You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 College Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mke1010

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see how we go Tight End early. Julius and Virgil are here for the long haul. One of Tamme or Dreessen should be back. We can draft a developmental tight end late in the draft.

1.Our primary need this off season is going to be O line. Both Tackles and Guards will be looked at. Beadles is gone in my opinion.

2. Defensive Line will also get a look early.

3. Receiver. If I had to bet, I say Decker is not re-signed. With the gaudy numbers our offense is putting up, someone is going to over pay Eric as a #1 Receiver and I think we pass.
Robinson and King will be good #4 and #5 receivers in the future. I think Welker will be affordable going forward on max 2 year deals. If he stays healthy he could have another four years left in him. So, we would be looking for a #2 Receiver in the draft. With all of the weapons we have, we can certainly afford not to over pay Decker.

4. Corner only if we dont re-sign Cromartie.

After these needs, I think we just go best player available.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackedUP wrote:
3. Running back- to be honest none of the guys on our roster excite me. Moreno is ok all around but doesn't give much, Ball is ok but pretty average and Hillman can't break a tackle to save his life

I'm not sure I want this current staff to draft another RB. They've spent two premium picks - a late 2nd and an early 3rd - on RBs the last two years and both have, to put it nicely, under-whelmed.

mke1010 wrote:
I dont see how we go Tight End early. Julius and Virgil are here for the long haul. One of Tamme or Dreessen should be back. We can draft a developmental tight end late in the draft.

1.Our primary need this off season is going to be O line. Both Tackles and Guards will be looked at. Beadles is gone in my opinion.

2. Defensive Line will also get a look early.

3. Receiver. If I had to bet, I say Decker is not re-signed. With the gaudy numbers our offense is putting up, someone is going to over pay Eric as a #1 Receiver and I think we pass.
Robinson and King will be good #4 and #5 receivers in the future. I think Welker will be affordable going forward on max 2 year deals. If he stays healthy he could have another four years left in him. So, we would be looking for a #2 Receiver in the draft. With all of the weapons we have, we can certainly afford not to over pay Decker.

4. Corner only if we dont re-sign Cromartie.

After these needs, I think we just go best player available.

I agree with every word of this.

I think Dallas would be a good fit for Decker. They could use another WR opposite Dez and Jerry Jones isn't afraid to over-pay. Plus, there isn't a team in the NFL that gets more undeserved attention than Dallas, could be good for the Deckers' non-football careers.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
germ-x

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thus far i'm really not a huge fan of this draft class, at least not in the mid/late portion of the 1st round. I've watched some youtube game highlights of some of the OL that could be available in that area and found them very underwhelming. Gabe Jackson and David Yankey were my main focus and they just weren't very impressive. Jackson has the body and maybe even the physical gifts, but he lunges and dives at defenders legs and overall appears quite lazy. Yankey was at OT and may end up being a nice fit inside at OG, but at tackle it's clear he doesn't have the athleticism and plays incredibly upright.

With Denver's depth and the fact that i don't find the class outside of the top 10 or 15 very impressive i think BPA is the best route. Even if it is a TE, i wouldn't really care. Having 2 gifted TE's isn't a hindrance. Austin Seferian-Jenkins is the more prototypical TE at 6'6" 260 and adding him with Julius Thomas would be something to see. I also wouldn't be opposed to a guy like Eric Ebron at TE. He seems to be caught in between a WR and a TE (6'4" 235), but he has length and is also physically gifted and capable of lining up all over the formation.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah this class isn't good if your picking outside the top 15, maybe we trade up but if we traded down I wouldn't be upset.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imo we're going to have a strong look at a physical corner. We were interested in Xavier Rhodes this year and Dre Kirkpatrick last year. He could learn under Bailey and see a lot of playing time since Bailey is hurt quite a lot. Webster could grow into a solid #2 and Harris is maybe the best slot corner in the league. I simply don't trust DRC tbh.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a year that Denver would be wise to trade and move up in the Top 10-15. Realistically, we don't have a TON of pressing needs.

QB- No
RB- Not this early, if at all
WR- Could be worth trading up for a gamebreaker type if Decker is done
TE- I'd like one, but no
OL- I don't see a trade up for one, but it's possible we take one
DE- Yes
DT- No
LB- Doubtful
CB- Doubtful
S- Doubtful

I think impact DE, WR or OL is the first round pick this year.

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bishop Sankey is the best back in the class, love the kids game.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:

I watched him vs Stanford who has a big and stout defensive front 7 built for stopping the run and came away really impressed with him. He isn't the biggest player, but he runs very hard and shows excellent balance.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

I watched him vs Stanford who has a big and stout defensive front 7 built for stopping the run and came away really impressed with him. He isn't the biggest player, but he runs very hard and shows excellent balance.
He has quick feet and stays low to the ground

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best way to predict the positions a team this loaded will draft is to look at who we'll lose to free agency.

Beadles, Decker, DRC are the most likely starters to go. We could also lose Champ to retirement.

CB is my best bet, followed by a pass rusher, because we just lack a pass rushing end right now. For once we seem loaded at DT, crazy.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
the best way to predict the positions a team this loaded will draft is to look at who we'll lose to free agency.

Beadles, Decker, DRC are the most likely starters to go. We could also lose Champ to retirement.

CB is my best bet, followed by a pass rusher, because we just lack a pass rushing end right now. For once we seem loaded at DT, crazy.

DRC will be back. He has a mutual option on Year 2.

Thanks, Tzimisce
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

DRC will be back. He has a mutual option on Year 2.

didn't realize. that makes sense both ways.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we go pass rusher early or even TE should a good one fall to us, having 2 athletic, big TEs would nice.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
I hope we go pass rusher early or even TE should a good one fall to us, having 2 athletic, big TEs would nice.

It would but its not a good position to take in round one. The elite pass catching TE's are rarely taken round one, they're usually much too raw to go that early.

Round 1 TE's are typically more well rounded and often what you see in college is what you're getting. The track record for round 1 tight ends as pass catchers is awful over the last 10 years.

1. Vernon Davis, 49ers (No. 6, 2006)
2. Dallas Clark, Colts (No. 24, 2003)
3. Heath Miller, Steelers (No. 30, 2005)
4. Kellen Winslow, Browns (No. 6. 2004)
5. Brandon Pettigrew, Lions (No. 20, 2009)
6. Jeremy Shockey, Giants (No. 14, 2002)
7. Dustin Keller, Jets (No. 30, 2008)
8. Marcedes Lewis, Jaguars (No. 28, 2006)
9. Jermaine Gresham, Bengals (No. 21, 2010)
10. Daniel Graham, Patriots (No. 21, 2002)
11. Greg Olsen, Bears (No. 31, 2007)
12. Ben Watson, Patriots (No. 32, 2004)
13. Jerramy Stevens, (No. 28, 2002)

Eiffert went this year round one.

If we want a pass catching mismatch nightmare to run two tight end sets, better found in the mid rounds on an elite raw athlete, they don't all take as long as Julius Thomas to make an impact, and his slow start had lots to do with injuries.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team needs help in plenty of areas. Lets not act like anything else.

I see needed growth in:
DT-Nothing special here
DE-Same
LB-Same aside from Woody and Trevy in the nickel
CB-Champs old, need to keep retooling
LG-Beadles might leave
WR-Decker might leave, always need weapons
TE-Same

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 7 of 50

Jump to: