Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins CEO calls Future in Miami "Bleak"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daniel3

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Dee means bleak with regard to the prospects of upgrades. Ross isn't selling team anytime soon and he doesn't strike me as the type who would say he isn't moving the team and then do opposite.
SUG

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
SUG wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:
With the amount of money in Miami, someone would buy the Dolphins to keep them here.

The NFL would not allow the Dolphins to leave.

It's like saying the NBA would allow the Heat to leave, or MLB to let a team like the Braves leave ATL. It won't happen.

I beg to differ simply because this statement simply depicts 1 scenario.

Now I'm not necessarily saying or agreeing with Mia staying or going here ...
I'm simply trying to point out that Ross could simply move the team to an even more coveted
market by the NFL than S. Fla.

Los Angeles.
Fla already has 2 teams & the league has already stated it would like to fill a void in what is
recognized as the 2nd largest market in the NFL. (as far as advertisement revenue & 2nd only to N.Y.)

Just sayin, that I don't agree at all with the statement of:
"The NFL would not allow the Dolphins to leave".
Mullarkey I say !!!

Especially if you provide a more lucrative venture with long term implications & the all powerful Dollar$.
Moving the Phins to new stadium in S. Cal alone would increase the value of the franchise.

just saying, there's "more than 1 way to skin a cat".
sug

Why would the NFL move the Dolphins? Just like when ATL threatened to leave for LA, everyone knows the NFL won't let that happen so nobody takes it seriously. The only true large market team that could go to LA is SD, and that doesn't displace a fan base.

The Miami Dolphins are one of the five most historic teams in NFL history, South Florida is a premier destination for Super Bowls and potentially the Pro Bowl.

The thing you have to look at, is Miami is a top 20 media market, and as the NFL you need as many teams as you can get in the top 20. The realistic move would be to move someone like Jax, Buffalo or SD, teams in markets outside of the top 20, into the top 20.

But dolphan9954, were not talking about Billions here, Ross is asking the state to divy up 400 Mill.
And the you just made the point that IF Mia are such a "Historic Team" & the issue at hand is that Mia is
such a "Premire Destination for Pro Bowls & Super Bowls" ... the state doesn't see it as being beneficial.

The state of Fla has "Made their bed" in that argument.

Didn't the league tell Ross & the city of Mia that the lighting & the seating would have to be upgraded moving forward to be in consideration ?
Didn't Mr Ross flip the bill for that ?

I can't seriously equate Jax in this conversation, have they ever hosted a Super Bowl.
Who would want to go there in the first place ?

As for Mr Ross's stadium ... he can do with it what he likes, he's made Billions demoing it & developing
luxury communities. he could possibly work a deal out with the Canes, soccer etc ...

I certainly don't want Mia to move either but I'm not naive enough to think that Mr Ross doesn't have options either.
The man has done very well partnering up with other enterprises to help with costs of owning & operating a franchise & stadium.

The people running the state of Fla are just a bunch of A Holes, you would think they learned their lesson after rendering their state completely irrelevant in the last Presidential elections.

They're state electoral committee are like a bunch of chimps rubbing sticks together to make fire.

Yeah I said that !

sug

Last edited by SUG on Tue May 07, 2013 3:33 pm; edited 4 times in total
daniel3

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:

Look at the picture above, do you see the Dolphins representatives meeting with state officials asking for the money? Now look up again at the picture. Do you see the elephant? Thats the Miami Marlins.

Sad part is, had we been graced with a public vote, Marlins never would have gotten that stadium because most people in Miami could care less about Marlins. It was the county and die hard fans that wanted them to stay most.
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:
SUG wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:
With the amount of money in Miami, someone would buy the Dolphins to keep them here.

The NFL would not allow the Dolphins to leave.

It's like saying the NBA would allow the Heat to leave, or MLB to let a team like the Braves leave ATL. It won't happen.

I beg to differ simply because this statement simply depicts 1 scenario.

Now I'm not necessarily saying or agreeing with Mia staying or going here ...
I'm simply trying to point out that Ross could simply move the team to an even more coveted
market by the NFL than S. Fla.

Los Angeles.
Fla already has 2 teams & the league has already stated it would like to fill a void in what is
recognized as the 2nd largest market in the NFL. (as far as advertisement revenue & 2nd only to N.Y.)

Just sayin, that I don't agree at all with the statement of:
"The NFL would not allow the Dolphins to leave".
Mullarkey I say !!!

Especially if you provide a more lucrative venture with long term implications & the all powerful Dollar$.
Moving the Phins to new stadium in S. Cal alone would increase the value of the franchise.

just saying, there's "more than 1 way to skin a cat".
sug

Why would the NFL move the Dolphins? Just like when ATL threatened to leave for LA, everyone knows the NFL won't let that happen so nobody takes it seriously. The only true large market team that could go to LA is SD, and that doesn't displace a fan base.

The Miami Dolphins are one of the five most historic teams in NFL history, South Florida is a premier destination for Super Bowls and potentially the Pro Bowl.

The thing you have to look at, is Miami is a top 20 media market, and as the NFL you need as many teams as you can get in the top 20. The realistic move would be to move someone like Jax, Buffalo or SD, teams in markets outside of the top 20, into the top 20.

But dolphan9954, were not talking about Billions here, Ross is asking the state to divy up 400 Mill.
And the you just made the point that IF Mia are such a "Historic Team" & the issue at hand is that Mia is
such a "Premire Destination for Pro Bowls & Super Bowls" ... the state doesn't see it as being beneficial.

The state of Fla has "Made their bed" in that argument.

Didn't the league tell Ross & the city of Mia that the lighting & the seating would have to be upgraded moving forward to be in consideration ?
Didn't Mr Ross flip the bill for that ?

I can't seriously equate Jax in this conversation, have they ever hosted a Super Bowl.
Who would want to go there in the first place ?

As for Mr Ross's stadium ... he can do with it what he likes, he's made Billions demoing it & developing
luxury communities. he could possibly work a deal out with the Canes, soccer etc ...

I certainly don't want Mia to move either but I'm not naive enough to think that Mr Ross doesn't have options either.
The man has done very well partnering up with other enterprises to help with costs of owning & operating a franchise & stadium.

The people running the state of Fla are just a bunch of A Holes, you would think they learned their lesson after rendering their state completely irrelevant in the last Presidential elections.

They're state electoral committee are like a bunch of chimps rubbing sticks together to make fire.

Yeah I said that !

sug

Ross has not footed the bill for lighting. Assuming the bill got passed that was one of the top things on the list of improvements if I recall correctly. The next was the canopy.

The state does see it as beneficial. Whether you choose to believe it or not, bringing National Championships and Super Bowls to any city brings an influx of tourists who spend money in hotels, restaurants, bars, fishing excursions, strippers, Marlins games, day cruises etc. That's jobs and money into the local economy. No politician can deny that.

The problem at hand is Jeffrey Loria reporting losses, stashing his money in an outside company, and getting public funding for his stadium in which he didn't need. The thing that people don't understand, is Ross was asking for a loan essentially. He was going to pay the money back, and he was going to pay fines if he didn't bring these events to Miami.

Jacksonville has hosted a Super Bowl, Super Bowl XXIX. I'm not sure why you brought them up because all I said was that they are premier candidate to move to LA.

Ross has said many times he will not move the Dolphins. He lives in So Fla. and one of his primary goals is to own an NFL team. Why move it when he has worked so hard to revive the vibe around the team? (Orange Carpet was a disaster, but at least he tried.)

If Ross wanted to move the Dolphins, the NFL would NOT let it happen. That is more the point of my post. As long as the team keeps bringing the NFL money, as one of the league's most popular teams, they will not move them. Ross can't just decide to move the team, there is an extensive process that has to occur. See: Sacramento Kings.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
SUG

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not in favor of the Phins up & moving, nor do I think it will actually materialize.

