You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kareem Martin, DE, North Carolina (Senior)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Kareem Martin, DE, North Carolina (Senior) Reply with quote

Kareem Martin
College : North Carolina Tarheels
Class : Senior
Position : DE
Height : 6057"
Weight : 272 lbs.
Arm length : 35"
Hand size : 10"
40 yard dash : 4.72
10 yard dash : 1.53
225 lb. bench reps : 22
Vertical jump : 35-1/2"
Broad jump : 10'-9"
3 cone drill : 7.20

Quote:
2013 Statistics (13 games)
Solo tackles : 46
Assisted tackles : 36
Total tackles : 82
Tackles for loss : 21.5
Tackles for loss yardage : 104
Sacks : 11.5
Sack loss yardage : 85
Passes broken up : 3
QB hurries : 14
Forced fumbles : 3

2012 Statistics (12 games)
Solo tackles : 19
Assisted tackles : 21
Total tackles : 40
Tackles for loss : 15.5
Tackles for loss yardage : 56
Sacks : 4
Sack loss yardage : 32
Passes broken up : 3
Quarterback hurries : 8
Forced fumbles : 1

2011 Statistics (13 games)
Solo tackles : 20
Assisted tackles : 20
Tackles for loss : 7
Tackles for loss yardage : 20
Sacks : 4
Sack loss yardage : 15
Passes broken up : 6
QB hurries : 5

2010 Statistics (11 games)
Solo tackles : 7
Assisted tackles : 9
Total tackles : 16
Tackles for loss : 1.5
Tackles for loss yardage : 3
Passes broken up : 1
QB hurries : 2

http://www.cfbstats.com/2013/player/457/1032955/index.html

Kareem Martin North Carolina Official Bio

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Last edited by nicfre2011 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does Kareem Martin stack up as a 4-3 defensive end prospect in the group behind Jadeveon Clowney for the 2014 draft?

24isthelaw

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
How does Kareem Martin stack up as a 4-3 defensive end prospect in the group behind Jadeveon Clowney for the 2014 draft?

Looks the part but doesn't seem like a particularly explosive athlete. Needs a couple of strides to accelerate when he comes out of his stance. He looks like he's an instinctive run defender and he's got the frame and heavy hands to keep blockers off his frame. I think he's a power end in a 40 front, rather than a go-to pass rusher type.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look at Martin compared to Trent Murphy and ask myself, what seperates these prospects, outside of motor? My answer, nothing.

This kid is going to be a really great value in the mid rounds.
jshowers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
I look at Martin compared to Trent Murphy and ask myself, what seperates these prospects, outside of motor? My answer, nothing.

This kid is going to be a really great value in the mid rounds.

Murphy is far more quick twitch than Martin. Better athlete overall.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

90% chance he gets drafted by the Bengals...
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Murphy is far more quick twitch than Martin. Better athlete overall.

I disagree. I wage that when the combine tests come around they show very comparable measurables. The difference is Trent Murphy had a inconsistent motor up until this season, like Martin, but has found a way to kick it up a notch.

I just was thinking, value wise, a team with coaches that can 'coach up' DL talent would be wise to target Martin in the 4th over a guy like Murphy in the 1st.

I really, really dont see the quick twitch in Trent Murphy. He reminds me much more of a pure DE version of Derick Wolfe than a explosive athlete like Witney Mercilus.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could he be a 3-4 OLB?

Kiltman on the sig
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had high hopes for Martin coming into this season but he honestly shows up on tape more often than not looking like he doesn't even care. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane type a la Christian Ballard out of Mizzou a few years back or, yeah I'll go there, another UNC prospect who had "effort" questions - Marvin Austin.

If someone can light a fire under Martin's butt (the track record for UNC D-Linemen of late isn't very good - Coples is an outlier not the standard), he could be a solid if unspectacular DE (Robert Ayers is a fair comparison), but he doesn't have great closing speed and isn't as athletic as some will want to make him out to be. Couple that with an truly inconsistent motor (one that when it's off, he really sputters and just gets stonewalled or washed out of plays by a single blocker way too easily - refer to the game vs South Carolina this season) and there's a reason why there's not a whole heck of a lot of high-end talk about the guy in a class that's lacking a standout #2 4-3 DE option.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I had high hopes for Martin coming into this season but he honestly shows up on tape more often than not looking like he doesn't even care. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane type a la Christian Ballard out of Mizzou a few years back or, yeah I'll go there, another UNC prospect who had "effort" questions - Marvin Austin.

If someone can light a fire under Martin's butt (the track record for UNC D-Linemen of late isn't very good - Coples is an outlier not the standard), he could be a solid if unspectacular DE (Robert Ayers is a fair comparison), but he doesn't have great closing speed and isn't as athletic as some will want to make him out to be. Couple that with an truly inconsistent motor (one that when it's off, he really sputters and just gets stonewalled or washed out of plays by a single blocker way too easily - refer to the game vs South Carolina this season) and there's a reason why there's not a whole heck of a lot of high-end talk about the guy in a class that's lacking a standout #2 4-3 DE option.

To me when his motor runs cold, it effects his pass rushing. He always seems to be at least adequate, and sometimes downright dominant, in the run game. He has the power and length to really set the edge. If his motor ran hot like some other less physically gifted talents, he could be a 1st/2nd round pick IMO. Even with his motor questions, he is a great bargain in the 4th round.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:

Don't forget Robert Quinn.

wraith

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kareem martins production this year was outstanding. i think he could sneak into the 1st round with a good combine.
Freakout

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats different between Kareem Martin and say Alex Okafor last year?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:

Didn't he go to Iowa?
G08

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyone you would compare him to that's in the NFL today?

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: