Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Jarvis Jones big enough?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Josh C Smith


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 1485
Location: Near Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Is Jarvis Jones big enough? Reply with quote

Anyone notice Jarvis Jones looks kind of skinny for an outside linebacker?

He looks more like a safety in some of the game film and pictures of him. Maybe it's just because I am so used to seeing massive guys like James Harrison and Lamarr Woodley. But some other people are saying he doesn't look very big. Here is an article about him looking undersized...

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/05/steelers-2013-rookie-camp-report-suggest-lb-jarvis-jones-needs-some-girth/

Here is a pic of Jarvis and James Harrison

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/lt/lt_cache/thumbnail/400/img/photos/2013/02/13/0b/9e/draft-jarvis_jones.jpg

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/blogs-prod-photos/e/6/4/0/6/e6406ac903934c7338aeb777fcbddee5.jpg?stmp=1284573829
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SMashMouthMike


Joined: 01 Dec 2005
Posts: 4515
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes he is skinny now. but with a 6' + frame, he can add at least 20 pounds. It may take a while but ... we'll see.
_________________

Thanks Lyasr 529
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 48955
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of players coming out are undersized and need to be molded.

Jarvis Jones has the frame to add a good amount off mass.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bbelan2343


Joined: 09 Sep 2007
Posts: 9167
Location: Steeler's Nation - On the Stairway to Seven
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trivial.

Of course the Steelers and Jarvis will work his strength and conditioning, no question. It's almost always one of the biggest needs for players in the front seven (and all rookies).

Even if Jarvis Jones was the prototypical size of an NFL ready OLB, he would still be told to work on his strength and conditioning. The competition in the league commands it.
_________________
Irish 11 wrote:
If the Ravens were playing Al Qaida, I'd be all "Go Osama!"
flyers0909 wrote:
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
straight ballin


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 159
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better move him to punter lmao. Stupid question
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
straight ballin


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 159
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also you realize Jones is the same weight as Harrison and is also taller
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rollins


Joined: 19 Dec 2010
Posts: 643
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is everyone acting as if Jones weighs 220? The man is 245. I personally would like to see him put on 10 lbs of good weight over the next year, but thats it.

I can't wait till we get to see Jones in action and all these questions about size, 40 time ect. can stop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
treat88


Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Posts: 6421
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His game is speed and finesse. I hope they don't try to change that by asking him to add mass just for the sake of the scale.
_________________



"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
straight ballin


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 159
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you want him to add ten more pounds? He weighs the same as Harrison. Did you want Harrison o add ten more pounds? No
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 48955
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

straight ballin wrote:
Why would you want him to add ten more pounds? He weighs the same as Harrison. Did you want Harrison o add ten more pounds? No


Its pretty clear you have no idea what you are talking about.

Completely different body types...completely different players.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rollins


Joined: 19 Dec 2010
Posts: 643
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
straight ballin wrote:
Why would you want him to add ten more pounds? He weighs the same as Harrison. Did you want Harrison o add ten more pounds? No


Its pretty clear you have no idea what you are talking about.

Completely different body types...completely different players.


Exactly thanks 43. Deebo's body was maxed out, while Jones has room to grow. Also if you have ever watched Jones play you would understand why I think he needs to add a few pounds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
straight ballin


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 159
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahhaha Rollins you think he should add more weight? Who are you? Lmao
Also only thing different between him and Harrison is a couple inches. Just because he's taller doesn't mean he mends to add weight. Also didn't he play in the sec at his current weight?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rollins


Joined: 19 Dec 2010
Posts: 643
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

straight ballin wrote:
Hahahhaha Rollins you think he should add more weight? Who are you? Lmao
Also only thing different between him and Harrison is a couple inches. Just because he's taller doesn't mean he mends to add weight. Also didn't he play in the sec at his current weight?


Me and everyone who watched him play last year. I am his biggest supporter and have been for over a year now. Yes he played and dominated in the SEC at 245, but he struggled when teams ran directly at him. He can not handle the point of attack as of now. If he was to put on 10 lbs and get stronger he would fair much better. And if you read my first post I don't want him to add too much weight either. I believe his perfect weight would be somewhere around 255.

Weight is not just about height. You have to factor in a persons frame and body composition, things you obviously know nothing about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 48955
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rollins wrote:
straight ballin wrote:
Hahahhaha Rollins you think he should add more weight? Who are you? Lmao
Also only thing different between him and Harrison is a couple inches. Just because he's taller doesn't mean he mends to add weight. Also didn't he play in the sec at his current weight?


Me and everyone who watched him play last year. I am his biggest supporter and have been for over a year now. Yes he played and dominated in the SEC at 245, but he struggled when teams ran directly at him. He can not handle the point of attack as of now. If he was to put on 10 lbs and get stronger he would fair much better. And if you read my first post I don't want him to add too much weight either. I believe his perfect weight would be somewhere around 255.

Weight is not just about height. You have to factor in a persons frame and body composition, things you obviously know nothing about.


But...but....Harrison was the same weight! That means they are the same!!!!!!!

Laughing
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
straight ballin


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 159
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But but nobody cares what you think four three and I never said it was just about height. Hey I have something for both of you the orginazation doesn't give a shot about what you think his weight should be. If that was the case you'd be in the front office. But but case closed but but
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group