Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers and Adam Synder Agree to a 2 Year Deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Meh....does he hurt our comp pick chances?

I seriously doubt it... maybe could wipe out an extra 7th or something. Comp picks involve a few things... like contract received and game starts.. which should be minimal in this case.

___
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

I seriously doubt it... maybe could wipe out an extra 7th or something. Comp picks involve a few things... like contract received and game starts.. which should be minimal in this case.

Wasn't he cut by Arizona? Signing cut players don't affect your comp picks, if I remember correctly.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
757-NINER

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

Not even. We're getting at least a 3rd for Goldson's departure alone. We're good with our picks next year. If KC finishes the year at .500, we'll have one 1st rounder, two 2nd rounders, and 3 third rounders next year.

Synder's better than Leonard Davis, who's he's essentially replacing on the roster. I don't think it has anything to do with Looney or Kilgore. Synder is a verstaile lineman, who can play all 5 positions. As a starter I would be concerned. But as dirt cheap, back-up utility lineman, its a wise investment. Everyone wanted us to address the swing tackle, we just did. Boone will still probably still slide outside if anything happened to Staley or Davis. But Synder could also play some tackle without having to bring somebody up from the pratice squad.
RedWhiteNGold

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's versatile but not really good at anything and we know he's not getting better. Not really happy about it - hopefully just a camp body.

I'm sure Staley is happy though.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: 49ers and Adam Synder Agrees to a 2 Year Deal Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
AMG1713 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Scott Kegley ‏@ScottKegley 36s
Welcome back to the #49ers @ASnyds68. Signed a two-year contract today. http://bit.ly/17IkWOT

Good depth?

As long as he never sees the field. Sure, it's good depth.

Yeah, I'm hoping he's more of a camp body. If he wins the back-up job at either guard spot that means Looney or Kilgore must not be progressing as well as we'd hoped.

I was glad to see him leave when we got rid of him. He might be an OK backup but I'll be really disappointed if he beats out all of the young guys we have now because it would mean we dont have any good young backups. I do think we have an opening for a backup OT He just migt be better than the guys we have at that spot.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

Wasn't he cut by Arizona? Signing cut players don't affect your comp picks, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, that sounds right.

___
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that occurs to me is that we often have a problem with who is active for the game day roster. While I'd to have to count on Snyder as a full time replacement for any of our starters his versatiliity does make him valuablle in making up the game day roster. Might mean we have to ccarry one fewer o-ine guys and can carry an extra (well whatever else we need more)

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

Not even. We're getting at least a 3rd for Goldson's departure alone. We're good with our picks next year. If KC finishes the year at .500, we'll have one 1st rounder, two 2nd rounders, and 3 third rounders next year.

Synder's better than Leonard Davis, who's he's essentially replacing on the roster. I don't think it has anything to do with Looney or Kilgore. Synder is a verstaile lineman, who can play all 5 positions. As a starter I would be concerned. But as dirt cheap, back-up utility lineman, its a wise investment. Everyone wanted us to address the swing tackle, we just did. Boone will still probably still slide outside if anything happened to Staley or Davis. But Synder could also play some tackle without having to bring somebody up from the pratice squad.

For some reason, I keep thinking we will only end up with a 4th for Goldson. I have no idea why; obviously with the caliber of player he is and the contract he received, it should definitely be a third, but I don't know if it's a "net" sort of thing rather than "gross". If's it's a net thing, I keep thinking that we're going to end up with like a 4th for goldson, and maybe a 6th for RJF/ICE (Dorsey will cancel out one of them i think; more likely ICE).

But seriously, we are set up to have the same style draft next year as this year; At worst, we'd have 1 first, 1 second, 3 thirds and 2 fourths, and it's possible we will have 1 first, 2 seconds (ours + KC's), 3 thirds (ours, Tennessee's, Dashon comp), and a fourth. That's a lot of maneuverability. I love it.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Ronnie's Pinky

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
For some reason, I keep thinking we will only end up with a 4th for Goldson. I have no idea why; obviously with the caliber of player he is and the contract he received, it should definitely be a third, but I don't know if it's a "net" sort of thing rather than "gross". If's it's a net thing, I keep thinking that we're going to end up with like a 4th for goldson, and maybe a 6th for RJF/ICE (Dorsey will cancel out one of them i think; more likely ICE).

But seriously, we are set up to have the same style draft next year as this year; At worst, we'd have 1 first, 1 second, 3 thirds and 2 fourths, and it's possible we will have 1 first, 2 seconds (ours + KC's), 3 thirds (ours, Tennessee's, Dashon comp), and a fourth. That's a lot of maneuverability. I love it.

It's interesting to see that Peter King and the CBSSports guys seem to have us pegged early for a 3rd comp for Goldson. Maybe we will get one. Dorsey and Dawson, combined, make half a million less than Billy Jean got (why he got that much is beyond me...), and I had miscalculated about Nnamdi because he was cut. So basically, we're out Ice's contract (4), Delanie's (4.5) and Dashon's (8.25) - that's about 17 million per season, net, though we're only down two starters. It may well end up being a 3rd. I can only imagine that the FO knows what they're doing in terms of how they position themselves for comp picks, but we shall see.
Jeebs

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sando's Summary

Quote:
The San Francisco 49ers ideally would have kept Adam Snyder around as a backup last season.

The alternative wound up being even better.

Snyder's departure to the Arizona Cardinals last offseason contributed to San Francisco netting three compensatory draft choices in 2013. It also cleared the way for Snyder's replacement in the lineup at right guard, Alex Boone, to develop into a long-term starter.

Then, after the Cardinals released Snyder last week, the 49ers re-signed the versatile veteran to a two-year deal worth much less than Snyder received from Arizona.

So, in the end, the 49ers loaned Snyder to a division rival for one season, got better in the interim, recouped draft capital for their troubles and then brought back Snyder at a discount -- all while the Cardinals paid $6 million in cash, got worse on their line and incurred $4 million in future salary-cap charges.

The 49ers get credit for recognizing Snyder's value last offseason, but not even they could have drawn up a scenario as favorable as the one that played out.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/99043/around-the-nfc-west-advantage-49ers

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeebs wrote:
Sando's Summary

Quote:
The San Francisco 49ers ideally would have kept Adam Snyder around as a backup last season.

The alternative wound up being even better.

Snyder's departure to the Arizona Cardinals last offseason contributed to San Francisco netting three compensatory draft choices in 2013. It also cleared the way for Snyder's replacement in the lineup at right guard, Alex Boone, to develop into a long-term starter.

Then, after the Cardinals released Snyder last week, the 49ers re-signed the versatile veteran to a two-year deal worth much less than Snyder received from Arizona.

So, in the end, the 49ers loaned Snyder to a division rival for one season, got better in the interim, recouped draft capital for their troubles and then brought back Snyder at a discount -- all while the Cardinals paid $6 million in cash, got worse on their line and incurred $4 million in future salary-cap charges.

The 49ers get credit for recognizing Snyder's value last offseason, but not even they could have drawn up a scenario as favorable as the one that played out.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/99043/around-the-nfc-west-advantage-49ers

So very true! How ironic?! Laughing
Forge

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie's Pinky wrote:
Forge wrote:

It's interesting to see that Peter King and the CBSSports guys seem to have us pegged early for a 3rd comp for Goldson. Maybe we will get one. Dorsey and Dawson, combined, make half a million less than Billy Jean got (why he got that much is beyond me...), and I had miscalculated about Nnamdi because he was cut. So basically, we're out Ice's contract (4), Delanie's (4.5) and Dashon's (8.25) - that's about 17 million per season, net, though we're only down two starters. It may well end up being a 3rd. I can only imagine that the FO knows what they're doing in terms of how they position themselves for comp picks, but we shall see.

Maybe we'll end up with 3 comp picks then. A 3rd for Goldson, 5th for walker, 6/7th for either RJF or ICE. I'd like that lol. I wish the nfl would just divulge the calculations for them; what percentage of what pick you get is based on salary, what percentage is based on playing time, etc. And then whether or not its a net adjustment or gross adjustment; for example, is it the pick you get directly correlated to the caliber of player you lost, or is it "netted" off the caliber player minus whoever you signed to take their place. If Dahl somehow manages to win that starting FS spot over reid, he could totally screw over our goldson compensation lol. Dorsey and ICE should cancel each other out in my opinion (ICE got a decent contract, but his playing time will stink). Dawson/Dahl may cancel out RJF, or knock it down to a 7. I'm not sure how it will all play out, we'll get at least 2 i'm sure, possibly 3...and once again we will be a dominant force in next years draft Cool

49ersfan

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For comps, i think we lost Goldson, Walker, Ice, RJF, and Ginn. We gained Dawson, Dorsey, Dahl, and Skuta. Marlon Moore and Cam Morrah were signed for the vet minimum so i don't think they count. Asomugha and Snyder were cut. McCoy and Boldin were traded for so they don't count.

So i see that as 5 losses and 4 gains. So we would still get 1 comp pick at least, right?
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Forge

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
For comps, i think we lost Goldson, Walker, Ice, RJF, and Ginn. We gained Dawson, Dorsey, Dahl, and Skuta. Marlon Moore and Cam Morrah were signed for the vet minimum so i don't think they count. Asomugha and Snyder were cut. McCoy and Boldin were traded for so they don't count.

So i see that as 5 losses and 4 gains. So we would still get 1 comp pick at least, right?

It's not just a clean cut gains vs losses I believe. the size of the contract comes into play, as does playing time/contribution from the players lost/gained. Does anyone know if a free agent signed who doesn't make the roster still counts against the compensatory selections? for example, if we choose to let Dahl go because he gets beaten out by the safeties already here, would he still count against us?

DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:

It's gains and losses along with playing time and contract.

Goldson is almost a lock to net us a 3rd or 4th round comp pick.

Walker also signed a bigish deal and will prob be dependent on playing time.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: