Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers sign former Jaguars OT Guy Whimper
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chieferific

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
Josh C Smith wrote:
i think we signed Whimper because he can play LT and RT and have him as a swingman T.

standing in the LT position and gettign annihilated doesn't equate to "can play LT". not harping on you, but this is the same BS reason we kept Trai Essex around for so long.

"he is versatile"

being pure garbage at multiple positions doesn't make you versatile, it makes you pure garbage.

I'm just as good at performing open heart surgery as I am at splitting the atom. I'm versatile.

CKSteeler wrote:
And no, truth is not a 'fact.' Which is why they are two different words.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
Josh C Smith wrote:
i think we signed Whimper because he can play LT and RT and have him as a swingman T.

standing in the LT position and gettign annihilated doesn't equate to "can play LT". not harping on you, but this is the same BS reason we kept Trai Essex around for so long.

"he is versatile"

being pure garbage at multiple positions doesn't make you versatile, it makes you pure garbage.

Not saying you are wrong, but Whimper isnt guaranteed to make the roster. He is just a cheap vet signing. Lets hope one of our UDFA's can step up and kick him out the door.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
Josh C Smith wrote:

"he is versatile"

Not saying you are wrong, but Whimper isnt guaranteed to make the roster. He is just a cheap vet signing. Lets hope one of our UDFA's can step up and kick him out the door.

I hope you're right. I'm just....concerned. for reasons which should be fairly obvious and easily understood
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
Josh C Smith wrote:

"he is versatile"

I'm just as good at performing open heart surgery as I am at splitting the atom. I'm versatile.

very well played.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
Josh C Smith wrote:

"he is versatile"

I hope you're right. I'm just....concerned. for reasons which should be fairly obvious and easily understood

Youre crazy.

The Steelers have never made anything but sound decisions regarding our OLine.

You get away from here with that foolishness...GIT FROM HERE!!!!

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonathan Scott 2.0.
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
jonathan Scott 2.0.

I'd much rather have Scott on the roster than Whimper. What exactly did the front office see in him to make them put in the effort to bring him in? Why couldn't we of just waited for Max Starks? Just doesn't make any sense to me.

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reading how Jaguar fans despised the guy. It was comparable to how most of us loathed Colon and how Titan fans couldn't stand Eugene Amaro. I guess I should be careful what I wish for next time since I wanted a veteran OT. I just didn't think they would sign one of the worst ones in the league. Confused

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Those stats would have been even worse if Marcedes Lewis wasn't staying in to block so often, and Gabbert didn't release the ball as quickly as he does.

Is this some sort of sick joke?
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Those stats would have been even worse if Marcedes Lewis wasn't staying in to block so often, and Gabbert didn't release the ball as quickly as he does.

i assume he's talking about Gabbert's happy feet and tendency to panic? *shrug*
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swing Tackle sends a message to Max Starks whose likely demanding more than the Steelers are willing to offer. As the market for Offensive Tackles continues to play itself out, we'll see what happens. I could see Starks signing with the Lions.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
iPwn wrote:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/07/signature-stat-snapshot-time-to-throw/

You were saying?

And then if you do the math to remove sacks, so it's only counting until he releases the ball, he still ends up at 2.58. So yes, he releases the ball quickly. I don't know where you got the idea that he doesn't.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Swing Tackle sends a message to Max Starks whose likely demanding more than the Steelers are willing to offer.

last time we sent a message to Max Starks, it was a message begging him to come back.

Conquest8089 wrote:
As the market for Offensive Tackles continues to play itself out, we'll see what happens. I could see Starks signing with the Lions.

exactly what I am thinking
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the Steelers are trying to steer away from some players. Guy Whimper has some starts under his belt he's not going to beat out Adams nor Gilbert for either OT position.

I will admit this isn't that great of a signing, but for some odd reason they brought him in. We also have to factor in that the Steelers have a new OL coach so he had some say in the matter.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
iPwn wrote:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/07/signature-stat-snapshot-time-to-throw/

You were saying?

And then if you do the math to remove sacks, so it's only counting until he releases the ball, he still ends up at 2.58. So yes, he releases the ball quickly. I don't know where you got the idea that he doesn't.

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. He does have a quick release. WHEN HE THROWS IT! He has no confidence and hesitates waaay too much. Apparently he has trouble reading defenses. I think that was the point being made.

CKSteeler wrote:
And no, truth is not a 'fact.' Which is why they are two different words.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: