You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adrian Hubbard, OLB, Alabama (Junior)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Adrian Hubbard, OLB, Alabama (Junior) Reply with quote

Adrian Hubbard
College : Alabama Crimson Tide
Class : Junior
Position : OLB
Height : 6'-6"
Weight : 248 lbs.

2013 Statistics (13 games played)
Solo tackles : 20
Assisted tackles : 13
Total tackles : 33
Tackles for loss : 5.5
Tackles for loss yardage : 27
Sacks : 3
Sack loss yardage : 22
Passes broken up : 3
QB hurries : 4

Quote:
2012 Statistics (14 games played)
Solo tackles : 24
Assisted tackles : 17
Total tackles : 41
Tackles for loss : 11
Tackles for loss yardage : 54
Sacks : 7
Sack loss yardage : 44
Passes broken up : 1
Quarterback hurries : 4
Forced fumbles : 3

http://www.cfbstats.com/2012/player/8/1030862/index.html

Adrian Hubbard Alabama Crimson Tide Bio

Quote:
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama -- The more that projections for the 2014 NFL Draft surface, the more it's becoming apparent that Alabama has some hot prospects.

That shouldn't be a surprise for a program that now has produced 11 first-round picks in the past three years.

But one of those hot prospects might surprise some people.

That's outside linebacker Adrian Hubbard.

He considered declaring for the 2013 NFL Draft but decided to come back this fall for his junior season. That's right. He was a redshirt sophomore last season.

The 6-foot-6, 252-pound product of Lawrenceville, Georgia (Norcross High School) is showing up as a first-round pick on many early mock drafts for 2014.

ESPN's Todd McShay has posted his top 32 prospects for 2014, and that list includes five Alabama players. Hubbard is the second Alabama player listed.

Crimson Tide left tackle Cyrus Kouandjio is listed at No. 3. Hubbard follows at No. 10. The other three Alabama players are linebacker C.J. Mosley (No. 12), quarterback AJ McCarron (No. 15) and safety HaHa Clinton-Dix.

Two CBSSports.com experts also have posted their first 2014 mock draft. Each has three Alabama players listed as a first-round pick, and each includes Hubbard.

Rob Rang projects Hubbard as the No. 20 pick. Kouandjio is No. 11 and Mosley is No. 23.

Dane Brugler has Hubbard listed at No. 27. Kouandjio is No. 13 and Mosley is No. 14.

In 2012, Hubbard ranked seventh on the Alabama defense with 41 tackles (24 solo). He led the Tide with seven sacks, 11 tackles for a loss and three forced fumbles.

Earlier this week, we posted links to other mock drafts. Some of them also projects Hubbard as a first-round pick.

And we called attention to an SI.com mock draft that included three Alabama players but not Hubbard.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/05/alabamas_adrian_hubbard_gettin.html

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Last edited by nicfre2011 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what can you guys tell me about Alabama junior outside linebacker Adrian Hubbard?

I was surprised to read in the article above that Hubbard considered declaring early in 2013 as a redshirt sophomore but ended up returning for his junior year - I didn't hear and read any buzz on Hubbard. If he was strongly considering delcaring in 2013, if he has a solid season in 2014, I think the chances are good he does declare early.

MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good looking prospect... Shocked
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's had some flashes but nothing really consistent. Really the entire Bama front seven is a unit this past year as opposed to a few key stars.

Ha Ha is a great prospect though.

At least George will leave Indy soon.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:

Yeah, I have been digging into potential pass rushers for the 2014 draft and Hubbard jumped out at me considering I haven't heard much buzz about him. He almost looks lanky without much definition from what I have seen and it will be interesting to see if he has added some functional bulk. If he is actually 6'-6" and around 248 lbs., it certainly looks like he could add some weight to get close to 260 lbs.

Just from a first glance at 2014, it sure looks like there could be some solid 3-4 OLB prospects available.

Last edited by nicfre2011 on Mon May 06, 2013 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:
He's had some flashes but nothing really consistent. Really the entire Bama front seven is a unit this past year as opposed to a few key stars.

Ha Ha is a great prospect though.

Considering he was a redshirt sophomore it probably isn't surprising that one of his weaknesses is inconsistency - that will definitely be something to watch in 2014 to see if he can take the next step and be the primary pass rusher for the Crimson Tide.

I do agree that Clinton-Dix is a very solid safety prospect and could really move up draft boards with a solid junior year.

MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:

Yeah, I have been digging into potential pass rushers for the 2014 draft and Hubbard jumped out at me considering I haven't heard much buzz about him. He almost looks lanky without much definition from what I have seen and it will be interesting to see if he has added some functional bulk. If he is actually 6'-6" and around 248 lbs., it certainly looks like he could add some weight to get close to 260 lbs.

Just from a first glance at 2014, it sure looks like there could be some solid 3-4 OLB prospects available.
Yeah if he has the knack for getting to the QB, everything else can be improved. Honestly, I'm suprised at how some of these Bama prospects been looking lately, I would think they would be looking like the Hulk as good as they've been.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Alabama linebacker Adrian Hubbard has notified the Crimson Tide he will forgo his senior season to enter the 2014 NFL Draft, according to CBSSports.com's Jeremy Fowler.

Hubbard, 6-feet-5 and 252 pounds, had 31 tackles and three sacks in 12 games this season. He is rated as the No. 2 junior outside linebacker in the country by NFLDraftScout.com, and projected to be a late-first or early-second round pick.

Hubbard is a "lanky pass rusher" who boasts a good combination of length, athleticism and versatility, according to NFLDraftScout.com Senior Analyst Rob Rang, who compares the redshirt junior's skill-set to that of Dolphins 2013 first round pick Dion Jordan.

Hubbard also provides scheme versatility with his experience lining up as a defensive end as well as at outside linebacker in head coach Nick Saban's defense.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24402846/nfl-draft-alabama-lb-adrian-hubbard-reportedly-to-turn-pro

nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think of Hubbard? It looks like he was asked to handle a more diverse role with Alabama this year as opposed to just serving primarily as a pass rusher. How does he stack up against other projected 3-4 outside linebacker prospects like Dee Ford, Jeremiah Attaochu, Chris Smith, Marcus Smith, Jackson Jeffcoat, James Gayle, Vic Beasley, Carl Bradford, etc.?

jshowers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bama fans are happy he declared, they wanted him gone.

He's still coasting on his high 4* status and recruiting hype, as well as the fact that he got PT at Bama. Every Alabama defensive prospect is touted as better NFL prospect than they really are, with a few exceptions perhaps. People also get excited about his big frame.

When you really dig into his tape though, he's unspectacular. Sluggish mover, not overly strong, lacks developed hand technique. Not going to stack and shed to make tackles consistently in the run game because blockers get up inside his long frame so easily, especially with how tall he plays. Doesn't accelerate with good forward lean/shoulder dip on edge rushes. Poor coverage player, too.

I would probably give him a 5th-6th round grade as a defensive end prospect.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Measurements look good but not a fan.

Dee Ford and Carl Bradford are higher on my list of 3-4 OLB's.

Props to Mack on the sig
Abe56

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan at all.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Measurements look good but not a fan.

Dee Ford and Carl Bradford are higher on my list of 3-4 OLB's.

Both are wayyyyyy more explosive athletes, Hubbard can develop into a Jarrett Johnson type who does a great job setting the edge in the run game
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like him. He isn't an explosive pass rusher- but he's really long, tough to move and plays with leverage. A very competent edge setter. Always difficult to tell if Alabama prospects have maxed out in their ceiling, but tape reminds me a little of Chandler Jones coming out. There are some nice physical tools to work with which suggests he could develop as a lengthier power rusher in the same way Jones has (not predicting this will happen).
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
I like him. He isn't an explosive pass rusher- but he's really long, tough to move and plays with leverage. A very competent edge setter. Always difficult to tell if Alabama prospects have maxed out in their ceiling, but tape reminds me a little of Chandler Jones coming out. There are some nice physical tools to work with which suggests he could develop as a lengthier power rusher in the same way Jones has (not predicting this will happen).
ehhh, I don't know. I remember Jones being explosive coming out of his stance, and really using his hands well in pass rushing and had good bend and lean coming around the corner, Hubbard has none of that. IMO, if he compares to anyone it would be Courtney Upshaw, but even Upshaw as a better pass rusher

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: