Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Jarvis Jones big enough?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

straight ballin wrote:
But but nobody cares what you think four three and I never said it was just about height. Hey I have something for both of you the orginazation doesn't give a shot about what you think his weight should be. If that was the case you'd be in the front office. But but case closed but but

Wow, you really showed us.

I'll let this go....simply because you are out of your league.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
straight ballin

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly you're out of yours. Also what was I trying to show you? I see you think that your opinions is always right.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they have somebody like Kwame Geathers on their team, you question the collegiate conditing program.

Heck I wasn't a fan of the pick but I have no concern that he will grow into his frame. When its done and Jones refine his pass-rushing tecniques I see him as a Joey Porter 2.0,when you have a rookie that already has a NFL body its a fortunate but that's an exceptional rule. Everybody get bigger including troy polamalu who was 190 at one point in NFL. Jones would be getting bigger not because he's just playing among men, because it'll help him to use his technique better. Having athleticism help, ask James Harrison.

Yes, two entirely different kind of pass-rushers but still, hitting gym do help.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

straight ballin wrote:
Clearly you're out of yours.

All I need to do is quote you to show your cluelessness...

Quote:
Also only thing different between him and Harrison is a couple inches.

Too easy.

Quote:
Also what was I trying to show you? I see you think that your opinions is always right.

Opinions?

We are discussing facts. Facts you quite obviously have no clue about....and that is why you are out of your league.

If you dont think Jones needs to add weight...fine. Thats up to you.

Acting like he doesnt need to gain mass because he is already the same weight as Harrison? Hahahah....deep breath......ahahhahhahahahha.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
straight ballin

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never said anything about mass. Also hold on oh hey Steelers front office? Yeah you see there's this guy fourthreemafia on a forum yes a forum. He knows everything you would need to know Bout your players. He needs to be hired lmao hahhahahhahahaha
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weight being the same as Harrison's listed at doesn't mean anything. Harrison's got a clearly thicker frame now than Jones does. He'll need to bulk slightly over his first couple years to be able to play a pure ROLB position.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrison's listed weight is the weight when he came into the NFL. He added about 20 lbs of muscle since then

remember, Casey Hampton is still listed at 325 and I think that's how much one of his buttcheeks weighs

Jones will add some weight, but hoepfully not too much. He needs to add strength more than just bulk.
B&G MVP

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

straight ballin wrote:
Never said anything about mass. Also hold on oh hey Steelers front office? Yeah you see there's this guy fourthreemafia on a forum yes a forum. He knows everything you would need to know Bout your players. He needs to be hired lmao hahhahahhahahaha

No one even hinted that 43 was qualified for a FO position because he's not. I doubt more than a handful of people on this entire website could even sniff the interview room for a FO spot, so using it to somehow tear someone else's legitimacy down is rather ineffective since anyone can throw the same argument at you. (minus the part where they make an unprompted FO phone call joke and proceed to laugh by themselves of course, that really drives the point home)

We're all fans here, and we all have our own opinions. Jarvis definitely has room to fill out, but he's not gonna go past 255 or 260 lbs. There are a lot of great players in the SEC, but let's be real, he's playing with grown men now. He'll need to bulk up.

Props to mike23md on the awesome signature!
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know how many times I come to this forum and type something up only to return to the forum without submitting it? Wastes a bit of my time but saves me headaches I suppose. Guess its like biting my tongue.

My old footer tag line used to say
"Never argue with an idiot, people will have trouble telling the difference"

...you have a forum resume?
justo

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, just jumping into Steelers forum. I think people underestimate what coming to the NFL does to you as far as the weight room is concerned. You go from eating off of 20$ on the weekends to eating, practicing, and working out as a lifestyle. Getting into an NFL weight room/system is much different that a college one, IMO. Plus, coaches keep college players lighter because speed matters so much more there. If there is one fast guy on the team he could work the whole game in his favor. Everyone is fast in the NFL. You need to be strong, too. Honestly, if there wasn't a combine I think you would see guys bulk up earlier. A lot of guys spend all off-season working on their bodies to perform well in drills instead of reshaping themselves to succeed on the NFL level. [/rant]
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see the muscle definition with Jarvis Jones. I don't know his workout routine or how he maintains his fitness. But he is in need of some help in the muscle and mass department for sure. Because functional strength in the SEC isn't gonna cut it in the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a faster, Pass friendly league and it moves farther that way every day, if playing at 245 keeps him quick so be it.

Lets not worry to much until he's had a year in a nfl level S&C program
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Jones was a ripped 245 you may see a more stout player.

What I mean is, it isn't especially important he adds weight as much as changing his body composition. If he drops 10 of fat and adds 10 of muscle, that could do it.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
If Jones was a ripped 245 you may see a more stout player.

What I mean is, it isn't especially important he adds weight as much as changing his body composition. If he drops 10 of fat and adds 10 of muscle, that could do it.

My thinking exactly! Not saying he has to be ripped, but for a 245 lbs OLB I'd expect better built.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everybody is really over analyzing this. Can I just say for the thousandth time this off-season....it's the PITTSBURGH STEELERS. They might know a little something about drafting and building and coaching a linebacker. They just might. If Jones didn't have tremendous upside, there wouldn't even be threads right now, because we would of never drafted him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: