousins in the game with that record.

Which is why I want NOTHING to do with this scenario.
I want RG3 back wk-1..pronto!

I don't even want to entertain the idea of this as a possibility.
The last thing this organization needs is more confusion & disfunction.

What scares me...I think Cousins could do it.

If we had Matt Painter or some loser, I would just shrug it off as.."Yea, right."

I actually think that if Cousins started all 16 games, we could still win the division as a team.
(If we stayed healthy)

Fortunately for us, I think RG3 knows this too & is working his butt off to get back for WK-1.

The most important ability in football gentleman, is availability.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it, never fails.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
I knew it, never fails.
calm down, it's purely a hypothetical during the offseason. When rg3 is healthy, it's his team, there is no controversy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: