Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 College Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, the thought of Clady, Richardson, Ramirez, Vasquez and Franklin on the OL is kind of exciting. That'd be one huge , quick OL.

Go a long way to solving our running game issues. The kind of line you can put out there, telegraph the play and dare someone to stop you. The Cowboys used to do that in the day. You knew what was coming, just couldn't stop it.

Same as the 70's Raiders.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need some OL depth, but I would bet the farm we don't go OL early. We'll take a guy who can provide depth and is safe in Round 3 and up. Round 1 and 2 we're going to draft defense. DE/CB is my guess

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
DE/CB is my guess

I hope not DE. This draft has aweful DE talent after Clowney. There are some non full time pass rushers, but no 3 down DE's who are better at getting pressures than our current stable.

Its clear that the FO really, really values the OL. Zane is a FA, a product of the past regime and the weakest point on our OL. And he is likely to get overpaid due to his fluke Pro Bowl appearance. We are going be down a starter on the OL, and I will be very suprised in Elway and Co. dont make a move to keep building an OL in their image (IE: HUGE). After shoring up a weak OL spot in FA last season it seems that making a draft move to get a upgrade at OG would be very likely.

OT: What does everyone think about Paul Richardson from CU? We may soon be looking for a #2 WR to replace Decker. Paul certainly is not as large, but his deep speed is excellent and despite his stature, he can run a full route tree. Not to mention excellent hands. He reminds me alot of Denarious Moore, but with better hands. I think he may fall due to his ACL tear last year and would love to pick him up in the 2nd round.
germ-x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen Cyril Richardson a few times and he reminds me a lot of Mike Iupati when he was coming out of Idaho. Physically both are just exceptional talents and can do things that a 6'5" 330 pound person shouldn't be able to do.

Still, the fact that he is from Baylor worries me. It's easy to look back now and point out the flaws that Jason Smith (especially) and Danny Watkins had which led to their failures.

However, both were considered very good prospects. I recall Smith being as high as he was because of his feet/athleticism supposedly being rare for an OT. I also recall Watkins having a rare blend of quickness and power for the OG position.

I'm not saying i would throw a fit if Denver drafted Richardson. The guy has a ton of talent, no doubt, but i find it hard to ignore the fact that there have been 2 other Baylor OL's with a ton of talent that have been duds in the NFL. I think it is something that should be investigated thoroughly before selecting a guy like Richardson in the 1st round.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
I've seen Cyril Richardson a few times and he reminds me a lot of Mike Iupati when he was coming out of Idaho. Physically both are just exceptional talents and can do things that a 6'5" 330 pound person shouldn't be able to do.

Still, the fact that he is from Baylor worries me. It's easy to look back now and point out the flaws that Jason Smith (especially) and Danny Watkins had which led to their failures.

However, both were considered very good prospects. I recall Smith being as high as he was because of his feet/athleticism supposedly being rare for an OT. I also recall Watkins having a rare blend of quickness and power for the OG position.

I'm not saying i would throw a fit if Denver drafted Richardson. The guy has a ton of talent, no doubt, but i find it hard to ignore the fact that there have been 2 other Baylor OL's with a ton of talent that have been duds in the NFL. I think it is something that should be investigated thoroughly before selecting a guy like Richardson in the 1st round.

Those are good points. Also, it's incredibly tough to tell which guys have the mental edge to make it in the pros. It takes a pretty good amount of nastiness to thrive in the trenches on either side of the ball.

My comments really were on his physical skills which you seem to mirror. We both see the same thing there, a very rare athletic talent.

Be interesting to see how he does in the pros. What I saw of him he was dominant. I've read he's got quite a mean streak on the field also. That's a big plus.
germ-x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
germ-x wrote:

Those are good points. Also, it's incredibly tough to tell which guys have the mental edge to make it in the pros. It takes a pretty good amount of nastiness to thrive in the trenches on either side of the ball.

My comments really were on his physical skills which you seem to mirror. We both see the same thing there, a very rare athletic talent.

Be interesting to see how he does in the pros. What I saw of him he was dominant. I've read he's got quite a mean streak on the field also. That's a big plus.

Don't disagree at all AKRNA. I don't know how fast your computer is, but if you are able to watch youtube and it is able to load relatively quickly i'd love to see what you think of Mississippi State OG Gabe Jackson.

Here is the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydrgJ0V1xY4

He is the LG #61. For a little more information, he is listed at 6'3" 330+ pounds.

Also, for those who can't catch every college game or can't record games, over the past few seasons you can find youtube videos of prospects that aren't just highlights. It is nearly every offensive/defensive play the prospect plays in for certain games. It is really helpful as you don't have to watch every down and it instantly goes to the next play. That Gabe Jackson video is an example.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
germ-x wrote:

Don't disagree at all AKRNA. I don't know how fast your computer is, but if you are able to watch youtube and it is able to load relatively quickly i'd love to see what you think of Mississippi State OG Gabe Jackson.

He is the LG #61. For a little more information, he is listed at 6'3" 330+ pounds.

Also, for those who can't catch every college game or can't record games, over the past few seasons you can find youtube videos of prospects that aren't just highlights. It is nearly every offensive/defensive play the prospect plays in for certain games. It is really helpful as you don't have to watch every down and it instantly goes to the next play. That Gabe Jackson video is an example.

My connection at home is incredibly slow. About 2mb per minute. I'll save the name and link though and next time I go to town I'll watch it.

I may try this weekend for the hell of it. Get the download started and go cut wood. Sometimes it works. Wink
germ-x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
germ-x wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
germ-x wrote:

My connection at home is incredibly slow. About 2mb per minute. I'll save the name and link though and next time I go to town I'll watch it.

I may try this weekend for the hell of it. Get the download started and go cut wood. Sometimes it works. Wink

Hopefully it does. Laughing

I know how much you like OL play and i found him pretty impressive in that game. He's also considered a 1st/2nd round pick.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another OG to keep an eye on in the middle rounds (and I expect to make a jump if he comes out) is Texas A&M LG Jarvis Harrison. Dudes a straight up mauler. Hes a redshirt junior so he can come back to school if he wants.

Also, I know this may sound like a homer post but Auburns Center Reese Dismukes would be an awesome fit for this offense. Hes a 3 year starter (only a junior) and without a doubt one of the top-5 Centers in the draft. I wouldnt be surprised to see him go in the 2-4 rounds.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
germ-x wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
germ-x wrote:

Hopefully it does. Laughing

I know how much you like OL play and i found him pretty impressive in that game. He's also considered a 1st/2nd round pick.
David Yankey is the best guard in this draft, if he comes out.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to watch Clemson at Maryland. Watkins is a man among boys. When he hits the second gear to accumulate yac, it's reminiscent of a Brandon Marshall. Boyd I wasn't that impressed with. Style-wise, he's similar to Wilson.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Got to watch Clemson at Maryland. Watkins is a man among boys. When he hits the second gear to accumulate yac, it's reminiscent of a Brandon Marshall. Boyd I wasn't that impressed with. Style-wise, he's similar to Wilson.

I think hes much better than Marshall is though. Sammy can beat a guy deep, where Brandon makes his money in short and intermediate routes.

I recently compared Sammy Watkins to Torrey Smith. Very similar skill sets but Watkins has much better hands than Smith did coming out.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't put much stock in anything anyone did against Maryland lol. Watkins is a man, but UMD is decimated.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As some of you mentioned Baylor OG Cyril Richardson, I have looked into him. During the course of that, I often read that Baylor's offense makes it difficult to project offensive linemen. Why's that?

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
As some of you mentioned Baylor OG Cyril Richardson, I have looked into him. During the course of that, I often read that Baylor's offense makes it difficult to project offensive linemen. Why's that?
It's not of Baylor(hard to find a picture) but they employ a similar offense to TTU.

They have such wide splits to mask any weakness along the line. It affects the tackles more than the inside players but the responsibilities in that offense are lacking compared to an NFL offense. I think Richardson might be the exception, but like USC QBs, Wisconsin TEs/RBs, I would hesitate to draft any player from Baylor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 10 of 50

Jump to: