Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 College Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BroncosFan2010


Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 1371
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since its a bit slow in the draft thread, I am gonna go ahead and try to spark some conversation!

Has anyone else been working on a big board for the oncoming draft? I have about half the positions ranked/scouted. I really enjoy watching the draft with a spreadsheet printed out and marking players off as the get drafted, comparing them to my board. Others should give it a try Smile

Here are my top 20 QB's for example:

1 Teddy Bridgewater
2 Derek Carr
3 Johnny Manziel
4 Blake Bortles
5 Brett Smith
6 David Fales
7 Jimmy Garoppolo
8 Jeff Mathews
9 Zach Mettenburger
10 Keith Wenning
11 AJ McCarron
12 Tom Savage
13 Aaron Murray
14 Logan Thomas
15 Stephen Morris
16 Tajh Boyd
17 Bryn Renner
18 Connor Shaw
19 Keith Price
20 Casey Pachall

I have RB, Boundry WR, Slot WR, OG, OC, Base DE, Rush DE/SLB, WLB/LB, MLB and CB ranked as well. Working on the other positions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul-mac


Joined: 12 Jul 2009
Posts: 8753
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Since its a bit slow in the draft thread, I am gonna go ahead and try to spark some conversation!

Has anyone else been working on a big board for the oncoming draft? I have about half the positions ranked/scouted. I really enjoy watching the draft with a spreadsheet printed out and marking players off as the get drafted, comparing them to my board. Others should give it a try Smile

Here are my top 20 QB's for example:

1 Teddy Bridgewater
2 Derek Carr
3 Johnny Manziel
4 Blake Bortles
5 Brett Smith
6 David Fales
7 Jimmy Garoppolo
8 Jeff Mathews
9 Zach Mettenburger
10 Keith Wenning
11 AJ McCarron
12 Tom Savage
13 Aaron Murray
14 Logan Thomas
15 Stephen Morris
16 Tajh Boyd
17 Bryn Renner
18 Connor Shaw
19 Keith Price
20 Casey Pachall

I have RB, Boundry WR, Slot WR, OG, OC, Base DE, Rush DE/SLB, WLB/LB, MLB and CB ranked as well. Working on the other positions.



I have a full spreadsheet with positional rankings and then a vertical board but I need to refine it. Will post the google doc when all is said and done.


It's less deep than yours though because it's only designed to rank draftable prospects.
_________________
Big Palooka wrote:
Broncos won't make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
BroncosFan2010


Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 1371
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's less deep than yours though because it's only designed to rank draftable prospects.


Ya, I went a bit deep on the QB's. For most positions, its easy to have a draftable list 20 deep. I would say that Logan Thomas is the last draftable prospect on that list.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul-mac


Joined: 12 Jul 2009
Posts: 8753
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:
It's less deep than yours though because it's only designed to rank draftable prospects.


Ya, I went a bit deep on the QB's. For most positions, its easy to have a draftable list 20 deep. I would say that Logan Thomas is the last draftable prospect on that list.



I tend to just focus on the last 3 years, and positional averages. For example 12 QB's is the average. I know that's a bit of a flawed system but I don't have time to study any more than that and I'm already sleep deprived during the pre draft process.

Also I tend to focus on our need positions a lot as well as QB's. DT's, TE's and S's I won't really watch tape on and just throw them on the big board at their consensus grade. I mostly focussing on:

-QB's(Personal interest, not a Broncos need thing)

-CB's

-MLB's

-Offensive linemen

-WR's

-Day 3 running backs
_________________
Big Palooka wrote:
Broncos won't make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
hibdib31


Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 1488
Location: NoVA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Pauline wrote:
This year I知 told another center, Weston Richburg of Colorado State could be the surprise pick in round one. Its a thin class at the center position and the feeling is if you need one Richburg is the guy and you better grab him early. His smart, athletic and fundamentally sound play is drawing comparisons to Pro-Bowl center Nick Mangold. Who would take Richburg at the end of the first frame? I知 told for a variety of reasons keep an eye on the Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=9631

If Mosely and Shazier are gone at #31, how would you all feel if we took Richburg?
_________________
Elite...and it's not even close.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnAngryAmerican


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 18533
Location: Loveland, CO
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
Tony Pauline wrote:
This year I知 told another center, Weston Richburg of Colorado State could be the surprise pick in round one. Its a thin class at the center position and the feeling is if you need one Richburg is the guy and you better grab him early. His smart, athletic and fundamentally sound play is drawing comparisons to Pro-Bowl center Nick Mangold. Who would take Richburg at the end of the first frame? I知 told for a variety of reasons keep an eye on the Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=9631

If Mosely and Shazier are gone at #31, how would you all feel if we took Richburg?

I'd be elated if we drafted Weston Richburg at #31.
_________________
big_palooka:

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KingBishop


Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 2368
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:
Tony Pauline wrote:
This year I知 told another center, Weston Richburg of Colorado State could be the surprise pick in round one. Its a thin class at the center position and the feeling is if you need one Richburg is the guy and you better grab him early. His smart, athletic and fundamentally sound play is drawing comparisons to Pro-Bowl center Nick Mangold. Who would take Richburg at the end of the first frame? I知 told for a variety of reasons keep an eye on the Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=9631

If Mosely and Shazier are gone at #31, how would you all feel if we took Richburg?

I'd be elated if we drafted Weston Richburg at #31.


Says the Colorado state fan
_________________


Props to Joe_Is_The_Best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 21981
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:
Tony Pauline wrote:
This year I知 told another center, Weston Richburg of Colorado State could be the surprise pick in round one. Its a thin class at the center position and the feeling is if you need one Richburg is the guy and you better grab him early. His smart, athletic and fundamentally sound play is drawing comparisons to Pro-Bowl center Nick Mangold. Who would take Richburg at the end of the first frame? I知 told for a variety of reasons keep an eye on the Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots and Denver Broncos.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=9631

If Mosely and Shazier are gone at #31, how would you all feel if we took Richburg?

I'd be elated if we drafted Weston Richburg at #31.


So would I. Richburg has All-Pro potential at center. He's better than Alex Mack was coming out, and Mack is a stud. I'd be pleased with either Richburg or Su'a-Filo, and would be okay, but not especially thrilled with Yankey.

I do think, though, that drafting a guy like Travis Swanson or Marcus Smith later is going to be a better scenario for us down the road. Just my opinion though.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 15881
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should not be drafting a Center on the first day, massive waste of a draft pick.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul-mac


Joined: 12 Jul 2009
Posts: 8753
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weston is going to be very very good and well worth a first round pick, but, my only reservation is whether Ramirez transitions to Left Guard well enough to warrant drafting a center instead of a Guard.


Could Richburg even play Guard for a year or two and then kick inside when Ramirez leaves?
_________________
Big Palooka wrote:
Broncos won't make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 15881
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the idea of moving Ramirez to LG is dumb, he was much better at C than he was at Guard. Don't try to fix something that isn't broken. Can easily find an interior lineman in the middle of the draft who can come in and start from day 1.

This team needs more explosive players on the DL and defense in general. Miller is the only player on defense who can just overwhelm an offense. We have a lot of talent on defense but only one(Miller) who changes the dynamics of the offenses we face.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul-mac


Joined: 12 Jul 2009
Posts: 8753
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Just the idea of moving Ramirez to LG is dumb, he was much better at C than he was at Guard. Don't try to fix something that isn't broken. Can easily find an interior lineman in the middle of the draft who can come in and start from day 1.

This team needs more explosive players on the DL and defense in general. Miller is the only player on defense who can just overwhelm an offense. We have a lot of talent on defense but only one(Miller) who changes the dynamics of the offenses we face.



Not really. I think there are only two guys who can start day one at Left Guard. Mind you there are a handful of guys who are listed as Tackles that could probably play Guard.
_________________
Big Palooka wrote:
Broncos won't make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 15881
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Just the idea of moving Ramirez to LG is dumb, he was much better at C than he was at Guard. Don't try to fix something that isn't broken. Can easily find an interior lineman in the middle of the draft who can come in and start from day 1.

This team needs more explosive players on the DL and defense in general. Miller is the only player on defense who can just overwhelm an offense. We have a lot of talent on defense but only one(Miller) who changes the dynamics of the offenses we face.



Not really. I think there are only two guys who can start day one at Left Guard. Mind you there are a handful of guys who are listed as Tackles that could probably play Guard.
Meh you don't need an elite player at LG, I'd be happy with Su'a-filo but I'd prefer if we went defense in round 1. The defense struggled in large part last year because of lack of depth. Asking backups to come in and play 50-60 snaps a game isn't going to result in a good defense, and that also trickled down to ST and why we had so many struggles on that side.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul-mac


Joined: 12 Jul 2009
Posts: 8753
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Just the idea of moving Ramirez to LG is dumb, he was much better at C than he was at Guard. Don't try to fix something that isn't broken. Can easily find an interior lineman in the middle of the draft who can come in and start from day 1.

This team needs more explosive players on the DL and defense in general. Miller is the only player on defense who can just overwhelm an offense. We have a lot of talent on defense but only one(Miller) who changes the dynamics of the offenses we face.



Not really. I think there are only two guys who can start day one at Left Guard. Mind you there are a handful of guys who are listed as Tackles that could probably play Guard.
Meh you don't need an elite player at LG, I'd be happy with Su'a-filo but I'd prefer if we went defense in round 1. The defense struggled in large part last year because of lack of depth. Asking backups to come in and play 50-60 snaps a game isn't going to result in a good defense, and that also trickled down to ST and why we had so many struggles on that side.


IDK man people forget that basically our second string defense shutout 2 playoff visitors for 3 quarters, Tom Brady and Philip Rivers, they also managed to keep the superbowl respectable until that kick runback by Percy Harvin. Only gonna get better with them getting healthy and three great additions.

Don't get me wrong I'd love Shazier or Fuller to fall but as of this moment I think the most pressing needs are on offense.
_________________
Big Palooka wrote:
Broncos won't make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
jsthomp2007


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 7338
Location: USA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just going to note that the last time the Broncos drafted an OSU linebacker #1, things turned out pretty well. I like history, I hope it repeats itself.
_________________
Ninja stealth muggers in the Bellagio has left me in a state of congitive disonance...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 46 of 50

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group