Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers and Adam Synder Agree to a 2 Year Deal
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: 49ers and Adam Synder Agree to a 2 Year Deal Reply with quote

Quote:
Scott Kegley ‏@ScottKegley 36s
Welcome back to the #49ers @ASnyds68. Signed a two-year contract today. http://bit.ly/17IkWOT

Good depth?

Last edited by J-ALL-DAY on Mon May 06, 2013 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
AMG1713

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 49ers and Adam Synder Agrees to a 2 Year Deal Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Welcome back to the #49ers @ASnyds68. Signed a two-year contract today. http://bit.ly/17IkWOT

Good depth?

As long as he never sees the field. Sure, it's good depth.
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 49ers and Adam Synder Agrees to a 2 Year Deal Reply with quote

AMG1713 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:

Good depth?

As long as he never sees the field. Sure, it's good depth.

Yeah, I'm hoping he's more of a camp body. If he wins the back-up job at either guard spot that means Looney or Kilgore must not be progressing as well as we'd hoped.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
xXFlyteXx

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well atleast he knows the offense and can really push Kilgore and Looney make those two guys work that much harder. As for him seeing the field it would mean bad things all around. We were very fortunate last season when it came to injuries (J.Smith Excluded) nothing two horrid happened. I like this move.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we must really like what we see in marquardt enough to envision him making the roster this year, because this signing is kind of curious. I didn't envision us having much problem on the interior of the line, but those tackle spots get a little sketchy after our two starters.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have a lot of confidence in Boone to successfully kick out to RT or LT, if need be. Add to that, we have enough interior guys that I feel can adequately fill in at RG if Boone does kick out. I think we'll be fine in the OL department.

Welcome back, Adam. You really looked terrible in AZ, but I do like your versatility.. and having you on our roster is fine insurance if we end up with OTA/TC casualties on the line.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
I still have a lot of confidence in Boone to successfully kick out to RT or LT, if need be. Add to that, we have enough interior guys that I feel can adequately fill in at RG if Boone does kick out. I think we'll be fine in the OL department.

Welcome back, Adam. You really looked terrible in AZ, but I do like your versatility.. and having you on our roster is fine insurance if we end up with OTA/TC casualties on the line.

He never really got a chance in AZ due to playing hurt all year.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperFlyTNT wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

Actually didn't know that he was hurt all year. Interesting.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question is, where are we getting the cap room for all these peeps?
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gridirongorilla wrote:
My question is, where are we getting the cap room for all these peeps?

Willis restructured. Snyder's probably only getting the vet minimum anyway.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
SuperFlyTNT

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
SuperFlyTNT wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

Actually didn't know that he was hurt all year. Interesting.

Yep - an elbow injury in the last game of the preseason that lingered all regular season - http://prod.www.cardinals.clubs.nfl.com/news-and-events/article-2/Cardinals-Release-Adam-Snyder/544937a0-67af-41c1-804a-a71fb23adf0b :

Quote:
Cutting Snyder was not a surprise. In his lone season in Arizona he battled an elbow injury , gamely playing in 14 games including his first three career starts at center after injuries ended the seasons of Lyle Sendlein and Rich Ohrnberger. But the guard position was targeted early by new General Manager Steve Keim as a place to upgrade.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperFlyTNT wrote:
Yep - an elbow injury in the last game of the preseason that lingered all regular season - http://prod.www.cardinals.clubs.nfl.com/news-and-events/article-2/Cardinals-Release-Adam-Snyder/544937a0-67af-41c1-804a-a71fb23adf0b :

Quote:
Cutting Snyder was not a surprise. In his lone season in Arizona he battled an elbow injury , gamely playing in 14 games including his first three career starts at center after injuries ended the seasons of Lyle Sendlein and Rich Ohrnberger. But the guard position was targeted early by new General Manager Steve Keim as a place to upgrade.

Ah... now that does ring some kind of remembrance bell for me... gotcha, thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping hed stick around in a backup role last year, and if that injury was th cause of his awfulness in ARI this is a solid pick up. (although even if healthy it would be hard to look good with the garbage around him in ARI)

-kiltman
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh....does he hurt our comp pick chances?

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Meh....does he hurt our comp pick chances?

dont think so since arizona cut him

-kiltman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: