Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If we have the first overall pick in 2014...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you take first overall in 2014?
Teddy Bridgewater QB
26%
 26%  [ 13 ]
Jadaveon Clowney DE
71%
 71%  [ 35 ]
Jake Mathews OT
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 49

bitty

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
Trade down and get Johnny Football.

He's going to be a terrible pro QB. Great college QB, but his blend of sandlot football won't translate to the pros.

There is only 1 answer IMO and that Clowney. He's a once in a generation prospect. You don't pass on these.

You saw what happens when you do. Russell over CJ/AP.

Bridgewater isn't on the same level as Luck and that's what I'd need in order to take him over Clowney.

I understand what you'er saying and you have a point, he's raw.
Read this it makes you think about his potential in the NFL.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9225042/nfl-hot-read-johnny-manziel-succeed-nfl
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Clowney without a question. This is a passing league and you need guys like him to disrupt QBs rhythm.

This is a passing league, so take the non-QB? Laughing

In all seriousness, I know what you mean and I know the value of a good pass rusher. However, if there is a consensus franchise QB available and neither Flynn nor Wilson have proven themselves to be "that" guy, then we have to go QB.

Do you feel this year will be enough for either of them to "prove to be that guy" though?? I don't feel that's adequate time and we're going to need another year to evaluate that especially w/ Wilson. He has franchise capability. Whether he lives up to it or not is to be determined but for the spot we chose him at, he deserves two years at least IMO

I should have worded that differently, one year is not enough time for either of them to fully prove that they are the franchise QB we have been looking for. What I meant was more that if by season's end Matt Flynn has played average and Tyler Wilson either got no action or just did not impress much, then I really want to take a QB- assuming there is a no-nonsense, legit franchise QB prospect available. One of our QBs have to show something to let us know we can pass on drafting the most important position- the one we have been trying to solve for over a decade. With that said, I would not be upset at all if we got Clowney, either.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Reggie bush was a once in generation prospect. Dude was terrible. Hell even Mario Williams who surprisingly went ahead of his wasn't great. If Bridgewater is on the level of RGIII or just a level below Luck then I'd take him. The comparisons to Russell vs CJ are terrible. Russell should never have been in contention for top 10 let alone number one. In terms of levels he was about 3 or 4 below Luck as a prospect.

If you think the Russell and CJ comparison is terrible, I can argue the same for Clowney and Williams. Clowney is ready now and was pretty much NFL ready out of high school. He has only improved his game thus far into his very young career. Mario wasn't anything like that coming out. At all.

As for Bush, I would never take a RB that high unless it's AD. There are very, very few exceptions to that so if I were to have a "big board" at that time, Bush wouldn't have been in the top 10 and I might've been his biggest fan in college. I loved watching SC games then.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Clowney without a question. This is a passing league and you need guys like him to disrupt QBs rhythm.

This is a passing league, so take the non-QB? Laughing

In all seriousness, I know what you mean and I know the value of a good pass rusher. However, if there is a consensus franchise QB available and neither Flynn nor Wilson have proven themselves to be "that" guy, then we have to go QB.

Do you feel this year will be enough for either of them to "prove to be that guy" though?? I don't feel that's adequate time and we're going to need another year to evaluate that especially w/ Wilson. He has franchise capability. Whether he lives up to it or not is to be determined but for the spot we chose him at, he deserves two years at least IMO

I should have worded that differently, one year is not enough time for either of them to fully prove that they are the franchise QB we have been looking for. What I meant was more that if by season's end Matt Flynn has played average and Tyler Wilson either got no action or just did not impress much, then I really want to take a QB- assuming there is a no-nonsense, legit franchise QB prospect available. One of our QBs have to show something to let us know we can pass on drafting the most important position- the one we have been trying to solve for over a decade. With that said, I would not be upset at all if we got Clowney, either.

I get you and I kind of can agree w/ that but I would still give them another year. If we were in position to get Bridgewater w/ even Wilson or Flynn showing an ounce of promise, I sell that pick to the highest bidder and take a couple 2nds and firsts for it and get the QB later or next year. I'd be very intrigued to see Max Wittek's development by then. I know people hate SC QBs but hell, if he looks the part, the school you go to shouldn't deter us from the pick. We also have no clue if Clowney will even come out. He could see who's getting the top pick and say "screw it" and go back to college.

PM sig requests.
rjf91

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
Trade down and get Johnny Football.

He's going to be a terrible pro QB. Great college QB, but his blend of sandlot football won't translate to the pros.

There is only 1 answer IMO and that Clowney. He's a once in a generation prospect. You don't pass on these.

You saw what happens when you do. Russell over CJ/AP.

Bridgewater isn't on the same level as Luck and that's what I'd need in order to take him over Clowney.

THIS. Honestly I would give Teddy B a .001 percent chance that he gets evaluated at an 'Andrew Luck' level when he's drafted. I hate to call people out but anyone saying they would take Bridgewater over Clowney knows nothing about the game of football.
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Bridgewater isn't Luck status, but how would you feel taking him i he reached RG3 level?

Also I'm for Clowney due to the fact we still do not have a Rush End and he's the best in years.

On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
dam you guys are hella confident in Matty F

Orrrrr maybe we're that confident in Clowney? There is more than 1 QB next year. You're aware of this, right? Bridgewater is, and will not be, the type of QB prospect Luck or Manning was so it's not like it's a travesty to not pick him. You just think that Jarvis Jones and DaMontra Moore are better than Clowney and don't want to actually get proven you're wrong again, again, and again....... not like it doesn't happen already so it'd just be the norm, but whatever.

didnt you say the only way we would get a top pick for clowney is if tp is starting?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Okay Bridgewater isn't Luck status, but how would you feel taking him i he reached RG3 level?

Also I'm for Clowney due to the fact we still do not have a Rush End and he's the best in years.

Even on RGIII's level, I'm not taking Bridgewater.

Clowney is the type guy you put on defense and he changes everything. He is a disruptive force. A true difference making player. You absolutely cannot pass on him.

Pass rusher is just as important as QB in the NFL and his potential to change the game on defense is something you only get once a decade. Period.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

Clowney is the type guy you put on defense and he changes everything. He is a disruptive force. A true difference making player. You absolutely cannot pass on him.

Pass rusher is just as important as QB in the NFL and his potential to change the game on defense is something you only get once a decade. Period.

Laughing
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

Laughing

An elite game changing edge rusher can change the fortunes of a team. You can laugh all you want, but an elite pass rushing defense will offset average QB play, the same an elite QB will offset an average defense.

I'd take a true franchise QB over a pass rusher. But Bridgewater isn't an elite prospect like Clowney. Not even debatable.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would trade down to either the second pick or third and nab the franchise QB in Bridgwater, then have 2 first round picks for at least a couple years and Reggie will do the rest. Really like having somebody that can identify talent REGGIE for prez.
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Franchise QB >>>all. so as long as Bridgewater doesn't crap all over the bed next year we should take him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
G

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clowney unless Teddy has a beyond super season. Trade Down if we get a HUGE offer but if not roll with the Clown.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
dam you guys are hella confident in Matty F

Orrrrr maybe we're that confident in Clowney? There is more than 1 QB next year. You're aware of this, right? Bridgewater is, and will not be, the type of QB prospect Luck or Manning was so it's not like it's a travesty to not pick him. You just think that Jarvis Jones and DaMontra Moore are better than Clowney and don't want to actually get proven you're wrong again, again, and again....... not like it doesn't happen already so it'd just be the norm, but whatever.

didnt you say the only way we would get a top pick for clowney is if tp is starting?

Dude go away. You're like an infection. Where in that post did I even say we would be in position to draft him? It's called a hypothetical situation. Go Google it. Not my fault you made the ridiculously asinine statement calling saying "Jones >>>>>>>>> Moore >>>>>>>>> Clowney" and that he's "a poor man's Tuck (LOL)."

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
Franchise QB >>>all. so as long as Bridgewater doesn't crap all over the bed next year we should take him

How do you know Bridgewater will be a franchise QB?

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: