You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If we have the first overall pick in 2014...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you take first overall in 2014?
Teddy Bridgewater QB
26%
 26%  [ 13 ]
Jadaveon Clowney DE
71%
 71%  [ 35 ]
Jake Mathews OT
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 49

raiderfan19

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't be to hard of a choice... If we are drafting first overall it obviously means our QB stunk up the joint. Take Bridgewater and hope for the best. Clowney is an amazing athlete but how many games do DE win for mediocre teams?

S\O Palooka on the sig
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on how Tyler Wilson looks I think. Im on the fence
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know some think I hate Tyler Wilson and all but I'd till with him and go Clowney. Aside from last season, he actually looked pretty damn good at Arkansas.....Skip Bayless even loves the guy(I love Skip Bayless).

Clowney would make our defense very solid. maybe great.

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable."
-Kendrick Lamar
IdigtheRaiders!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of these three choices, I'd take Clowney.

But seeing as those guys could very well go 1-2-3 in the next Draft, I don't think we'll get the chance to nab any of them. But if we have a Top 9 selection, I'd take a LONG look at Louis Nix from Notre Dame.

1. Props to Big Palooka for the sig
2. Tim Brown is my favorite NFL player of all time.
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember seeing some threads where the posters were arguing the same point of QB being more of an impact and therefore we should draft Russell over CJ back in 2007. This is when I really support the bpa philosophy Reggie says he uses.
DarthDavis

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we have the #1 pick, I would pick up a FA QB like Josh Freeman so we can take a once in a decade type player which Clowney is.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
I remember seeing some threads where the posters were arguing the same point of QB being more of an impact and therefore we should draft Russell over CJ back in 2007. This is when I really support the bpa philosophy Reggie says he uses.

Only difference is we are talking about Bridgewater now and the giant #2 didn't come into the picture until he outperformed the poster boy Brady Quinn. So they are not exactly the same, but yes I agree with you 100% I wanted Calvin Johnson all day every day with the #1 pick and will want Clowney the same given the scenario which I would never wish to happen again in my lifetime. 2006 was a really bad year for football. I hope this coming one isn't that or I am going to have to start watching more hockey.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade down and get Johnny Football.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
dam you guys are hella confident in Matty F

Orrrrr maybe we're that confident in Clowney? There is more than 1 QB next year. You're aware of this, right? Bridgewater is, and will not be, the type of QB prospect Luck or Manning was so it's not like it's a travesty to not pick him. You just think that Jarvis Jones and DaMontra Moore are better than Clowney and don't want to actually get proven you're wrong again, again, and again....... not like it doesn't happen already so it'd just be the norm, but whatever.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:

He's going to be a terrible pro QB. Great college QB, but his blend of sandlot football won't translate to the pros.

There is only 1 answer IMO and that Clowney. He's a once in a generation prospect. You don't pass on these.

You saw what happens when you do. Russell over CJ/AP.

Bridgewater isn't on the same level as Luck and that's what I'd need in order to take him over Clowney.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:

He's going to be a terrible pro QB. Great college QB, but his blend of sandlot football won't translate to the pros.

There is only 1 answer IMO and that Clowney. He's a once in a generation prospect. You don't pass on these.

You saw what happens when you do. Russell over CJ/AP.

Bridgewater isn't on the same level as Luck and that's what I'd need in order to take him over Clowney.

This.

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable."
-Kendrick Lamar
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For one I dont see us having the 1st pick.

Second there is a whole lot of football to be played. Any QB could falter and others could rise. Not sure how Clowny is going to do with Devin Taylor gone. I also had Matthews rated higher than Joeckel before he decided to stay in school. Not to mention Taylor Lewan is still out there. And dont be shocked to see D. McCullers and Nix rise to the top of the draft with a good year. Barr and Van Noy are two excellent pass rushers as well that can cement top 5 status with another year like they had last season.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Clowney without a question. This is a passing league and you need guys like him to disrupt QBs rhythm.

This is a passing league, so take the non-QB? Laughing

In all seriousness, I know what you mean and I know the value of a good pass rusher. However, if there is a consensus franchise QB available and neither Flynn nor Wilson have proven themselves to be "that" guy, then we have to go QB.
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie bush was a once in generation prospect. Dude was terrible. Hell even Mario Williams who surprisingly went ahead of his wasn't great. If Bridgewater is on the level of RGIII or just a level below Luck then I'd take him. The comparisons to Russell vs CJ are terrible. Russell should never have been in contention for top 10 let alone number one. In terms of levels he was about 3 or 4 below Luck as a prospect.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Clowney without a question. This is a passing league and you need guys like him to disrupt QBs rhythm.

This is a passing league, so take the non-QB? Laughing

In all seriousness, I know what you mean and I know the value of a good pass rusher. However, if there is a consensus franchise QB available and neither Flynn nor Wilson have proven themselves to be "that" guy, then we have to go QB.

Do you feel this year will be enough for either of them to "prove to be that guy" though?? I don't feel that's adequate time and we're going to need another year to evaluate that especially w/ Wilson. He has franchise capability. Whether he lives up to it or not is to be determined but for the spot we chose him at, he deserves two years at least IMO

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: