Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 College Prospects Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: 2014 College Prospects Thread Reply with quote

Because it's never too early to start talking about the draft!

I have a few personal favorites for the next draft, although at this point it is a bit difficult to pin down what our needs would be next year, but I think WR, TE, DE, S are the big ones at this stage, with CB being on the radar depending how things workout.

My favorite prospect for us next year is Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, TE, Washington.

I know he got in trouble with the DUI, and that alone may eliminate him from contention, but he's one of the better draft eligible weapons next year offensively, and I think the time is coming where a dynamic TE is going to have a place on this team, especially if Julius Thomas keeps up at his current unimpressive levels.

Some other guys that I like right now:

Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State
Haha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama
Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida
Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas

Next year will have an absolutely stacked draft class, and due to the obscene number of QBs I predict will be selected and Denver very likely picking near the bottom of the first, the talent that will fall is going to include a number of very good impact players.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best "fit" for this team is finding a DE to supplant Robert Ayers, if he doesnt perform well this year.

My favorite DE in this class is Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas. Hes got some freakish athletic abilities. Hes coming off a pec injury that shut down his 2012 year early. I liked him better than Alex Okafor when I watch Texas play.

In terms of "fit", Sean Phillips is on a one-year deal so we'll need to replace the pass-rush opposite Von. Jeffcoat can do that day 1. He will struggle against the run, at times, but thats only because hes a little raw. Hes got the skills and talent to be all-around DE in the NFL, IMO.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Sims, HB, Kansas

He is the best RB in the Big XII. I'm sure coach Fox is going to want another RB and Sims would fit perfectly in the Broncos offense along side Ball and Hillman.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with injuries, contracts and players just getting worse quicker than expected, it is better to focus on the players rather than be position specific to be honest.

I really, really liked Andrew Jackson from Western Kentucky. Is he a known prospect for next year? Pretty sure he is a Senior. Seemed like an NFL calibre ILB to me.

Also loved Martin, the DE from North Carolina. You can see the athleticism is there for the kid to put up 10+ sacks next year. He is inconsistent with technique and effort, but he has loads of talent.

MUFC OK
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we throw this thread up after we get bounced out of the first round of the playoffs this season?
germ-x

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One player that stood out to me last year was Stephon Tuitt out of Notre Dame. I thought he would get a little bit too finesse for a player that easily looks like he is 6'5" 290+, but he looks like a good athlete for that size, with quickness. I am interested in seeing what he does this season.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: 2014 College Prospects Thread Reply with quote

I'll sticky this.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
One player that stood out to me last year was Stephon Tuitt out of Notre Dame. I thought he would get a little bit too finesse for a player that easily looks like he is 6'5" 290+, but he looks like a good athlete for that size, with quickness. I am interested in seeing what he does this season.

I like Nix more than Tuitt personally, but that can always change.

Thanks, Tzimisce
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mostly watch the Pac12 so I will comment on some players that could be early round picks that I have seen. I'll try to keep the underclassmen to a minimum and select the guys I think will enter the draft.

Will Sutton DT ASU - He was amazing at blowing up a backfield last year. Looked better than Star a lot of times. He excels at penetrating the OL and splititng the double team.

Kyle Van Noy OLB BYU - This guy is a baller, I have been watching him for 3 years now down at BYU. He was the best player on a very good defense last year (Better than Ziggy by far). His lateral movement is phenomenal, where he could use a little help is at the point of attack. But this guy is a 1st rounder, book it.

Marqise Lee WR USC - He will be the best WR to come out of USC since Keyshawn Johnson, he will be the 1st WR off the board. He is a burner.

Anthony Barr OLB UCLA - I think almost all Pac12 fans would agree Anthony Barr>Dion Jordon who went #3 overall. He is a top 10 pick easy.

De'Anthony Thomas Weapon Oregon - Anyone who watches college football knows what he can do, he touches the football = he scorees a touchdown. He will drop because of his size, but he is scary good with the ball in his hands.

Ka'Deem Carey RB AZ - If Ka'Deem has a similar year to last year he is nearly a 1st round lock. He has great vision and makes crazy good cuts.

Morgan Breslin DE USC - I normally don't like USC players and their attitudes but Breslin is the polar opposite of them. I love this guys motor. I think the USC coach's said the only thing they have heard him say is "Yessir" and "Fight on". I read somewhere that he played nearly every snap last year.

Colt Lyerla TE Oregon - After Austin Seferian-Jenkins he is probably the next TE off the board. He looks like freaking Bane.

jonnyj20 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Really doubt Alex Smith would get KC to 2nd place.

Alex Smith + Andy Reid + better health = KC 2nd in our division.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barr has so much potential.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Barr has so much potential.

So you're saying he sets the "bar" high?
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Barr has easy Von Miller potential. That's scary.

Thanks, Tzimisce
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contracts Expiring After 2013-14

S - Mike Adams
DE - Robert Ayers
RB - Lance Ball
G - Zane Beadles
LB - Stewart Bradley
WR - Andre Caldwell
OT - Ryan Clady
OT - Chris Clark
P - Britton Colquitt
WR - Eric Decker
RB - Jacob Hester
RB - Knowshon Moreno (Club Option)
DE - Shaun Phillips
G - Manny Ramirez
CB - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (voided if on roster 5 days after SB48)
C - JD Walton
LB - Wesley Woodyard

Theres a look at expiring contracts after the year. By looks of it the interior of the offensive line is taking the biggest brunt, and we didn't do anything in this years draft to improve the unit in preparation for the potential departures of JD Walton and Zane Beadles.

The other group that may be taking a significant hit is the Wide Receivers. Rookie Tavarres King's got the skill set of a future number two receiver. Eric Decker is a Minnesota kid, pro athletes in all sports have shown a loyalty to their home state, and willingness/desire to return home. Decker's also got an entertainer fiancÚ so a move to a larger, more entertainment friendly market could be in her best interest. If King shows potential we're in solid shape, if not re-signing Decker becomes a much more pressing need. As much as I like him, I'm not sure he's a lock to return.

The final group that potentially needs a significant overhaul is the right defensive end position. If Shaun Phillips plays well, he'll command a raise that we surely wont be willing to give. This will be Robery Ayers make or break year, he'll have every opportunity, but he's had all those opportunities to start his career and shown little, so I'm not holding my breath.

At the moment we're a team with few holes, but come this time next year it wont surprise me to see these three positions ranked highly on our hierarchy of needs.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would virtually guarantee that Walton and Beadles are back next year. There's very little reason not to bring them back, as their contracts won't be massive. Same with Ayers if he plays well.

Personally I think Decker is gone. A good season from him means a big contract, and we can't afford to give EVERYONE a contract, so I would imagine he's odd man out.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I would virtually guarantee that Walton and Beadles are back next year. There's very little reason not to bring them back, as their contracts won't be massive. Same with Ayers if he plays well.

Personally I think Decker is gone. A good season from him means a big contract, and we can't afford to give EVERYONE a contract, so I would imagine he's odd man out.

I agree with you on Decker, it'll be a numbers game and with extensions needed by then for DT and Von (doubt if either plays out their contract) the money won't be there.

I think Beadles will be in the same boat and price himself out of the market. I mean, he is a Pro-Bowl OG. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 1 of 45

Jump to: