Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns draft pick DE Armonty Bryant has been arrested
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
And to bulldog, you have to set a limit somewhere with the blood alcohol tests. If you are unsure, you shouldn't risk it. Does being a jerk to a police officer help him decide to push a charge? Most likely. I know with the cops I speak to that it plays a large part. That is why you don't put yourself in that position, call a cab, hook up with a sober ugly girl for a ride or just use your feet.

Should he have done it? or course not.

all I'm saying is that nobody would care if it was your friend or yourself. I'm sure most of here do it. Have a few drinks, and drive home. Not drunk, or buzzed. Whether you were at dinner with someone or a friends house watching the game. It happens. Which is my point.

I'm not going to put this guy on any different standard just b/c he's a pro athlete.

Agree.

.09-.10 is no big deal.

Should he have done it? No.

Should he be crucified by the FO for having done it? No, not if he is any good! Laughing
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a great link : http://dui.drivinglaws.org/calc.php
Armonty weighs 263 LBs. according to this site, if he had 13 beers in five hours, his BAC would be.1003.
If he drank hard liquor only, he would have to do 11 shots in three hours for a BAC of .1058.
If he had a shot every time he drank a beer, if he had 12 drinks( 6 beer, 6 shots), in four hours his BAC would be .1031.

Why do I get the feeling Hornby and DP are gonna use the link above to figure out their own BACs until they're too drunk to figure out how the site works?

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
bulldog wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
And to bulldog, you have to set a limit somewhere with the blood alcohol tests. If you are unsure, you shouldn't risk it. Does being a jerk to a police officer help him decide to push a charge? Most likely. I know with the cops I speak to that it plays a large part. That is why you don't put yourself in that position, call a cab, hook up with a sober ugly girl for a ride or just use your feet.

all I'm saying is that nobody would care if it was your friend or yourself. I'm sure most of here do it. Have a few drinks, and drive home. Not drunk, or buzzed. Whether you were at dinner with someone or a friends house watching the game. It happens. Which is my point.

I'm not going to put this guy on any different standard just b/c he's a pro athlete.

Agree.

.09-.10 is no big deal.

Should he be crucified by the FO for having done it? No, not if he is any good! Laughing

No big deal?

According to the most recent numbers at just .06 a driver is TWICE as likely to be involved in a fatality wreck... At .1% you are TWELVE times more likely to be in a fatality crash... And how many times is that fatality an innocent person driving down he road - not the drunk?

Idiots...

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
Armonty weighs 263 LBs. according to this site, if he had 13 beers in five hours, his BAC would be.1003.
If he drank hard liquor only, he would have to do 11 shots in three hours for a BAC of .1058.
If he had a shot every time he drank a beer, if he had 12 drinks( 6 beer, 6 shots), in four hours his BAC would be .1031.

Why do I get the feeling Hornby and DP are gonna use the link above to figure out their own BACs until they're too drunk to figure out how the site works?

This calculator is horribly inexact.

Says that if I had "4 beers" over 3 hours my BAC would be about .035.

Really? Try 4 Molson XXX or something comparable over 3 hours, go take a drive, get caught and let me know how that turns out for you!
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
bruceb wrote:
bulldog wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

Agree.

.09-.10 is no big deal.

No big deal?

According to the most recent numbers at just .06 a driver is TWICE as likely to be involved in a fatality wreck... At .1% you are TWELVE times more likely to be in a fatality crash... And how many times is that fatality an innocent person driving down he road - not the drunk?

Idiots...

Link?
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

Really? Try 4 Molson XXX or something comparable over 3 hours, go take a drive, get caught and let me know how that turns out for you!

No need to nitpick. It's still provides a basis for which to illustrate Bryant had more than 3 drinks....even if he had Molson triple X.

2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
bruceb wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

No need to nitpick. It's still provides a basis for which to illustrate Bryant had more than 3 drinks....even if he had Molson triple X.

So what? Over what period of time? What octane? The calculator is crap.

I weigh 175 and it had me measured stone sober, which I would not have been with Molson XXX, Arrogant Double Bastard or a host of other beers I drink.
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:
bruceb wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

I weigh 175 and it had me measured stone sober, which I would not have been with Molson XXX, Arrogant Double Bastard or a host of other beers I drink.

Every manner about your reply is offensive. I will not engage further in any conversation with you.

bruceb

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
bruceb wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:
bruceb wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

Every manner about your reply is offensive. I will not engage further in any conversation with you.

So be it.

Facts remain, at least until DP provides a link, that the guy didn't do that bad a thing and should be given a chance if he has the talent he has been rated and reported to have.

We are a professional football team, not the boy scouts.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Blah.

You are a quick learner.
StewieRules

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So be it.

Facts remain, at least until DP provides a link, that the guy didn't do that bad a thing and should be given a chance if he has the talent he has been rated and reported to have.

We are a professional football team, not the boy scouts.

It's not about how much over he went, it's about following a rule and conducting yourself as a professional, especially after already drawing the wrong kind of attention to yourself in the first place. See, the key word here being professional.

This kind of "oh it wasn't THAT bad" rationale is no rationale at all. It's a bit like hiring someone to work at your store with a history of stealing, and before they even start for you they get caught with a few un-paid for T-Shirts in their car. "Oh, they were in the clearance bin anyway..."

Rolling Eyes
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even think bringing him is an option now, anyway.

I believe the Oklahoma Corrections System has first crack at his rights after his probation violation.
bruceb

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Blah.

You are a quick learner.

And you very often are very wrong in your oh-so otherwise unctuous opinions...so?

My opinion is that a .09-.10 blow is not the end of the world and that we should give the guy a chance.

Yours in your last post, from a football/team, on-topic standpoint is...what?
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When one finds oneself in a hole, the secret is to stop digging.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll let Joe Banner's words at the post-draft presser speak for themselves:

Quote:
Again, he's very high character, all the things that we keep talking about that we're looking for.

When you give an idiot who gets arrested for selling drugs at practice a chance in the 7th round, and he returns the favor by getting arrested less than a week after vowing to atone for his mistakes, it's pretty easy to see how this story ends.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: