Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Win prediction.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bro we are going 23-0.

How much beer do I need to bring on holiday?

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
duke2056

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
pscottdai wrote:
9-7 with +1/-1 wins possible given our schedule, influx of players, and it being Weeden's second year (Sorry Bruce, Campbell is a decent back-up at best)

You and others will be surprised by Campbell.

The only thing that will surprise me is if Campbell actually plays.
Weeden would have to be horrific (very possible) for Jason to be asked to step in.

My guess is 6-10 this year. Still not going to get high quality QB play IMO, plus the playmakers are still all young with little experience as a whole.

I think the defense should be decent.

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we go 8-8. I think we will start off slow. Players are learning a new scheme offensively and defensively; which will contribute to our slow start. I think we go 3-5 in first 8 games, losing a game or two we should have won. We go 5-3 and win a game or two we should have lost.

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 8-8 is possible, which means we are going 6-10 lol

I always overshoot by 2

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Entropy

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a little early to really have a good idea how good this team is. But I do think this team is more talented than last year.

I have always thought that the reason we didn't win more games in the past was because we did not match up well to the talent of our competition.

I think that changed last year.

I remember people saying things like 'show me who we can beat' and 'look at the difficulty of our schedule' last summer. Then the Browns went out and played just about every team pretty tough.

Didn't some media guy predict us to have one win last year? Did he ever admit his error?

So, the Steelers have a great chance to win every game as long as Ben is the QB? He had a 97 QB rating in 13 starts and they went 7-6.

The Ravens won the SB with Kruger, Lewis, Reed, Boldin, Ellerbe, and Cary Williams--and they are all gone.

Nobody knows how many games we'll win yet, but I think we have a good chance to play even better than last year...which certainly should result in more wins.

I also think it's unrealistic, at this point, to say that we'll make the playoffs. That would probably require us to win at least 10 games.

So, right now, I'd have to say that my expected range for wins is around 6 to 9.

Location: 2013 Adopt a Brownie: Leon McFadden: 1 solo tackle, 1 assist
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10-6

Vegas had us losing em all. Some ppl thought we would only win one. I think that as a team, we've proven that they can't count us out like that. 10-6 might not be good enough to make the playoffs, but I guarantee we will turn some heads.

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
fatpig

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't understand the Campbell hate. "good backup at best"... dude was tearing it up in Oakland before he got crushed by Gocong/Fujita.

if anything i think Weeden has a better chance of being terrible than Campbell. and IF Weeden stinks it up, which i am definitely not hoping for as i think he'll be fine, but if Weeden must be benched then i am 10x more comfortable with Campbell than Colt/Brady/Dorsey/any other Browns backup in recent memory.

that said i'll go with 9-7. slightly weaker schedule than last year with major improvements on defensed and another year experience for the young players on offense.
pscottdai

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not hating on him at all - I think he is the best back up we have had since our return but the fact that he was playing well in 4 of the 6 games he played the season of his injury doesn't mean he is the next best thing.

Campbell has had how many seasons in the league now? And Weeden? Comparatively speaking, if Campbell is in here to compete for the job vice just being given it after all his pro experience, then to me that says he is a back up.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6-10
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
I think it's a little early to really have a good idea how good this team is. But I do think this team is more talented than last year.

I have always thought that the reason we didn't win more games in the past was because we did not match up well to the talent of our competition.

I think that changed last year.

I remember people saying things like 'show me who we can beat' and 'look at the difficulty of our schedule' last summer. Then the Browns went out and played just about every team pretty tough.

Didn't some media guy predict us to have one win last year? Did he ever admit his error?

So, the Steelers have a great chance to win every game as long as Ben is the QB? He had a 97 QB rating in 13 starts and they went 7-6.

The Ravens won the SB with Kruger, Lewis, Reed, Boldin, Ellerbe, and Cary Williams--and they are all gone.

Nobody knows how many games we'll win yet, but I think we have a good chance to play even better than last year...which certainly should result in more wins.

I also think it's unrealistic, at this point, to say that we'll make the playoffs. That would probably require us to win at least 10 games.

So, right now, I'd have to say that my expected range for wins is around 6 to 9.

I agree completely.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This season has 7-9 written all over it

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Bro we are going 23-0.

How much beer do I need to bring on holiday?

Four beers x 23 wins expected= 92 beers to bring on holiday.

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, it will be based off two factors:

1. The emergence of our young talented players- We have a surplus of young talented players on our roster, but it is time for them to make plays on a consistent basis. They don't have to be a household name but can be relied on to make plays in the clutch.

2. Injuries- Injuries can turn a Super Bowl contender into a team with the No.1 pick. If we can stay relatively healthy (We have to) we may be able to catch teams with a significant amount of injuries and beat a few teams we have no reason beating.

3. Coaching - Our coaching staff is top tier,we will actually be able to turn the talent on our roster into legit NFL caliber players, and we will have a lot of times during the season where we out scheme our opponent offensively and defensively.

-I think at one point in the season, we will get a few wins against formitable teams in the clutch and we finally take the training wheels off and become a veteran team who knows how to win.

PSN: bench515lbs
pmk

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5-11 or 6-10. This team has a lot of good young players but until Weeden proves he can QB at a high level its all for naught. If the defense takes a step up and/or TRich lives up to his potential I could see 8-9 wins. Holding my breath though until we actually see some competent QB play.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

I'll take 7-9 this year... still a losing record but at least it is not double digit losses.... HOWEVER I'm fully expecting us to go 5-11 again.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: