Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns draft pick DE Armonty Bryant has been arrested
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no sympathy for people who are arrested for DUI. Too many people die each year because of it, I personally have lost a friend whose car was totaled after a driver whom I mind you blew a .11 crossed over the solid line and hit him head on. Drinking and driving is not a joke, if you are going to be drinking to the point where you are legally intoxicated you need to make sure you have a ride, call a cab, or walk. Idc if he only blew a .09 or a .10 he was still legally drunk, being that he is a 7th round pick, already had legal red flags, was given a 2nd chance and blew it before he even signed a contract I could care less if he ever sees the field
bulldog

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I think my comments may have distracted this thread from being about football. I'm going to try and straighten that out before it gets locked.

I'm not trying to point out that a .1 isn't a big deal or is a big deal. Its illegal. period.

My point was that I'm not going to hold him to any different standard than I do with anyone else I know.

just my opinion.

If he loses his job b/c of it, its his fault. I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

If he keeps is job and gets a third chance, I'm not going to be upset about it.

He was a highly touted football player with some off field issues. I'd like to see what he has.

I'd also like to see him go to some sort of drug and alcohol counseling. Maybe they can make that mandatory in his contract since it hasn't been made yet.
Entropy

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
OK, so I think my comments may have distracted this thread from being about football. I'm going to try and straighten that out before it gets locked.

I'm not trying to point out that a .1 isn't a big deal or is a big deal. Its illegal. period.

My point was that I'm not going to hold him to any different standard than I do with anyone else I know.

just my opinion.

If he loses his job b/c of it, its his fault. I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

He was a highly touted football player with some off field issues. I'd like to see what he has.

I'd also like to see him go to some sort of drug and alcohol counseling. Maybe they can make that mandatory in his contract since it hasn't been made yet.

If we had a 'like' button, I would press it for this post.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
bruceb wrote:
bulldog wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
And to bulldog, you have to set a limit somewhere with the blood alcohol tests. If you are unsure, you shouldn't risk it. Does being a jerk to a police officer help him decide to push a charge? Most likely. I know with the cops I speak to that it plays a large part. That is why you don't put yourself in that position, call a cab, hook up with a sober ugly girl for a ride or just use your feet.

Should he have done it? or course not.

all I'm saying is that nobody would care if it was your friend or yourself. I'm sure most of here do it. Have a few drinks, and drive home. Not drunk, or buzzed. Whether you were at dinner with someone or a friends house watching the game. It happens. Which is my point.

I'm not going to put this guy on any different standard just b/c he's a pro athlete.

Agree.

.09-.10 is no big deal.

Should he have done it? No.

Should he be crucified by the FO for having done it? No, not if he is any good! Laughing

No big deal?

According to the most recent numbers at just .06 a driver is TWICE as likely to be involved in a fatality wreck... At .1% you are TWELVE times more likely to be in a fatality crash... And how many times is that fatality an innocent person driving down he road - not the drunk?

Idiots...

Link?

Try your friendly local DMV. http://www.dmv.org/oh-ohio/automotive-law/dui.php

Having worked crash scenes when I was still an ohio police officer, having many friends die in alcohol related traffic wrecks, and almost being killed myself by a drunk the "no big deal" attitude is what gets gets so many people killed....

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
bulldog wrote:

just my opinion.

If we had a 'like' button, I would press it for this post.

Me too, good post bulldog.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone smarter then me explain what a deferred one year sentence is? The this mean he can wait but owes a year in jail???

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLAbrownfan wrote:
Can someone smarter then me explain what a deferred one year sentence is? The this mean he can wait but owes a year in jail???

I know what it means, unfortunately I don't meet your criteria to answer.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A deferred sentence is a sentence that is suspended until after a defendant has completed a period of probation. If the defendant fulfills the stipulations surrounding probation, a judge may then throw out the sentence and guilty plea, clearing the incident from their record. If the defendant violates probation, he or she must serve the full sentence immediately.
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
A deferred sentence is a sentence that is suspended until after a defendant has completed a period of probation. If the defendant fulfills the stipulations surrounding probation, a judge may then throw out the sentence and guilty plea, clearing the incident from their record. If the defendant violates probation, he or she must serve the full sentence immediately.

Armonty's over/under for violating his probation: 30 days.

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
pnies20

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:

Yes. Basically he can't commit another criminal violation or he goes to jail for a year. Which doesn't usually happen either Rolling Eyes

<3 JF
FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

Yes. Basically he can't commit another criminal violation or he goes to jail for a year. Which doesn't usually happen either Rolling Eyes

ok- thanks

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
bruceb

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right answer:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/troubled-bryant-among-rookies-browns-192939349--nfl.html
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Right answer:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/troubled-bryant-among-rookies-browns-192939349--nfl.html

I think he better be impressive at camp. He still has that lingering over his head, so he will probably have to do more to earn his spot than he would have prior to the DUI.
fatpig

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the coaching staff must find him at least a little bit impressive.

imo he should've been cut immediately after the DUI. with all the DL depth on the Browns, we simply don't need Armonty.
bruceb

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More:

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/story/Bryants-last-chance-begins-at-minicamp?blockID=901129&amp;feedID=3689

Hope this works out.

This is the type of pick we have to hit big on to gain ground on the rest of the division/league.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: