Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 College Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
I would virtually guarantee that Walton and Beadles are back next year. There's very little reason not to bring them back, as their contracts won't be massive. Same with Ayers if he plays well.

Personally I think Decker is gone. A good season from him means a big contract, and we can't afford to give EVERYONE a contract, so I would imagine he's odd man out.

I agree with you on Decker, it'll be a numbers game and with extensions needed by then for DT and Von (doubt if either plays out their contract) the money won't be there.

I think Beadles will be in the same boat and price himself out of the market. I mean, he is a Pro-Bowl OG. Wink

Agree on Beadles, I think he's the guy we're most likely to let hit the open market. We've shown ability to get value and good players along the trenches, I haven't seen the rest of the free agent guard class, but my assumption is Beadles will get more than he's worth, which means he wont be a Bronco.

Decker might command some money, but he's probably more worth it than Beadles, especially in a weapons driven league.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
I would virtually guarantee that Walton and Beadles are back next year. There's very little reason not to bring them back, as their contracts won't be massive. Same with Ayers if he plays well.

Personally I think Decker is gone. A good season from him means a big contract, and we can't afford to give EVERYONE a contract, so I would imagine he's odd man out.

I agree with you on Decker, it'll be a numbers game and with extensions needed by then for DT and Von (doubt if either plays out their contract) the money won't be there.

I think Beadles will be in the same boat and price himself out of the market. I mean, he is a Pro-Bowl OG. Wink

Agree on Beadles, I think he's the guy we're most likely to let hit the open market. We've shown ability to get value and good players along the trenches, I haven't seen the rest of the free agent guard class, but my assumption is Beadles will get more than he's worth, which means he wont be a Bronco.

Decker might command some money, but he's probably more worth it than Beadles, especially in a weapons driven league.

With the move of Garland to the OL I think they've already tipped their hand. I think they're counting on either he, Blake or Ramirez being ready to step up. Possibly even Painter.

I know most will disagree with Ramirez, but in his defense he improved drastically from week 1 to week 16. Probably should have started against the Ravens instead of Kuper
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

With the move of Garland to the OL I think they've already tipped their hand. I think they're counting on either he, Blake or Ramirez being ready to step up. Possibly even Painter.

I know most will disagree with Ramirez, but in his defense he improved drastically from week 1 to week 16. Probably should have started against the Ravens instead of Kuper

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Meet-Vinston-Painter/476d0b0e-3b9e-4614-882c-945e6d03d59a

In this video you can hear, Painter saying that the coaches plans to have him at Right tackle.
0:44 to 1:10
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Meet-Vinston-Painter/476d0b0e-3b9e-4614-882c-945e6d03d59a

In this video you can hear, Painter saying that the coaches plans to have him at Right tackle.
0:44 to 1:10

At this point we have 2 C's, 2 G/C's, 6 OG's and 6 OT's on the roster. Given Franklin's abiity to move inside all we need is one of our non-starters at OG or OT to be NFL ready by 2014 to allow us to replace Beadles.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinston Painter in no way is going to be a guard. We're going to maybe give Ramirez the opportunity, but if Beadles plays well this season, I guarantee he'll come back at the expense of kuper.

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinston Painter in no way is going to be a guard. We're going to maybe give Ramirez the opportunity, but if Beadles plays well this season, I guarantee he'll come back at the expense of kuper.

Thanks, Tzimisce
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

The 2013 starting line is set from left to right with Clady, Beadles, Walton, Vasquez, Franklin. Its 2014 where there are potential question marks.

Beadles, Walton, Ramirez, and Kuper (depending on recovery) could all be out this time next year.

Painter's not a guard, but don't expect him to be ready to protect a guy like Manning in 2014. Without knowing anything about his transition, I still have Ben Garland higher on the depth chart at RT than Painter.

Beadles will be a free agent at the end of the year, maybe not back 2014.
Walton the same.
Ramirez is a free agent, who I doubt they bring back for 2014.
Kuper wont be the same and could be released in a few weeks because of his injury, so not ready to pencil him in for 2014.

Your 2014 line could look like this prior to the 2014 draft:
Clady - Franklin - Blake - Vasquez - Garland/Painter

1. Thats a ton of question marks, and unproven guys in new spots.
2. Just a lot of turn oved.

So with that much turnover, and that much inexperience potentially in our future, its safe to say, prior to free agency 2014, that OL, specifically the interior, could rank high on our needs list, whether we end up needing a starter (Walton or Beadles leave), or depth.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just personally cannot see a situation where Elway allows our interior OL to just walk. He has even stated that continuity is important to him, and you consider that Walton or Beadles, or both can be brought back for cheap, and I think it will happen.

Obviously we'll see, but I think WR/TE will be the top need going into the draft.

Elway spending $$ on Vazquez by the way, shoes me that he understands the importance up front, and given that Kuper and Beadles are both options, one of them will line up as the OG in the future.

Thanks, Tzimisce
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I just personally cannot see a situation where Elway allows our interior OL to just walk. He has even stated that continuity is important to him, and you consider that Walton or Beadles, or both can be brought back for cheap, and I think it will happen.

Obviously we'll see, but I think WR/TE will be the top need going into the draft.

Elway spending $$ on Vazquez by the way, shoes me that he understands the importance up front, and given that Kuper and Beadles are both options, one of them will line up as the OG in the future.

I don't think for a second Kuper is in the future plans. He's touch and go for the year, and if he doesn't have an injury free 2013, he probably wont be around 2014. Elway & co. certainly aren't counting on him for the future, the Vasquez signing shows that.

Elway spent money on Vasquez, but if we look at the guard market this year, he got a very good value, as Andy Levitre got almost twice as much, as the top guard on the market. I bring up Levitre because Beadles is arguably the best guard set for unrestricted free agency after the 2013 season.

I don't really worry about Walton leaving, he shouldn't command as much. I just don't see Elway paying Beadles top of the guard market. They've also whispered about Franklin's future being inside at left guard recently. Right tackle/left guard could be a real need next offseason. There's a lot of players and upside along our line, but just as many question marks. I foresee there being an opening along our starting line after this season, how we choose to fill it remains to be seen.

Agree that WR could be a position of need, but I do like King's fit as a number two receiver, especially in our current offense.

My most likely to walk in free agency list looks like this:
1. Zane Beadles - If he's top guard on the market I expect him to receive a much better offer somewhere else.
2. Robert Ayers - Don't expect him to flash much this year in his starting role. If he were going to, he would have by now.
3. Eric Decker - Will command a bunch of money, and with an entertainer fiance'/wife, may look for a market that better supports her career, as well as his.
4. DRC - Revolving door third corner spot, and he could boost his asking price a ton with a good year this year, a price we wouldn't pay.
5. Chris Clark - He's definitely on his last year. Swing tackle has become crowded with Garland's switch, and Painter being drafted.
6. Knowshon Moreno - If he's not cut this year, we're not picking up his options next year.
7. JD Walton - Probably be worth more to us than he commands on market.
8. Wesley Woodyard - Don't think we let him go anywhere, unless Trevathan shows a lot.
9. Mike Adams - He's probably gone, and should be farther up the list, but there's the chance he signs as a backup to chase a ring.
10. Ryan Clady - Not goin anywhere.
11. Britton Colquitt - Not a hard contract, and too good to shop for a new punter.

**As good as gone - but just because they're not really good enough to keep** -- Lance Ball, Andre Caldwell, Stewart Bradley, Manny Ramirez.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

Didn't mean to imply Painter would be a n OG. Point being if he or anyone steps up at RT Franklin could move inside.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decker is without a doubt most likely to leave in my opinion. If he has a big season he's gonna command big bucks. Given the receiver talent in 2014, if Decker costs too much, it'snot an awful time to cut bait.

Thanks, Tzimisce
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Decker is without a doubt most likely to leave in my opinion. If he has a big season he's gonna command big bucks. Given the receiver talent in 2014, if Decker costs too much, it'snot an awful time to cut bait.

I just think its a lot harder to find a very good number two receiver than it is to find a solid guard whose good at one thing (pulling) and basically average at the rest. When that guard is over-rated by most of the league, and will likely be the best at his position in free agency, his price soars.

Basically, we'd have an easier time replacing Beadles (several in house options) than we would Decker (draft is a bigger risk).

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

I just think its a lot harder to find a very good number two receiver than it is to find a solid guard whose good at one thing (pulling) and basically average at the rest. When that guard is over-rated by most of the league, and will likely be the best at his position in free agency, his price soars.

Basically, we'd have an easier time replacing Beadles (several in house options) than we would Decker (draft is a bigger risk).

I would agree. Also, his time with PM cannot be discounted or undervalued. By the end of this season that connection will be deeply entrenched.

His value also goes up when you consider the pressure he helps take off of DT.
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

I would agree. Also, his time with PM cannot be discounted or undervalued. By the end of this season that connection will be deeply entrenched.

His value also goes up when you consider the pressure he helps take off of DT.

All that and the way the league is today, wide receivers are more valuable than ever, especially secondary receivers. You win in todays NFL with weapons. As a position group we're still very thin at WR, even if you're assuming King reaches his peak upside.

Is right tackle or left guard easier to replace than Eric Decker. I think so, and I think scouting the transition from NCAA to NFL is easier/more accurate than scouting how a receiver transitions. I think a wide receiver is one of the most boom/bust positions you can draft.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manny Ramirez had a decent year last year. Struggled early on, but he was looking good by the time Kuper came back. I actually think that if Kuper wasn't such a respected Captain, he wouldn't have been back in that starting lineup (he shouldn't have been based on performance).

MUFC OK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 2 of 50

Jump to: