You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 College Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobdevine

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seantrel Henderson has great measurables but he has red flags and just raised even more questions.

Quote:
NFL teams notified last week that Miami OT Seantrel Henderson tested positive at combine for smoking marijuana, per league sources.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/463301456247160833
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red flags before were bad enough, couldn't care less whether or not he's an average college kid.

I've always found alcohol related incidents more concerning in prospects, personally. Might be a 16 game Von Miller suspension from changing my mind though... Laughing
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care if guys drink or smoke weed. I'm more concerned about guys stealing cars, beating their girlfriends, starting bar brawls etc

Fify.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
I don't care if guys drink or smoke weed. I'm more concerned about guys stealing cars, beating their girlfriends, starting bar brawls etc

Umm smoking pot and you end up in Von's position, one strike from a year suspension. Its a big deal when considering superstars.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

Umm smoking pot and you end up in Von's position, one strike from a year suspension. Its a big deal when considering superstars.

The league is kind of dumb for those rules. Players are drinking a lot more than they probably should because that is the only legal way they can "have fun". The number of DUI's among players happens for a reason, smoking is a lot less dangerous than drinking in my IMO.
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Smoking weed isnt a big deal, popping positive at the combine, where you KNOW in advance you will be screened is a huge red flag as it calls a kids motivation into question. How badly do you love football if you cant put the blunts aside for a month?
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The league is kind of dumb for those rules. Players are drinking a lot more than they probably should because that is the only legal way they can "have fun". The number of DUI's among players happens for a reason, smoking is a lot less dangerous than drinking in my IMO.

Believe me I agree and nothing makes me fume more than ridiculous drug prohibition laws, especially when it comes to weed. Within 10 years the NFL will not test for weed, hell, probably within 5 years. But, right now itís a selfish act because the punishment may hurt the team overall. I personally donít remove players from my draft board over drug/alcohol issues, just demote them a bit. The violence and such is where I think a line needs to be drawn, as that is a true illustration of poor character.

A smart team uses failed drug tests to their advantage and snatches a talented guy a round later than he should be drafted (Honey Badger, Janoris Jenkins, etc.).

I know our TE rotation is set but the guy that may prove a massive steal this season IMO is Colt Lylera who can probably be had in the 6th. I donít worry about his drug issues as much I do about his possible personality disorder issues but if he interviewed well at the combine, I think his talent would be too much to pass up in the 6th/7th rounds.
[/quote]
champ11

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos_fan _from _uk wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
Smoking weed isnt a big deal, popping positive at the combine, where you KNOW in advance you will be screened is a huge red flag as it calls a kids motivation into question. How badly do you love football if you cant put the blunts aside for a month?

It's true. And the team tests are supposedly set up where it's easy to know that it's coming, so Von just DGAF either.

I really think he learned his lesson though

team rammy

elliot878

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trent Murphy gonna provide value dont get the stock drop
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

His stock is dropping because he tested pretty horribly. He did not show the weight/strength to play full time base DE. He also had a poor 40 and looks just completely out of his element when dropping into coverage, which drops his stock as a 3-4 OLB.

It also appears that nearly all Stanford players are being devalued.

I like him as a 3rd round value pick, but have a ton of players rated higher than him at both Base DE and Rush LB. He could be a nice fit in our scheme in the role that Shaun Phillips played, but isnít a 3 down DE as some were expecting early on.
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

His stock is dropping because he tested pretty horribly. He did not show the weight/strength to play full time base DE. He also had a poor 40 and looks just completely out of his element when dropping into coverage, which drops his stock as a 3-4 OLB.

It also appears that nearly all Stanford players are being devalued.

I like him as a 3rd round value pick, but have a ton of players rated higher than him at both Base DE and Rush LB. He could be a nice fit in our scheme in the role that Shaun Phillips played, but isnít a 3 down DE as some were expecting early on.

He was fine dropping into coverage at Stanford, so a bad workout at the combine means jack to me in that regard. 40 means squat to me as well. The numbers and fact that he was in on every play defensively are what matter. High effort, high motor, high maturity, football IQ and instincts are why he succeeds. None of which show at the combine. Guys gonna be a steal (not saying pro bowler) but he'll be productive and a contributor, and appear as a great value get.
broncospride95

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ11 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

It's true. And the team tests are supposedly set up where it's easy to know that it's coming, so Von just DGAF either.

I thought Von was tested randomly each month? Or is that what happens now because of his latest failed test?

I can't keep it all straight anymore Laughing

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
champ11

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
champ11 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

I thought Von was tested randomly each month? Or is that what happens now because of his latest failed test?

He was but after his first offense which is the one where they all know the date

team rammy

germ-x

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
champ11 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

I believe it is random now because of his failed/attempt at cheating a drug test.

But as someone else stated i've also heard that players have a pretty good idea of when they are going to be tested throughout the season.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to un-sticky this thread and allow it to drop.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50
Page 50 of 50

Jump to: