Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Offseason Threadô [Vol. V]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
And now for a brief Aaron Hernandez break....

Eagles_808 wrote:
If anyone cares to read it:

THE CENTURY'S MOST COMPELLING TEAMS; 2004 Eagles

Quote:
In the playoffs without Owens, the Eagles rolled over a Minnesota team they had beaten in Week 2. Then, they hosted Atlanta in their fourth straight NFC title game. Johnson devised a game plan to make Falcons quarterback Michael Vick run to his right. The Eagles limited Vick to 11 completions and just 26 rushing yards and no touchdowns. The Eagles won 27-10. Finally, confetti fell on Lincoln Financial Field.

...and here we are almost 10 years later Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to Hernandez...

Vick only runs to his right. Statistics also show that he struggles throwing to a certain side of the field. But don't try to make that argument around here Laughing

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Brady Tribute
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
stevec0008

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
I bet the Patriots are pissed they lost Welker to the Broncos. I mean between Welker, Lloyd and Hernandez , your looking at a huge chunk of there offense gone(like most of it), and thats not even counting Gronk. They are going to some Brady magic all 16 weeks to lift that offense to the standards its been at for so long.

Quote:
Tom Brady has lost rec. who accounted for 88.6% of completions, 86.8 of pass yards and 88.2 of TD catches in 2012.

https://twitter.com/footballfacts/status/349916923875692547

I know it isn't like NE to admit when they made a 'mistake', but I am surprised that they haven't at least kicked the tires on Lloyd to see what he can offer them, even as a TC body helping these rookie receivers.

Honestly, Brady is my keeper fantasy QB & I'm a bit worried. I think they'll go even more run heavy than they did last year. Booo.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevec0008 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
I bet the Patriots are pissed they lost Welker to the Broncos. I mean between Welker, Lloyd and Hernandez , your looking at a huge chunk of there offense gone(like most of it), and thats not even counting Gronk. They are going to some Brady magic all 16 weeks to lift that offense to the standards its been at for so long.

Quote:
Tom Brady has lost rec. who accounted for 88.6% of completions, 86.8 of pass yards and 88.2 of TD catches in 2012.

https://twitter.com/footballfacts/status/349916923875692547

I know it isn't like NE to admit when they made a 'mistake', but I am surprised that they haven't at least kicked the tires on Lloyd to see what he can offer them, even as a TC body helping these rookie receivers.

Honestly, Brady is my keeper fantasy QB & I'm a bit worried. I think they'll go even more run heavy than they did last year. Booo.

Well, no one kicked his tires, not even the Ravens who most people believe need a veteran receiver.

Lloyd seems to have a bipolar disorder and is a bad fit in any locker room, especially the Patriots. That's why all the teams stayed away from him despite a pretty nice season in 2012.
Tom Brady Tribute
Phire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to appreciate someone who works hard and does good for the community.

Quote:
That character is evident on and off the field, especially when it comes to his annual football camp, where Maclin refuses to be one of those guys who attaches his name and shows up for five minutes before moving on to something more glamorous. Maclin is extremely hands on, doing everything from delivering motivational speeches to running the actual drills and getting to know the participants well. What the campers get to see is the real Jeremy Maclin, from start to finish.

Quote:
Maclin endured a difficult childhood where he was abandoned by his father and raised primarily by a youth football coach and his wife. It's a big reason he is among the most active Eagles in the community with his year-round youth initiatives. The football camp in New Jersey is just one of the ways he gives back. He also runs an annual summer football camp in his native St. Louis.

Quote:
"The one thing I try and help them understand is that for starters, they are going to get the real me," said Maclin, who had the Eagles' Michael Vick and Jason Avant, and NFL players (and former teammates at Missouri) Sean Weatherspoon, Danario Alexander and Kevin Rutland visit the camp. "I think if they see somebody can be on TV and can be real with them, then it is something they can go out there and achieve. It is something they can go get. I came from a similar situation as a lot of these guys."

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2013/06/eagles_wr_jeremy_maclin_has_priorities_in_order_hasnt_scratched_ceiling_yet.html

Jeremy Maclin, how does he do in his contract year?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^ Assuming he is healthy and there is some semblance of competent QB play I think Maclin (everyone's scrub under achiever) gets upwards of 1200 and 10TD total.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 5 Gm/ 25 Rec/ 429 Yds/ 4 TD/ 17.2 YPC/
Jeezla

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing Maclin pulls down his usual 850 receiving yards and 6-8 td's.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, D Greenberry, C Davis, T Coleman, E McCarthy. Fire BillyD!?
Phire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mac finishes just shy of 1,000. Our offense typically spread the ball around more than average (I would say) under Andy Reid, but I have a feeling Chip is going to spread the ball around even more. I also think Chip Kelly will run the ball more.

But with that being said I do believe Mac will get a lot of opportunities to make plays.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
birdman0069

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with the below average QBs on the roster Maclin ends up around 800 yards, 8 TD's.
you kind of have to look at it in the big picture.
If our QBs throw for 3500 yards, where does the ball go? Listening to Kelly and watching his prior teams, I think the WRs see less then 50% of the passes. Last year we attempted 618 passes and completed 367. I think both those numbers go down this season. I would like this team to attempt around 500 passes and complete 320.
Less opportunities equals less production in Maclins case.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Phire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of the way Jackson's contract is structured, it would seem both our starting WRs are in contract seasons.

So what does 2014 look like? What are the chances both are on the roster? What are the chances neither are?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Because of the way Jackson's contract is structured, it would seem both our starting WRs are in contract seasons.

So what does 2014 look like? What are the chances both are on the roster? What are the chances neither are?

2013 Patriots?
Tom Brady Tribute
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

I'd put it about 50% both are still here, 25% one of them is here, 25% both are gone.

A lot of it depends on how much Momah/Benn/Cooper show. If any one of them has a particularly good year, that definitely increases the chances of Jackson or Maclin leaving. If none of the backups show much, and both Jackson and Maclin have good seasons, I think they'll both be back.
birdman0069

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
Phire wrote:

I'd put it about 50% both are still here, 25% one of them is here, 25% both are gone.

A lot of it depends on how much Momah/Benn/Cooper show. If any one of them has a particularly good year, that definitely increases the chances of Jackson or Maclin leaving. If none of the backups show much, and both Jackson and Maclin have good seasons, I think they'll both be back.

At this point, today, I would be more inclined to sign Maclin and let DeSean go. Maclin has a more well rounded game. Jackson's game is based on pure speed. His hands are never going to get better then they at this point and he is only going to slow down a bit as he gets older.
All that being said..... I would love to see us upgrade from both players. At absolute best, they are both a number 2 receivers that have allergic reactions to the middle of the field.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson is the better talent, but I have more faith in Maclin doing what he is told to do.

Kelly doesn't seem like a guy who is going to put up with shenanigans.
Jackson is good for some shenanigans.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 97 of 99

Jump to: