Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If we have the first overall pick in 2014...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you take first overall in 2014?
Teddy Bridgewater QB
26%
 26%  [ 13 ]
Jadaveon Clowney DE
71%
 71%  [ 35 ]
Jake Mathews OT
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 49

Author Message
Totty


Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Posts: 9403
Location: Moundsville W.V.
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I an saying Clowney. The thing I find myself asking is: Is Bridgewater as good a prospect at QB as Clowney is at DE and the answer I keeo getting is no. Clowney 10 out of 10 times
_________________


First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
CrashMan510


Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Posts: 4578
Location: Bay Area
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
Franchise QB >>>all. so as long as Bridgewater doesn't crap all over the bed next year we should take him


How do you know Bridgewater will be a franchise QB?


i don't. but he has the potential to be one, he has a golden arm.
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders won't be in the top 10 count on it. Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 5815
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No discussion. Clowney is the consensus 2014 BPA. McKenzie apparently drafts by BPA. Enjoy beating your head against the wall thumping for Bridgewater if the Raiders have the first pick.

The only real concern is the Jags also draft by BPA and have a DEF HC. If Gus Bradley is correct in his assessment that Gabbert played well when given time and Joeckel was drafted with that notion in mind perhaps they will not be the 1st pick overall. Conversely, the Raiders schedule is much harder than it looks as the Chiefs aren't as bad a team as they looked last season.
_________________
Nodisrespect on building inside out wrote:
teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Rob


Joined: 24 Sep 2011
Posts: 2007
Location: Long Beach, Ca
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthDavis wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
if we have the #1 pick and there is a Franchise QB available we got to take him, point blank period!!!

Look what Luck did to the Colts, they were horrible in 2011, same with RG3 and the Redskins...if you dont have a QB you dont have anything!


Apples and Oranges. The 2012 draft class is not the same as the 2014. Those were the Best Players Available at their draft slots. If your logic of QB's are quick fixes for terrible teams then how come it only works at a roughly 36% of the time.

Because organizations are on a time clock, if they don't produce new management comes in, sticking to the good ol' cliches "its a QB league" therefore if we get a QB we can be good and still have our jobs. That is why QB's are always taken higher in the first round then their projection.


thats why i said if there is a Franchise QB available, one with the potential to be a Pro Bowl type player for us...im not saying reach for a Ponder or Manuel, im saying if there is a legitimate stud QB that could win us a SB one day available you take him...if not, give me Clowney...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RunDmc23


Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 234
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dream Draft we Nab Clowney with the first and David Fales with the high second rounder. Awe sorry dreamin about the future of the silver and black haha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Burgesskills


Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Posts: 1114
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clowney. We have three QB's and one of them deserve more than one season...our secondary could be beastly if we have Clowney and Moore creating pressure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 7479
Location: CA
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totty wrote:
I an saying Clowney. The thing I find myself asking is: Is Bridgewater as good a prospect at QB as Clowney is at DE and the answer I keeo getting is no. Clowney 10 out of 10 times


So lets hypothetically say Clowney and RG3 were coming out of the same draft and you had Clowney rated higher as a DE then Robert Griffin as a QB. You'd go Clowney, despite a franchise QB being a lot more important then a DE? Everything's not black and white. Clowneys awesome, but Bridgewaters shaping up to be an awesome prospect too...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Strider


Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 299
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about this a lot. I have to go with Clowney. I have this feeling (I'm psychic Wink) that he will be the Megatron of defense.

I like Bridgewater, but unless he puts up godly numbers, he will not overtake Clowney on most people's boards.
_________________
The Silver and Black is back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Totty


Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Posts: 9403
Location: Moundsville W.V.
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Totty wrote:
I an saying Clowney. The thing I find myself asking is: Is Bridgewater as good a prospect at QB as Clowney is at DE and the answer I keeo getting is no. Clowney 10 out of 10 times


So lets hypothetically say Clowney and RG3 were coming out of the same draft and you had Clowney rated higher as a DE then Robert Griffin as a QB. You'd go Clowney, despite a franchise QB being a lot more important then a DE? Everything's not black and white. Clowneys awesome, but Bridgewaters shaping up to be an awesome prospect too...


Clowney as a prospect, is a 10 out of 10.

RG3 runs a specialty offense that will not work in 2 years IMO.

I would have taken Luck ahead of Clowney though.
_________________


First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22507
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Totty wrote:
I an saying Clowney. The thing I find myself asking is: Is Bridgewater as good a prospect at QB as Clowney is at DE and the answer I keeo getting is no. Clowney 10 out of 10 times


So lets hypothetically say Clowney and RG3 were coming out of the same draft and you had Clowney rated higher as a DE then Robert Griffin as a QB. You'd go Clowney, despite a franchise QB being a lot more important then a DE? Everything's not black and white. Clowneys awesome, but Bridgewaters shaping up to be an awesome prospect too...


Once in a generation player. Until Bridgewater is that, I'm taking Clowney.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 33067
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Totty wrote:
I an saying Clowney. The thing I find myself asking is: Is Bridgewater as good a prospect at QB as Clowney is at DE and the answer I keeo getting is no. Clowney 10 out of 10 times


So lets hypothetically say Clowney and RG3 were coming out of the same draft and you had Clowney rated higher as a DE then Robert Griffin as a QB. You'd go Clowney, despite a franchise QB being a lot more important then a DE? Everything's not black and white. Clowneys awesome, but Bridgewaters shaping up to be an awesome prospect too...


Once in a generation player. Until Bridgewater is that, I'm taking Clowney.


That's how I see it too. It would take an RGIII or Luck to pass on him right now for me.
_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22507
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Totty wrote:
I an saying Clowney. The thing I find myself asking is: Is Bridgewater as good a prospect at QB as Clowney is at DE and the answer I keeo getting is no. Clowney 10 out of 10 times


So lets hypothetically say Clowney and RG3 were coming out of the same draft and you had Clowney rated higher as a DE then Robert Griffin as a QB. You'd go Clowney, despite a franchise QB being a lot more important then a DE? Everything's not black and white. Clowneys awesome, but Bridgewaters shaping up to be an awesome prospect too...


Once in a generation player. Until Bridgewater is that, I'm taking Clowney.


That's how I see it too. It would take an RGIII or Luck to pass on him right now for me.


Luck, yes. RGIII, no. I'm with Totty on RGIII. The emphasis on stopping the read-option will force him to stay in the pocket more. I have to see him deliver from the pocket and take hits on that frame to crown him.

Luck is a special talent. RGIII and Wilson IMO will slump once these offenses are contained. And I never buy heavy into rookie season for a QB when their is limited tape on what they do. Newton went from hero to cry baby in a season once teams figured him out. I see some of that coming for these 2nd year QBs.

Media is WAY to quick to crown some of these guys.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 33067
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Totty wrote:
I an saying Clowney. The thing I find myself asking is: Is Bridgewater as good a prospect at QB as Clowney is at DE and the answer I keeo getting is no. Clowney 10 out of 10 times


So lets hypothetically say Clowney and RG3 were coming out of the same draft and you had Clowney rated higher as a DE then Robert Griffin as a QB. You'd go Clowney, despite a franchise QB being a lot more important then a DE? Everything's not black and white. Clowneys awesome, but Bridgewaters shaping up to be an awesome prospect too...


Once in a generation player. Until Bridgewater is that, I'm taking Clowney.


That's how I see it too. It would take an RGIII or Luck to pass on him right now for me.


Luck, yes. RGIII, no. I'm with Totty on RGIII. The emphasis on stopping the read-option will force him to stay in the pocket more. I have to see him deliver from the pocket and take hits on that frame to crown him.

Luck is a special talent. RGIII and Wilson IMO will slump once these offenses are contained. And I never buy heavy into rookie season for a QB when their is limited tape on what they do. Newton went from hero to cry baby in a season once teams figured him out. I see some of that coming for these 2nd year QBs.

Media is WAY to quick to crown some of these guys.


Read option aside, these guys are good passers with mobility. RG3 is Vick with better passing ability. Saying that they would be screwed without the read option is plain wrong and dismissive.
_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group