Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 College Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
FWIW, Klis was on with Lammey yesterday and said that he didn't expect Denver would take CB or WR off their boards for Round 1, so both are definitely still in play.

He also said he didn't see Denver going DL in the first round this year.

I wouldn't be disappointed in a DT if someone like Hageman fell, but I will admit DL is seeming like a long shot to me only because we have a glut of bodies there.

Obviously we will draft the best player on the board, but the only positions that I feel are probably out of contention are QB(Although if Bridgewater falls and Elway loves him we could nab him and trade Brock), RB(Simply because none of them are that good), TE, C, DL, OLB and S.

WR, OT, OG, MLB and CB are all in contention. Also of the positions I said are out of contention DL is still a possibility if one of them is BPA by far.

I kinda expect Corner and WR to be our day two picks because of the depth at WR and the fact I expect Elway to fall in love with McGill or Jean-Baptiste. I'd say there's about a 60% chance our first round pick will be one of Zack Martin, Xavier Su'a-Filo, David Yankey, Ryan Shazier, CJ Mosley or Chris Borland. Borland would be a reach but then again so was Derek Wolfe and we're rumoured to love Borland.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Dude! What are you smoking? Would you seriously think Elway would trade Brock if Bridgewater fell? There is no way in hell that happens. Brock is Elway's pet that he hand picked to take over after Manning retires.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to this source, Broncos haven't gotten any compensatory draft picks:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap2000000336490/article/ravens-jets-lead-2014-compensatory-draft-picks-with-four-each

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap2000000336490/article/ravens-jets-lead-2014-compensatory-draft-picks-with-four-each
That is for last season's free agency.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

So our comp pick(s) for Decker, Beadles, Woodyard, would come via the 2015 draft?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

So our comp pick(s) for Decker, Beadles, Woodyard, would come via the 2015 draft?

Yeah. There's a year lag on comp picks.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Correct.

Includes: Decker, Beadles, Woodyard, Ayers, Knowshon, DRC, Mincey, Philips, Lenon, Adams etc.

I'm gonna go ahead and say we still wont get a compensatory pick. I cant remember the last year we actually got one. If this team doesnt get one after losing 8 starters then we never will.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Correct.

Includes: Decker, Beadles, Woodyard, Ayers, Knowshon, DRC, Mincey, Philips, Lenon, Adams etc.

I'm gonna go ahead and say we still wont get a compensatory pick. I cant remember the last year we actually got one. If this team doesnt get one after losing 8 starters then we never will.

If Ware had been a free agent as opposed to a cut then we'd be on the outside looking in.

Decker should net a 4th rounder
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Correct.

If Ware had been a free agent as opposed to a cut then we'd be on the outside looking in.

Decker should net a 4th rounder

Obviously. I still think were outside looking in. Broncos never get compensatory picks. Its written in the CBA.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in the CB's in this draft because i think that Denver will take one early and i just finished watching Justin Gilbert vs Missouri. I was expecting a dominant CB considering most think he'll go #10 to the Lions at worst, but i must say i wasn't all that impressed. He's definitely interesting considering his size/speed, but he is incredibly soft in that game. Both at the LOS vs receivers, trying to get off blocks, and any time he was asked to tackle.

I didn't think his coverage was all that impressive either. He was beat numerous times in that game, i don't know if it was play design or the Missouri QB just locking onto targets, but he could have thrown the ball at Gilbert a hand full of times and picked up solid chunks of yards.

I watched Verrett early in the college season and he really impressed me. He was undersized, but was physical and always in position to make a play. He actually reminded me a lot of Syd'quan Thompson when he was coming out of California. Thompson was a hell of a college player, he just didn't have the quickness and physical talent to make up for his lack in size. Verrett showed at the combine that he does.

I've also watched few games of Bradley Roby. Roby made mistakes as did Gilbert, but i'll take Roby's physicality and toughness over the finesse Gilbert any day of the week.

I'll be watching Dennard and Fuller here soon. Based off of what i have seen thus far i would rank the top 3 as Roby, Verrett, Gilbert.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember last year when we all wanted this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmu7Y98_L_c

What happened?
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:

What happened?

Id still take him on this team any day.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

What happened?

Id still take him on this team any day.

I would too Jersey....I would too! Hell! If available, I would take him and Shazier!
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a pretty big fan of Skov still. He has been a very good player on a very good defense for several years now.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
I'm a pretty big fan of Skov still. He has been a very good player on a very good defense for several years now.

Not to mention he played in the PAC100 where they are pretty pass happy there, so he maybe good in coverage.

Plus, Elway has to go with at Stanford guy, right? He hasn't reached into that well, yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 44 of 50

Jump to: