Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Offseason Thread™ [Vol. V]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
birdman0069


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 6270
Location: Key West, FL
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayAp07 wrote:
Sooo....

Snoop Lion is on the Vick train....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/0ap2000000212496/Vick-or-Foles-Snoop-Lion-casts-vote


This may have been news worthy if the weed head picked the white guy.
_________________

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RollEagles


Joined: 10 Jan 2012
Posts: 8261
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One of the trademarks of Davis’ defense will be pre-snap disguise. The idea is simple: Make it as difficult as possible for the opposing quarterback and offense to know where the pressure is coming from.

Quote:
Roles for Trent Cole and Brandon Graham are still to be determined.

Quote:
The linebackers and safeties are excited about the scheme change.

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013/06/14/three-things-we-learned-about-the-eagles-defense/

I'm just excited about a new non-gimicky, non-Washburn defense as I am about a new non-Mornhinweg Chip Kelly offense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
I'm just excited about a new non-gimicky, non-Washburn defense as I am about a new non-Mornhinweg Chip Kelly offense.
Add in the departure of Andy Reid for the overall freshness of Chip, and you have a triplet of excitement.

Now all we need to do is cut Vick in the Pre-season to make it a superfecta.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 35520
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
JayAp07 wrote:
Sooo....

Snoop Lion is on the Vick train....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/0ap2000000212496/Vick-or-Foles-Snoop-Lion-casts-vote


Did you really expect him to say Nick Foles?? Laughing I just find it funny that 90% of the Football world has absolutely no clue as to what the eagles will look like, play like, or end up like by seasons end. It's one of the few times I can remember there being this much intrigue or questions concerning a Eagles team coming into a season as to who and what to expect. Kind of fun actually not having the same stale preconceived notions about the eagles.


I think we might actually be the most mysterious team ever not just eagles.
_________________


RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Broadway Joe


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 7997
Location: Point Place, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
I'm just excited about a new non-gimicky, non-Washburn defense as I am about a new non-Mornhinweg Chip Kelly offense.
Add in the departure of Andy Reid for the overall freshness of Chip, and you have a triplet of excitement.

Now all we need to do is cut Vick in the Pre-season to make it a superfecta.


I'm good as long as he is not starting. Although Matt Barkley starting would make it superfecta for me.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hockey5djh


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 16620
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
Quote:
One of the trademarks of Davis’ defense will be pre-snap disguise. The idea is simple: Make it as difficult as possible for the opposing quarterback and offense to know where the pressure is coming from.

Quote:
Roles for Trent Cole and Brandon Graham are still to be determined.

Quote:
The linebackers and safeties are excited about the scheme change.

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013/06/14/three-things-we-learned-about-the-eagles-defense/

I'm just excited about a new non-gimicky, non-Washburn defense as I am about a new non-Mornhinweg Chip Kelly offense.


You know...I wanted to make the JJ comparison but then I held back because its often overused (much like the Dawkins comp for safties).

Then I read the article:

Quote:
It was telling last month when Davis said he was always impressed with the way Jim Johnson was able to create the “illusion of pressure.”


I wonder if we'll have as much blitzing as JJ had?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Meco


Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 2675
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can build the football team of your dreams, how do you do it? For me, I'd just add the biggest trolls in football and throw them on one team. Marshawn Lynch, Vonta Leach, Steve Smith, Logan Mankins, Harvey Dahl, Ndamukong Suh, Nick Fairley, Cortland Finnegan, Richard Sherman, Bernard Pollard, etc. Give me all the dirty, super physical players.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 9804
Location: 805 Cali
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have any of you read anything about how Benn has been doing in doing in practices?
_________________

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, K Joseph, D Perryman, T Clemmings, E Rowe, H Kikaha, X Cooper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 35520
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
Have any of you read anything about how Benn has been doing in doing in practices?



Ugh heard he was getting some first team reps, no one said anything else.
_________________


RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 51980
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
Have any of you read anything about how Benn has been doing in doing in practices?

Not doing bad enough to be called out, been getting lots of reps.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hammertime52


Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 12205
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free training camps tickets are available on ticketmaster now. Got 4 for July 28th
_________________

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 53 Sacks: 3 FF: 2 Interceptions: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
Free training camps tickets are available on ticketmaster now. Got 4 for July 28th
#ImJelly
#HaveFun
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 51980
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
Free training camps tickets are available on ticketmaster now. Got 4 for July 28th

Got the same. Is there a limit to how many we can get?
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EaglesFan5-36-81


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 14567
Location: Sky is the limit and Space is the place
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:
Free training camps tickets are available on ticketmaster now. Got 4 for July 28th

Got the same. Is there a limit to how many we can get?


8, which is how many I got just in case, I know at least 6 people will go so If I have extra I'll just give them to someone and tell them buy beer or me a cheesesteak from Tony Luke's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hammertime52


Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 12205
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend got 8 for every practice Laughing if anyone wants one and we have extra ill give them to you. Just look for the guy in the Nick Foles jersey Cool
_________________

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 53 Sacks: 3 FF: 2 Interceptions: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 88 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group