But I have not seen where it is written in stone where an owner who comes forth with a viable option that
represents more money for the league cannot move his team to a more lucrative venue.

There isn't 1 single knowledgeable Mia fan of baseball or football that can say
"we come out in droves & fill up the stands".
Mia "hay days" have come & gone, this is a new era of corporate entrepreneurship.
I don't see how anyone can say the Mia Dolphins are a merchandizing powerhouse. Hell they can't even fill up 8 hm gms/yr.

You present the state of Fla with both an option & a down payment & they decline ... OK.
The state of Fla has made their bed here on this one folks.
This is not the first time nor will it be the last folks.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/07/3383909/armando-salguero-opposition-to.html

I beg to differ with some that after all that's been said & done the league would not entertain the "option"
of moving a recognized name brand that has struggled over the past decade to a brand new
stadium in LA.
IF. Mr Ross could put forth a partnership, stadium & all the infrastructure required by the
league why not ?!?!.
The man has built a self employed Multi Billion Dollar empire doing this for a living.
And I for one can't fault him if he did. Screw those "good ol'e boys back door dealin politicians".

I fail to see how Mia is such a great option when compared to a far superior TV marketing deal in
a town that is recognized as a World Wide Broadcast Mecca!
Any team that wants to stay put should have the right to do so but ...
You have to see the potential growth & value in such ambitious plan & there is only enough room for 1 more seat available in Cal.
Would you sit around & wait for a sorry arse franchise like Jax, Oak or Buff to pull the trigger first ?

sug
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both sides have an argument, Ross shouldn't be the only owner in the NFL that doesn't receive public support for the city's team's stadium while on the other hand public money shouldn't be given to a billionaire to help fund private enterprise. At the end of the day, this had nothing to do with money. The money issue has been cleared up, there was little to no loss on the city or state's part, it had everything to do with principle and Tallahassee very well could have screwed over south Florida and it had every right to do so.

Dolphins leaving Miami? I can see it. LA is a much better market than Miami so the NFL would support it and Miami fans are spread far and wide. It's the perfect fit right next to SD. It's also too late to pull the leverage card out on this one, I do think Dee and Ross have to at least be considering a possible move to LA by 2016 (3 years).
SUG

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
Both sides have an argument, Ross shouldn't be the only owner in the NFL that doesn't receive public support for the city's team's stadium while on the other hand public money shouldn't be given to a billionaire to help fund private enterprise. At the end of the day, this had nothing to do with money. The money issue has been cleared up, there was little to no loss on the city or state's part, it had everything to do with principle and Tallahassee very well could have screwed over south Florida and it had every right to do so.

Dolphins leaving Miami? I can see it. LA is a much better market than Miami so the NFL would support it and Miami fans are spread far and wide. It's the perfect fit right next to SD. It's also too late to pull the leverage card out on this one, I do think Dee and Ross have to at least be considering a possible move to LA by 2016 (3 years).

People may not grasp the magnitude of just how much the NFL wants to fill up that LA vacancy.
Im really surprised thst some teams in struggling markets haven't already jumped on that.
I am predicting it will be the Raiders but if I were Ross I'd most certainly have my "think tank" developing that as a potential option.

sug
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:

People may not grasp the magnitude of just how much the NFL wants to fill up that LA vacancy.
Im really surprised thst some teams in struggling markets haven't already jumped on that.
I am predicting it will be the Raiders but if I were Ross I'd most certainly have my "think tank" developing that as a potential option.

sug

LA isn't even close to a possibility until they have a stadium...

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
I am not in favor of the Phins up & moving, nor do I think it will actually materialize.

But I have not seen where it is written in stone where an owner who comes forth with a viable option that
represents more money for the league cannot move his team to a more lucrative venue.

Mia "hay days" have come & gone, this is a new era of corporate entrepreneurship.
I don't see how anyone can say the Mia Dolphins are a merchandizing powerhouse. Hell they can't even fill up 8 hm gms/yr.

You present the state of Fla with both an option & a down payment & they decline ... OK.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/07/3383909/armando-salguero-opposition-to.html

I beg to differ with some that after all that's been said & done the league would not entertain the "option"
of moving a recognized name brand that has struggled over the past decade to a brand new
stadium in LA.
IF. Mr Ross could put forth a partnership, stadium & all the infrastructure required by the
league why not ?!?!.
The man has built a self employed Multi Billion Dollar empire doing this for a living.
And I for one can't fault him if he did. Screw those "good ol'e boys back door dealin politicians".

I fail to see how Mia is such a great option when compared to a far superior TV marketing deal in
You have to see the potential growth & value in such ambitious plan & there is only enough room for 1 more seat available in Cal.
Would you sit around & wait for a sorry arse franchise like Jax, Oak or Buff to pull the trigger first ?

sug

The problem isn't LA being a better market. Why should the NFL lose a top 20 market, when they can move a team like Buffalo in a small market, to a MAJOR market? The goal is to maximize the amount of market domination. If you lose Miami, you have to find a way to get that market back, and TB and Jax aren't popular enough to do that.

The Dolphins are the 15th most valuable franchise in the league. Attendance dropped 10 percent last season, and they are still at 15. They have one playoff appearance in the last decade, and are still 15.

With the negative energy behind Ireland/Ross/Sparano and they are at 15? That's pretty solid.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
SUG

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
SUG wrote:

stadium in LA.
league why not ?!?!.

sug

The problem isn't LA being a better market. Why should the NFL lose a top 20 market, when they can move a team like Buffalo in a small market, to a MAJOR market? The goal is to maximize the amount of market domination. If you lose Miami, you have to find a way to get that market back, and TB and Jax aren't popular enough to do that.

The Dolphins are the 15th most valuable franchise in the league. Attendance dropped 10 percent last season, and they are still at 15. They have one playoff appearance in the last decade, and are still 15.

With the negative energy behind Ireland/Ross/Sparano and they are at 15? That's pretty solid.

If the goal is to "maximize the amount of market domination" and it's siting there for the taking ...
Take it ! If nobody else will ... take it, who gives a flyin crap about competing with flies on a
pile of dung like Tampa & especially Jax !?!?
Let the state of Florida & their backwards arse politicians inherit that burning "Dorey".

Seriously, if I were Ross & the state of Fla doesn't want to cooperate after everything Miami has
been for the state the past 47 yrs ... is that even a question ?
Offer the sale of the stadium to the Hurricanes.

I am certain the city of Los Angeles would embrace the possibility of someone like Mr. Ross moving his franchise there.

Sorry for my rant but I'm all about the Phins & I am thoroughly PISED OFF !
Shame on the leadership of that state, DIRTBAGS !

sug
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course this is about posturing but if I was a business man, I would consider moving the Fins. There is lukewarm fan support at the games. Most fans are sparsed in other areas around the country. Couple that with a horrible economy and a melting pot of residents from other states. If Ross has asymmetric motivations, which every business man has, then it is about profit/revenue. One method of revenue is being able to secure Superbowls every 4 years. With that doubt hanging over the club, I can certainly see Ross or any other owner exploring options. I would not recommend a owner go to L.A because they are just as bad as Miami.
pope137

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they could be looking into the possibility of a new stadium in palm beach

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/09/3389294/miami-dolphins-open-minded-to.html
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pope137 wrote:
Looks like they could be looking into the possibility of a new stadium in palm beach

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/09/3389294/miami-dolphins-open-minded-to.html

This would be an extremely exciting long term solution to the issue of the stadium.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pope137 wrote:

Would not mind this at all....

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love how the Dolphins are now claiming they are going to lose 41 million dollars this year. What method of accounting are they using? IdidnotgetwhatIwantsoimgonnacrypoverty basis?

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 14, Tackles 17 Assists 6 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 14 : Death 45 Joe 37

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: