Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 College Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bMiller031


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 59
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would Elway ever trade Osweiler for Bridgewater? Osweiler is a better prospect than Bridgewater is and only a year older. Plus, Osweiler has spent time learning from Manning and in the Gase system. Osweiler probably would have been a top ten pick, had he come out a year later.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jsthomp2007


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 7150
Location: USA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bMiller031 wrote:
Why would Elway ever trade Osweiler for Bridgewater? Osweiler is a better prospect than Bridgewater is and only a year older. Plus, Osweiler has spent time learning from Manning and in the Gase system. Osweiler probably would have been a top ten pick, had he come out a year later.


Because Bridgewater is skinnier.
_________________
Ninja stealth muggers in the Bellagio has left me in a state of congitive disonance...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul-mac


Joined: 12 Jul 2009
Posts: 8497
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bMiller031 wrote:
Why would Elway ever trade Osweiler for Bridgewater? Osweiler is a better prospect than Bridgewater is and only a year older. Plus, Osweiler has spent time learning from Manning and in the Gase system. Osweiler probably would have been a top ten pick, had he come out a year later.



Yeah I don't know why I said that
_________________
Big Palooka wrote:
Broncos won't make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
germ-x


Joined: 06 Apr 2009
Posts: 7799
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremiah Attaochu had a good showing at his pro day. 6'3" 252, 4.6's in the 40, and a 37" vertical. He'd be an interesting pick. With the hybrid looks this defense uses he'd be a fit and you can never have too many pass rushers. He's also young (21) with a lot of experience and production at the college level.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncoinGermany


Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 2373
Location: Deutschland
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that there is some first public indication that Franklin will be moved to guard (see Random Thoughts Thread), this should mean that C/G is off our list at 31 and CB, DE, MLB, WR are the remaining possibilities.

May can't get here soon enough. Stupid Goodell. Mad
_________________

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eddie mac


Joined: 27 Jan 2007
Posts: 6179
Location: Ireland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see Elway moving around quite a bit in this draft using 2015 picks because he now knows he has banked ammo to utilise in 3-4 comp picks next year which should turn out to be 2 4th rd picks and possibly 2 6th rd picks.
_________________


Sig by Lil Uno thanks bro.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jsthomp2007


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 7150
Location: USA
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Texans are looking to draft a QB, they can get Carr at 31, ergo, the Broncos should get the Texans #1, and nab Clowney.
_________________
Ninja stealth muggers in the Bellagio has left me in a state of congitive disonance...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul-mac


Joined: 12 Jul 2009
Posts: 8497
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
If the Texans are looking to draft a QB, they can get Carr at 31, ergo, the Broncos should get the Texans #1, and nab Clowney.
trade out entire draft?
_________________
Big Palooka wrote:
Broncos won't make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
mke1010


Joined: 08 Mar 2008
Posts: 1742
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last moron to trade his entire draft for one player is out of the league and deservedly so. #Ditka
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingBishop


Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 2295
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would take picks from next draft also
_________________


Props to Joe_Is_The_Best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncodad313


Joined: 08 Feb 2014
Posts: 31
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
If the Texans are looking to draft a QB, they can get Carr at 31, ergo, the Broncos should get the Texans #1, and nab Clowney.
Im not a fan of Clowney if he was at #20 overall guy has all the talent in the world and the football heart of the grinch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos_fan _from _uk


Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Posts: 9083
Location: Colorado Springs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncodad313 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
If the Texans are looking to draft a QB, they can get Carr at 31, ergo, the Broncos should get the Texans #1, and nab Clowney.
Im not a fan of Clowney if he was at #20 overall guy has all the talent in the world and the football heart of the grinch.
yes and no. He has displayed very little heart but then again neither did Julius Peppers, even in the NFL. Much like Peppers though Clowneys natural talent will make him a border line pro bowler every year. All of that being said if i needed a pass rusher in the top 3 I would take Mack every time over Clowney. That kid is going to be great.
_________________
When you base your opinions off of facts instead of searching for facts that support your opinions you will find yourself often the contrarian but rarely the fool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
broncodad313


Joined: 08 Feb 2014
Posts: 31
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos_fan _from _uk wrote:
broncodad313 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
If the Texans are looking to draft a QB, they can get Carr at 31, ergo, the Broncos should get the Texans #1, and nab Clowney.
Im not a fan of Clowney if he was at #20 overall guy has all the talent in the world and the football heart of the grinch.
yes and no. He has displayed very little heart but then again neither did Julius Peppers, even in the NFL. Much like Peppers though Clowneys natural talent will make him a border line pro bowler every year. All of that being said if i needed a pass rusher in the top 3 I would take Mack every time over Clowney. That kid is going to be great.
Mack seems alittle stiff to me but i woud much rather take him than clowney. I really like Barr from UCLA he just makes plays definatly not the athlete the other two are but i guess im just a fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
germ-x


Joined: 06 Apr 2009
Posts: 7799
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Clowney didn't have a great year last year and questions also arose about his effort, but if you watch him there are instances where he makes high effort plays and others where he appears to take plays off.

Why this happens i don't really know, but i wouldn't pass on him, even at #1 overall. He's hands down the best player in this draft, even if his motor runs hot and cold. As UK stated, on physical talent alone he's a border line pro bowler and if he gives high effort half the time he's a pro bowl lock and one of the most gifted defensive players in the league from his first game in the league.

I also like Mack and think he will be a very good all around player in the NFL for a very long time, but i'll take Clowney over him all day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingBishop


Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 2295
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
I know Clowney didn't have a great year last year and questions also arose about his effort, but if you watch him there are instances where he makes high effort plays and others where he appears to take plays off.

Why this happens i don't really know, but i wouldn't pass on him, even at #1 overall. He's hands down the best player in this draft, even if his motor runs hot and cold. As UK stated, on physical talent alone he's a border line pro bowler and if he gives high effort half the time he's a pro bowl lock and one of the most gifted defensive players in the league from his first game in the league.

I also like Mack and think he will be a very good all around player in the NFL for a very long time, but i'll take Clowney over him all day.


My prediction for Clowneys career is a good rookie year mediocre mixed with good three seasons then a boom contract season and then when he resigns that big deal a bunch of average seasons. This is based on his effort now. If he turns it up obviously he will have a different result
_________________


Props to Joe_Is_The_Best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 45 of 50

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group