Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Win prediction.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Win prediction. Reply with quote

I am over a decade into my fanhood of the Cleveland Browns, and every year I have had cause for an optimistic view of what we are doing.

I remember the comparisons of Frye to Farve, when we got Rudd an Holmes. Garcia, Quinn to solve the QB problem. Some new coaches or executives that would solve our problems. All these things would lead me to believe in the Browns turning it around.

This year we have all of the above, coaches, executives, new players, old players that have talent, a 1st round QB that can throw deep and accurately, a fearsome running back and uber talented receivers. Joe haden. a Dline. Maybe a bit of everything that winning teams have, but what I do not have is optimism, what I have a feeling of is the same old crap.

So what is your win prediction and why

Between 16-9 wins, the cool aid is good, we have a winner.

5-8 wins "progress" but actually pretty similar to last year in terms of quality.

0-4 wins, we suck it is our destiny.

I am feeling like we will win between 5-8 games, some progress some regression, we will put out a mixed bag.

your thoughts.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Win prediction. Reply with quote

Kiwibrown wrote:
I am over a decade into my fanhood of the Cleveland Browns, and every year I have had cause for an optimistic view of what we are doing.

I remember the comparisons of Frye to Farve, when we got Rudd an Holmes. Garcia, Quinn to solve the QB problem. Some new coaches or executives that would solve our problems. All these things would lead me to believe in the Browns turning it around.

This year we have all of the above, coaches, executives, new players, old players that have talent, a 1st round QB that can throw deep and accurately, a fearsome running back and uber talented receivers. Joe haden. a Dline. Maybe a bit of everything that winning teams have, but what I do not have is optimism, what I have a feeling of is the same old crap.

So what is your win prediction and why

Between 16-9 wins, the cool aid is good, we have a winner.

5-8 wins "progress" but actually pretty similar to last year in terms of quality.

0-4 wins, we suck it is our destiny.

I am feeling like we will win between 5-8 games, some progress some regression, we will put out a mixed bag.

your thoughts.

9-7. I have said it a lot, not backing off now.

I honestly think we will lose a couple games because of our special teams, but I'm still only going to count it as 1 loss.

I think Weeden plays slightly above average this year. I think as far as talent goes, we are as good as most playoff teams and in the upper tier of teams.

QB: B
RB: B+
T.E.: B-
OL: A-
WR:B+

DL: A-
LB: B
CB: B
S: C

P: D
K:C
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take 7-9. Mostly progress, but apparent holes at #2 CB, special teams and QB keep us from achieving playoff glory. Here's my kicker though: we win one game in each divisional series. Weeden plays decently and shows improvement, but falls to injury late in the season. Campbell comes in and does about the same as Weeden, allowing us to realize that we're essentially a QB away from a great team.

buno67 wrote:
I wonder why his cough was so bad that he needed the codeine? I betcha it was from hitting the bong to many nights in a row.
buno67

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if we have a good weeden and a healthy team it could be an 8-10win team

if Weeden struggles and the injury bug strikes, I can see 3-5wins

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say single digit losses. So anywhere from 7-9 on up. We see improvement and in the fight for a WC until the bitter end. Next year we make the playoffs and possibly contend for the division.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go with 7-9.

Better, but still a year away.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6-10 is my prediction with wins coming 1 in division (Pitt or Cincy, possibly both if we hit 7 wins), vs Buffalo, vs Detroit, vs Miami, vs Jax and @ New York
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
6-10 is my prediction with wins coming 1 in division (Pitt or Cincy, possibly both if we hit 7 wins), vs Buffalo, vs Detroit, vs Miami, vs Jax and @ New York

Chiefs?

I go 7-9, but can be +3 or -3 depending on Weeden

The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster
bruceb

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they will let Weeden sink the season if he is sucking, so I'll say 7-9, assuming Campbell will at some time be the QB and get us some second half of the season wins.
pscottdai

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9-7 with +1/-1 wins possible given our schedule, influx of players, and it being Weeden's second year (Sorry Bruce, Campbell is a decent back-up at best)
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
I don't think they will let Weeden sink the season if he is sucking, so I'll say 7-9, assuming Campbell will at some time be the QB and get us some second half of the season wins.

I'm not certain they will go with Campbell unless Weeden sucks, which means he regresses from last season. It isn't like they would be looking to see if he was our future, they know he isn't that. The only way I see Campbell getting in is if Weeden plays poorly the 1st 10 or so games, yet we still are 6-4 and just average QB play would have us at 8-2. Then they will put in the average guy and try to make a run for the playoffs with him. This means most all other facets of our team are clicking.

I think we sweep the Ravens and split with the Bengals and Steelers.

Wins:
Home: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Buffalo Bills, Jacksonville Jaguars.
Away: Baltimore Ravens, New York Jets, Minnesota Vikings, KC Chiefs.
NEL2PAC

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
I'll go with 7-9.

Better, but still a year away.

this is where I think we are. a 7-9 team looking to 2014 draft to push us to a double digit win season, an fight for the division lead.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:

Chiefs?

I go 7-9, but can be +3 or -3 depending on Weeden

I dont know, I could see the chiefs surprising some people and being that team this year that overachieves and then bottoms out again next year
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always like to see preseason before I make a prediction, but at this point, I'm thinking 6-10.
2013: 36 Tackles - 5.5 Sacks -1 FF - 1 FR - 4 PD -2 STF
bruceb

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pscottdai wrote:
9-7 with +1/-1 wins possible given our schedule, influx of players, and it being Weeden's second year (Sorry Bruce, Campbell is a decent back-up at best)

You and others will be surprised by Campbell.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: