Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who wins the job at QB?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins the job?
Vick
57%
 57%  [ 26 ]
Foles
33%
 33%  [ 15 ]
Dixon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Barkley
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 45

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hear watchin Vick in practice is insane. Jaws was sayin once on Colin Cowherd he watched him throwin 70 yard outs with ease and 70 yard bombs down the seems like line drives...

Vick has always been the worst in preseason.. haha hes a mess..

i still say he messes it up between now and the season and Chip moves on.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Vick is Godly in practice, its said every year. Remember last TC everyone was saying finally hes gonna be a pocket passer, he hasnt missed a single throw, finally being a leader, making at the line adjustments, all that BS, then what happened?

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 13 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
Yeah Vick is Godly in practice, its said every year. Remember last TC everyone was saying finally hes gonna be a pocket passer, he hasnt missed a single throw, finally being a leader, making at the line adjustments, all that BS, then what happened?

You mean when he managed 3 4th QT game winning drives in his first 4 games before losing his entire offensive line. Yes I remember that. Maybe not being asked to hold onto the ball for 10 seconds on 7 step drops every other play limits those TO's you guys willow complain about? I mean it's not like getting rid of the ball quickly and into your playmakers hands actually helps a QB, right? Nor actually protecting the chicken before he runs around with his head cut off trying to make something out of nothing? I would of loved seeing Brees, Brady and either Manning take the beating Vick did last season.and live to talk about it.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 5 Gm/ 25 Rec/ 429 Yds/ 4 TD/ 17.2 YPC/
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:

You mean when he managed 3 4th QT game winning drives in his first 4 games before losing his entire offensive line. Yes I remember that. Maybe not being asked to hold onto the ball for 10 seconds on 7 step drops every other play limits those TO's you guys willow complain about? I mean it's not like getting rid of the ball quickly and into your playmakers hands actually helps a QB, right? Nor actually protecting the chicken before he runs around with his head cut off trying to make something out of nothing? I would of loved seeing Brees, Brady and either Manning take the beating Vick did last season.and live to talk about it.

the refs won us the ravens/giants games and a rookie 7th rounder dropping an int won us the browns game.

Should we be impressed with those comebacks really?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:

the refs won us the ravens/giants games and a rookie 7th rounder dropping an int won us the browns game.

How did they give us the Ravens game. Giants were more luck as Andy pretty much gave that have away.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:

Wins a Win! Last I checked noone cares about Asante dropping a gimme INT, David Tyree BS stickem catch to the helmet, Welkers drop to seal the game. In the End Eli-may still has two SB Wins! No matter what transpired during those games or how it unfolded Mike Vick led that offense to three 4th QT game winning drives and it easily could of been 5 had the Eagles not lost on two last second FG! Funny thing is when Foles does it one singular time in 8 games you guys praise the comeback. Vick does it excuses are made. I'm just tired of the double standard BS a vast majority in this forum including yourself for years have had when it comes to anything Mcnabb or Vick related. I can't wait to see Chip Kelly "not" take the same Assinine approach Andy Reid did for a decade plus with the Superman Complex! You know that complex where DMac and Vick are asked to throw 70% of the time ,scramble around, take hits and make something out of nothing BS. Only to do the complete and utter opposite when scrub [inappropriate/removed] backups are inserted, a balanced attack is now called for and the defense is expected to step up in their absence? Something tells me Kelly is not that ignorant and this uptempo get the ball out to playmakers "Quickly" might actually help the Starting QB not hinder him. Yes that includes a scrub like Vick!

Bird Watch:
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:

Wins a Win! Last I checked noone cares about Asante dropping a gimme INT, David Tyree BS stickem catch to the helmet, Welkers drop to seal the game. In the End Eli-may still has two SB Wins! No matter what transpired during those games or how it unfolded Mike Vick led that offense to three 4th QT game winning drives and it easily could of been 5 had the Eagles not lost on two last second FG! Funny thing is when Foles does it one singular time in 8 games you guys praise the comeback. Vick does it excuses are made. I'm just tired of the double standard BS a vast majority in this forum including yourself for years have had when it comes to anything Mcnabb or Vick related. I can't wait to see Chip Kelly "not" take the same Assinine approach Andy Reid did for a decade plus with the Superman Complex! You know that complex where DMac and Vick are asked to throw 70% of the time ,scramble around, take hits and make something out of nothing BS. Only to do the complete and utter opposite when scrub [inappropriate/removed] backups are inserted, a balanced attack is now called for and the defense is expected to step up in their absence? Something tells me Kelly is not that ignorant and this uptempo get the ball out to playmakers "Quickly" might actually help the Starting QB not hinder him. Yes that includes a scrub like Vick!

Honestly, if you watched those games you should understand while people were not impressed with those comebacks. Yes, he led us on some game winning drives, but the only reason we had to come back was because of Vick! Vick threw 4 INT's against the Browns... with a completely healthy team(minus Peters). If he makes better decisions and doesn't turn over the ball we win that game by 21+. I know you are going to blame Andy and his pass happy system, but the bottom line is that Vick is the reason we had to come back in that game. Same could be said for the 3 turnovers against the Ravens a week later.

Foles Threw for 380 and 2 TD's while completing almost 70% of his passes against TB. He threw the ball 51 times without a turnover as a rookie. Not only was Foles the reason we were in that game, he was the reason we won that game. The comeback at the end was just sugar on top.

Will Vick look better throwing the ball less and running more? Absolutely, but if you polish a turd, what do you have?

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Wins a Win! Last I checked noone cares about Asante dropping a gimme INT, David Tyree BS stickem catch to the helmet, Welkers drop to seal the game. In the End Eli-may still has two SB Wins!

No a win is not a win... and those situations are so uncomparable cause they dont explain the road to the playoffs and those moments. Its not like the Patriots were scrapping by with Welker or Asante and Eli might not of been a Champion yet but pre-Champion Eli is way better then Vick could ever be.

Just a win is not a win, wins like show you how crappy your team really is, when you need so many circumstances week in and week out to get you there, it just shows you how far your team has to go to be a real contender.

Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Wins a Win! Last I checked noone cares about Asante dropping a gimme INT, David Tyree BS stickem catch to the helmet, Welkers drop to seal the game. In the End Eli-may still has two SB Wins!

No a win is not a win... and those situations are so uncomparable cause they dont explain the road to the playoffs and those moments. Its not like the Patriots were scrapping by with Welker or Asante and Eli might not of been a Champion yet but pre-Champion Eli is way better then Vick could ever be.

Just a win is not a win, wins like show you how crappy your team really is, when you need so many circumstances week in and week out to get you there, it just shows you how far your team has to go to be a real contender.

You missed the point. Eli would be the choke artist scrub ran out of NY without those missed opportunities by the Patriots instead of this supposed HOF QB people claim he is now. In the end a win is a win. Yes Vick aided in those teams having a 4th QT lead with his TO in the first place but in the end HE took the team down the field in the last few minutes of each game for the eventual win. No one especially me is claiming he was perfect by any means. However this assumption it was HE and HE alone responsible for all of the Eagles woe's in the dysfunctional 2011/12 seasons is absurd. He like McNabb for years before him is the Just the easy scapegoat for fans to witch about! Never mind the dozen other issues surrounding the team that apply as well.

Bird Watch:
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No i think Eli, Tyree catch or not, i think Eli wins a couple Championships before he would of retired one way or another. Hes to good to not... While our sucky wins are nothing more then a representation of the flashy overrated suck we have been under Reid for so long.

Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
No i think Eli, Tyree catch or not, i think Eli wins a couple Championships before he would of retired one way or another. Hes to good to not... While our sucky wins are nothing more then a representation of the flashy overrated suck we have been under Reid for so long.

Your joking right? Eli and Coughlin were being ran out of town in that 07' season before the defense went on a tear. Your telling me if they lose that SB along with the 2011 SB if Welkers makes that catch, he would be golden. Not happening. You think Matt Ryan and Flacco had pressure Eli-may's would have been 10 fold! However a Win is a Win no matter how you slice it.

Bird Watch:
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:

Nabbs, you are a moderator. You should know that saying something remotely positive about Vick is against forum rules. Just look how you touched everyone's nerves. A moderator trolling, never thought I'd seen it from you...

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:

Nabbs, you are a moderator. You should know that saying something remotely positive about Vick is against forum rules. Just look how you touched everyone's nerves. A moderator trolling, never thought I'd seen it from you...

You're right I should report myself to Webby for a two week ban. That's right up there with someone saying ,I hate Kittens. My bad.

Bird Watch:
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
You're right I should report myself to Webby for a two week ban. That's right up there with someone saying ,I hate Kittens. My bad.
Nabbs, you are tip-toeing the line of decency with this conjecture here. Consider yourself on notice.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason we had to come back in those games was because Vick was throwing 4 picks a game.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: