You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 College Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 48, 49, 50  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roar2014

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the first round I don't want Roby, I hope we end up with Shazier or Mosley in the first! If neither player is there than I hope we get Fuller.

Is there any chance we go offensive tackle in the first three rounds?? Personally I rather keep Franklin at tackle and try to get a gaurd in the second round
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roar2014 wrote:
In the first round I don't want Roby, I hope we end up with Shazier or Mosley in the first! If neither player is there than I hope we get Fuller.

Is there any chance we go offensive tackle in the first three rounds?? Personally I rather keep Franklin at tackle and try to get a gaurd in the second round

I think the move of Orlando to Guard was clearly a move for the Broncos to nab an LB or CB.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people think we need an OT? Clark was the starting LT on a SB team. He's without a doubt a better option on the right side than a rookie. We also have Winston Justice as a backup, who would be a capable starter, as well as Vinston Painter. I HIGHLY doubt we take a RT early because frankly moving Franklin does somewhat eliminate a need. If anything we're going to take a OG somewhere.

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, just remember about your own personal draft thoughts:

Everyone last year thought Xavier Rhodes, Alec Ogletree, Bjoern Warner, etc... would be the pick. In fact, very, very few people thought about Sylvester Williams as a legitimate option for this team. I think that also applies with Wolfe last year, and also to some degree Miller the year before.

Saying that Fuller/Mosley/Shazier etc...will likely be the pick, is a complete toss up. Guys like KVN, Ra'Shede Hageman, Jason Verrett, Jordan Matthews, LaMarcus Joyner et al. are definitely viable options too.

Thanks, Tzimisce
paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

Everyone last year thought Xavier Rhodes, Alec Ogletree, Bjoern Warner, etc... would be the pick. In fact, very, very few people thought about Sylvester Williams as a legitimate option for this team. I think that also applies with Wolfe last year, and also to some degree Miller the year before.

Saying that Fuller/Mosley/Shazier etc...will likely be the pick, is a complete toss up. Guys like KVN, Ra'Shede Hageman, Jason Verrett, Jordan Matthews, LaMarcus Joyner et al. are definitely viable options too.

Baring a trade up/down here are the prospects I think could be in play, including some surprises if the board doesn't go as expected

I figure the following players are a near-certainty to be off the board:

QB: Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, Derek Carr
WR: Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Jr, Brandin Cooks
TE: Eric Ebron
OL: Greg Robinson, Jake Matthews, Taylor Lewan, Zach Martin

EDGE: Jadeveon Clowney, Khalil Mack, Anthony Barr
DT: Aaron Donald
CB: Justin Gilbert, Darqueze Dennard
S: HaHa Clinton-Dix, Calvin Pryor

So that's 20 that are an absolute certainty to be off the board unless one of them decides to steal a car or beat up his girlfriend this coming weekend.

Obviously another 10 guys will be off the board as well, but that could be any 10 out of 20 or so prospects that grade out evenly in that late first and very early second round range.

Now I have made it clear in the past that I think, and hope, the main targets should they fall to 31 would be Ryan Shazier, Kyle Fuller and CJ Mosley, but some other guys we might target if they're the best players on the board:

Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri: DE doesn't look like an immediate need, but putting the pessimistic hat on for a second, Demarcus Ware, Von Miller and Derek Wolfe could all struggle to be on the field due to various injury and character related issues, Quanterus Smith is an unknown, and Malik Jackson is purely a Left End. Ealy is raw but if all the major Corners and MLBs are gone I think he might be a good pick. After all, you can never have enough pass rushers, corners and pass catchers in the NFL.

Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State: I think Weston is a first round talent, and he could do with a year to be groomed behind Manny Ramirez. Everyone loves a hometown prospect after all. Ramirez is in his thirties and has one year left on his contract, so it would be an upset if we don't give interior linemen a look at some point.

Ra'Shede Hagemann, DT, Minnesota: I know we took a tackle last year, but Knighton and Vickerson are both in contract years and might not be back for 2015. Hagemann, like Sly last year, is a top 15 talent who might slide because he's raw. He has the size that Fox and JDR likes, so we might be inclined to snap him up.

Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State: After the DUI turned out to be pretty much a non-issue, Roby is back into the conversation imo

Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia OR Joel Bitonio, OT, Nevada: Depending on how high the front office are on Chris Clark at Right Tackle then Moses/Bitonio might be on their board. There's going to be a run on offensive tackles early so if they want a starter they might need. It's worth remembering that Ryan Clady has now has three very serious injuries that required surgery in the last four years, so it's imperative to go into the season with three starting calibre OTs. This depends on how high the coaching staff are on Chris Clark, Vinston Painter and Winston Justice though.

Fify.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

You are right...you are always right. We never know what is going on in Elway's mind.
KingBishop

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kony is a left end also. That's an underwhelming group of options IMO

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
KingBishop

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

Rhodes would of been the pick Elway said it.

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That's an underwhelming group of options IMO

Ra'Shede would definatley be the BPA if that group of players was our options. He has incredible upside and our coaches seem to really 'coach up' DL well.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching this video with Greg Cosell on linebackers, and one came up that I didn't know much about. Does anyone have some thoughts on Cal's Khairi Fortt?

http://prod.video.eagles.clubs.nfl.com//PHI/videos/dct/video_audio/2014/04-April/140428-FilmRoom-Draft-LB-650.mp4
hibdib31

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
I was watching this video with Greg Cosell on linebackers, and one came up that I didn't know much about. Does anyone have some thoughts on Cal's Khairi Fortt?

http://prod.video.eagles.clubs.nfl.com//PHI/videos/dct/video_audio/2014/04-April/140428-FilmRoom-Draft-LB-650.mp4

Cornerback review:

http://prod.video.eagles.clubs.nfl.com//PHI/videos/dct/video_audio/2014/05-May/140502-FilmRoom-Draft-CB-650.mp4
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:

He looks like an okay player that could be picked in the 5th/6th round.

Fun read:
http://nfl.si.com/2014/05/02/2014-nfl-draft-50-facts/?eref=sihp
roar2014

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly trust denvers draft picks on the defensive side of the ball. They have a number of pretty talented players that were coached really well or talented players or a combination of both.

Great and good players drafted:
Von Miller
Rahim Moore
Nate Irving( talented Strong side linebacker)
Derek Wolfe
Malik Jackson
Danny Trevathon

They weren't drafted but Chris Harris is a very good corner and Duke could be a special teams stud and occasional third safety on the field or option.

We are still waiting on the latest crop to make more of a difference but I think we all liked Sly's progression and Kayvon shows potential. Lets not forget about Quanterus' up side as a pass rusher. Thats three players each year that make a difference per year. Not saying they hit every pick but but they do undeniably get pretty good players every year.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roar2014 wrote:
I honestly trust denvers draft picks on the defensive side of the ball. They have a number of pretty talented players that were coached really well or talented players or a combination of both.

Great and good players drafted:
Von Miller
Rahim Moore
Nate Irving( talented Strong side linebacker)
Derek Wolfe
Malik Jackson
Danny Trevathon

They weren't drafted but Chris Harris is a very good corner and Duke could be a special teams stud and occasional third safety on the field or option.

We are still waiting on the latest crop to make more of a difference but I think we all liked Sly's progression and Kayvon shows potential. Lets not forget about Quanterus' up side as a pass rusher. Thats three players each year that make a difference per year. Not saying they hit every pick but but they do undeniably get pretty good players every year.

While I wouldn't include Irving in that list, you hit the nail on the head with the overall point you are making. Elway knows what he's doing, we're going to be an elite team next year and I think we will remain one of the premier franchises in the NFL for the foreseeable future.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice collection of overviews on this year's LB, RB, QB, WR/TE and OL prospects by the Journal Sentinel. Good scout quotes, too. Unfortunately, nothing on the other positions has been posted yet.

Linebackers:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rating-the-nfl-draft-prospects-linebackers-b99261940z1-257880521.html

Running Backs:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rating-the-nfl-draft-prospects-running-backs-b99260511z1-257816971.html

Quarterbacks:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rating-the-nfl-draft-prospects-quarterbacks-b99258613z1-257586291.html

Wide Receivers/ Tight Ends:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rating-the-nfl-draft-prospects-wide-receivers-and-tight-ends-b99258025z1-257423561.html

Offensive Line:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rating-the-nfl-draft-prospects-offensive-linemen-b99259911z1-257746601.html

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 49 of 50

Jump to: